OT: - Ryder Cup | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Looks like JT wlll have the clincher to me.

edit: JT blew the easy birdie putt to clinch. Morikawa got the honors.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No he is not.

I became a Scheffler believer at WGC match play earlier this year when Scheffler took out Poulter and Rahm on same day.

Two years on the tour and he already has top 10's in every major.

USA is stacked for next decade- Scheffler, Morikawa, Schauffele, Koepka, DeChambeau, Spieth, Thomas, Finau, Cantlay are all good for next decade-. DJ still has another 6-8 years of these cups.

Say goodbye to Simpson, Kuchar and Reed unless they force automatically qualifying.

Simpson and Kuchar yes.
Reed is still young and a top player. He just barely missed qualifying.
It’ll be interesting how they treat him in the future if he doesn’t automatically qualify. I think Stricker was relieved he could leave him off the team and blame his health. He’s an unlikable jerk and they are better off without him in terms of chemistry.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
No he is not.

I became a Scheffler believer at WGC match play earlier this year when Scheffler took out Poulter and Rahm on same day.

Two years on the tour and he already has top 10's in every major.

USA is stacked for next decade- Scheffler, Morikawa, Schauffele, Koepka, DeChambeau, Spieth, Thomas, Finau, Cantlay are all good for next decade-. DJ still has another 6-8 years of these cups.

Say goodbye to Simpson, Kuchar and Reed unless they force automatically qualifying.
add in Zalatoris as well

Reaction Score
I watch a ton of golf and can’t think of a young euro on the cusp. Then you see the USA winning the walker cup again, Willy Z waiting in the wings and yikes. Talent gap may be wider in Rome

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watch a ton of golf and can’t think of a young euro on the cusp. Then you see the USA winning the walker cup again, Willy Z waiting in the wings and yikes. Talent gap may be wider in Rome
Next guys up are probably:

Guido Magliozzi. 24 years old. Had a 4T at the US Open this year.
Rasmus Højgaard, 20 years old, already has 3 Euro Tour wins.
Sami Välimäki, 23 years old, had 4 wins on the PGA EuroPro Tour in 2019.

I'd think they'd also love to see Victor Dubuisson make a full comeback. He had a couple of serious operations on his sinuses and ear that knocked him out of competition for pretty much three years. He played seven tourneys in 2020. He's 2-0 in Ryder Cup and has a couple top 10s in majors. Still only 32.

Reaction Score
Thanks ^. We’ll see how it shakes out over the next 2 years. Such a great event when it’s close

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
His twin Nicolai won the Italian Open this year and both had excellent amateur careers. I expect one/both to make multiple Ryder Cups team in the future.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

I'd think they'd also love to see Victor Dubuisson make a full comeback. He had a couple of serious operations on his sinuses and ear that knocked him out of competition for pretty much three years. He played seven tourneys in 2020. He's 2-0 in Ryder Cup and has a couple top 10s in majors. Still only 32.
Euro Future Stars

Reaction Score
Thanks ^. We’ll see how it shakes out over the next 2 years. Such a great event when it’s close
It was a great event this year! ALWAYS great to kick the Euros' butts! And THAT does not happen often!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was a great event this year! ALWAYS great to kick the Euros' butts! And THAT does not happen often!
I generally root for some US players but for the Euro team in general. That goes back to 1999 at Brookline - where I actually had a job interview while walking the course during the Thursday practice round (I got the job, the CEO and COO were big golfers). The Euros were a blast, great interactions with their teammates and fans, Clarke and Jimenez in particular smoking cigars and telling jokes while the US team were buttheads on the course, ignoring fans or giving cursory acknowlegement at best, and little camaraderie.

The pre-match arrogance on top of that from Stewart and others, the abuse from fans, and of course the unsportsmanlike behavior after Leonard's putt just made me dislike that team and it stuck for the next two decades. Even though the current US team is better behaved and more cohesive with the departure of all the old buttheads who played on the '99 US team, I still found myself rooting for Garcia and Westwood, who were both on the '99 Euro team, along with a couple others.

Reaction Score

Thomas Detry as well a talented player and still under 30. Seems to be finding his way and has the tools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom