Ryan Gilmartin Podcast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ryan Gilmartin Podcast

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
This was an excellent interview. Thanks for sharing. Interesting how all the “expert” boneyarders kept saying that lashlee left because his wife wasn’t happy here. Lol. Amazing to hear an insider’s perspective. Job well done.

Reaction Score
This was an excellent interview. Thanks for sharing. Interesting how all the “expert” boneyarders kept saying that lashlee left because his wife wasn’t happy here. Lol. Amazing to hear an insider’s perspective. Job well done.

That also could be true but it wasn’t the only reason he left for sure.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
For those interested- this is now available on Spotify (I know @ctbbfn @Tdaley @Banta55 and some others had issues with apple only link)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Diaco bringing in Lashlee makes zero sense given Benedict and Auburn and the whole Jerry Kill thing.

I’m just blown away at how Edsall lost the plot so badly. Very few of us recognized the huge red flag of these transfer outs.
He is likely conflating a couple of things.

There is a very good chance that the initial conversations with Lashlee were to have him come in to run the offense with Diaco as HC. The thing is this would have been Benedict, not Diaco discussing the situation with Lashlee.

Diaco was even more concerned with the offense killing clock time than Edsall. Diaco and Lashlee together would have had the lifespan of a fruit fly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Good interview...Gilmartin tries to be fair in his comments. He is a Diaco guy...so it's easy to take everything he says with a grain of salt. But...he doesn't seem too biased.

Lashlee story he admits is once removed. He heard it from someone who heard it from Diaco. To me..it's shaky. No mention of Jerry Kill...no mention of Benedict's relationship with lashlee at Auburn. Diaco may have believed that's what happened..but I think Benedict would have a very different take.

To me the biggest takeaway was his comment about Edsall. Basically saying it wasn't a meritocracy. And when players don't think the best guys are starting...they lose trust in the coaches and the process. Hearing that Edsall was stubborn about playing "his guys" without regard for what was best for the team, is both disappointing and yet not surprising.

I am glad to hear the positive comments on Spanos. It gives me hope that the players haven't given up on the season and they are still working hard to win games.

Interviewer asked great questions and did a nice job on this. I will definitely give the next podcast a listen.

Yeah, this fits Edsall. Thinking that his plan is a multi-year effort and therefore only worrying about his recruits being on the field rings very true to me. That said, Diacos guys also weren't winning and losing to FCS teams, so there's that.

I lean towards Edsall's smash em in the mouth, bend don't break style as outdated and he was unable to get the gym rats to the same level as before. Every offense is now running RPO offenses. They don't call straight run/pass plays anymore.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Appreciate the link, as searching "rent free" on Spotify lists like a thousand things and I didn't see it
Just went live on Spotify today and said it can take up to 24 hours to appear in the search results

But your best bet to get all future episodes easily accessible to your device is to subscribe within Spotify :)

Reaction Score
I listened to it. I was one of the ones who was glad Edsall came back at first. It’s a shame because not only did he not learn from the first go round, he basically regressed.

But man. That’s a really bizarre story.

So again. For an outside perspective, the transfers were a red flag. And of course some of them would end up at G5 and lower schools. Guys that should have been 1 or 2 on the chart were 3&4 or worse. What bigtime school would spend a scholarship on them?
The Lashlee thing. Who hired him really almost doesn’t matter. We had a good OC here. And Edsall couldn’t figure out a way to coexist with him. And the program suffered for it.

It sounds like Spanos is well respected and I am glad the guys had a chance to play for someone they respected in the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom