Rutgers-Villanova playing for PAC title | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers-Villanova playing for PAC title

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UCLA had it but couldnt make the plays down the stretch. Orrange did.
10 misses, 4 TOs, 2 fouls, 5 pts in final 7 minutes.

Stanford 4 misses, 3 steals, 2 fouls, 14 pts
Brutal.

Considering the overall score, Stanford scoring 14 points in 7 mins is more of an anomaly than UCLA scoring only 4.

Sounds a little like the Xavier game a few years ago that Stanford won at the end. The game all but belonged to UCLA.

Reaction Score
Thanks. :)

Stanford looked poor today, but flying 2,500 miles and playing in front of an unfriendly crowd are not positives for Duke.

I don't know how you can compare Stanford, the team that UConn beat by 26 on its home floor, with Notre Dame, the team that has beaten UConn twice.

I bet you McCallie, desperate to get a final four, would pay big money to play in the middle of the Stanford quad rather than have to go thru ND.

Reaction Score
Brutal.

Considering the overall score, Stanford scoring 14 points in 7 mins is more of an anomaly than UCLA scoring only 4.

Sounds a little like the Xavier game a few years ago that Stanford won at the end. The game all but belonged to UCLA.

Not quite as bad. Xavier had one of the most epic chokes ever, missing two wide open layups in the closing seconds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know how you can compare Stanford, the team that UConn beat by 26 on its home floor, with Notre Dame, the team that has beaten UConn twice.

I bet you McCallie, desperate to get a final four, would pay big money to play in the middle of the Stanford quad rather than have to go thru ND.
ND is the better team clearly, though a healthy Duke team might have given them a game. I think our Stanford game was a best case scenario, and our ND games were worst case scenarios.

Stanford has vulnerabilities and did not play like a 1 seed today. They beat Duke last year, but they had Nneka.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not quite as bad. Xavier had one of the most epic chokes ever, missing two wide open layups in the closing seconds.
The details and clock times were different, but in both cases, Stanford won a game when it looked as if it was going to lose.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You think Duke would rather play ND or Stanford with a shot at the final four?

Cant speak for all Duke fans....but for me.. its STANFORD STANFORD STANFORD STANFORD STANFORD

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks. :)

Stanford looked poor today, but flying 2,500 miles and playing in front of an unfriendly crowd are not positives for Duke.

How unfriendly of a crowd would it be ??? Would the Spokane people root for Stanford ??? Their crowd cant be any more unfriendly than College Park ;)

Heck... I'd give up doughnuts and Cheerwine for a year if it meant playing Stanford instead of ND in an elite 8 matchup. :oops:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stanford appears to be just not very good and will be destroyed by the first good team they play in the NCAA's.
prob in the elite 8, maybe even the sweet 16.
Could they even beat Kentucky or Tex A&M? Perhaps not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom