Rutgers making recruiting push into Connecticut | The Boneyard

Rutgers making recruiting push into Connecticut

Reaction Score
They sure as Hell better push into somewhere, because the top players in NJ don't give a rat's a** about going there.

Reaction Score

No attack on you personally delta but offering freshmen is simply low class slime ball recruiting. It's one thing to show some interest but to offer someone at the age of a freshman in high school a scholarship is child abuse. Sorry you are so proud of it....
Recruiting is nation wide and really depends on coaching connections. As for UConn we have done well in NJ, Donald Brown comes to mind. There are presently nine players on the roster from NJ.

Reaction Score
No attack on you personally delta but offering freshmen is simply low class slime ball recruiting. It's one thing to show some interest but to offer someone at the age of a freshman in high school a scholarship is child abuse. Sorry you are so proud of it....

Recruiting is nation wide and really depends on coaching connections. As for UConn we have done well in NJ, Donald Brown comes to mind. There are presently nine players on the roster from NJ.

LMAO --- Guess you don't realize that Tre Williams holds a UConn offer as well????

As a matter of fact - UConn/Edsall has offers out to 6 Class of 2020 kids.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Guess you don't realize that Williams holds a UConn offer as well????

As a matter of fact - UConn has offers to 6 Class of 2020 kids.

free-faxing.jpg

Reaction Score

Woof 101... you misunderstood the reason why I posted the article. I don't give a crap about them offering freshman even though Uconn did offer those same recruits..I'm just saying that Rutgers wants to "fence the garden" and that fence is now reaching up to Connecticut. Ps. Yes uconn has done well in NJ and will continue to do so

Reaction Score
Can we recruit this private prep school that I've never heard of?

Reaction Score
When streaming becomes the big thing in college sports and cable boxes and carriage fees disappear, what will the Big Ten do with Rutgers? Prospective recruits in NJ and CT will be wondering about that.

Reaction Score
Woof 101... you misunderstood the reason why I posted the article. I don't give a crap about them offering freshman even though UConn did offer those same recruits..I'm just saying that Rutgers wants to "fence the garden" and that fence is now reaching up to Connecticut. Ps. Yes UConn has done well in NJ and will continue to do so

Rutgers is so sad its almost not funny anymore. When their dud of a coach took over he was spouting the whole "Fence The Garden" Mantra and their fans were eating it up as fast as he could sell it. They landed 3 players that anybody really wanted and suddenly they were killing recruiting.

Flash forward to this year and Ash can't buy a commitment from anyone in the state with a pulse. Their fans make fun of UConn's Recruiting, but at least CT HS Players view UConn as an option. He's grabbing up 2 stars from places like California and Georgia out of real necessity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this except for the fact that many of their fans are suddenly exclaiming "trust the staff" and "these are the guys that Ash really wants"(top of their wish lists.) NJ players who are heading everywhere in the country but to Piscataway are suddenly overrated and inferior to these out of state diamonds in the rough.

How they have convinced themselves that they are assembling a team that can compete with OSU, PSU, and UM in The B1G East is beyond imagination. Truthfully they are going to be in a dog fight with Indiana to stay out of the basement. JMO but I suspect that 7 out of 10 years both MSU and UMD will clean The Scarlet Nots' clocks as well. You have to chuckle because their site "reporters" will spin anything to paint them in a better light. "Right now we might have the worst athletic department in the history of college athletics, but when that B1G Money kicks in you'll really see a difference." Spoiler- you won't.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is so sad its almost not funny anymore. When their dud of a coach took over he was spouting the whole "Fence The Garden" Mantra and their fans were eating it up as fast as he could sell it. They landed 3 players that anybody really wanted and suddenly they were killing recruiting.

Flash forward to this year and Ash can't buy a commitment from anyone in the state with a pulse. Their fans make fun of UConn's Recruiting, but at least CT HS Players view UConn as an option. He's grabbing up 2 stars from places like California and Georgia out of real necessity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this except for the fact that many of their fans are suddenly exclaiming "trust the staff" and "these are the guys that Ash really wants"(top of their wish lists.) NJ players who are heading everywhere in the country but to Piscataway are suddenly overrated and inferior to these out of state diamonds in the rough.

How they have convinced themselves that they are assembling a team that can compete with OSU, PSU, and UM in The B1G East is beyond imagination. Truthfully they are going to be in a dog fight with Indiana to stay out of the basement. JMO but I suspect that 7 out of 10 years both MSU and UMD will clean The Scarlet Nots' clocks as well. You have to chuckle because their site "reporters" will spin anything to paint them in a better light. "Right now we might have the worst athletic department in the history of college athletics, but when that B1G Money kicks in you'll really see a difference." Spoiler- you won't.

You know what is the sad part of your post? The second paragraph. It reads like a synopsis of the conversations that take place every year here about UConn recruiting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Woof 101... you misunderstood the reason why I posted the article. I don't give a crap about them offering freshman even though UConn did offer those same recruits..I'm just saying that Rutgers wants to "fence the garden" and that fence is now reaching up to Connecticut. Ps. Yes UConn has done well in NJ and will continue to do so

Rutgers is not good at building fences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom