Rutgers in a battle at Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers in a battle at Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I think most of the "doomscreamers" predictions were for next year and thereafter. After Louisville and Rutgers leave. Not so much this year, when you have the 2 NC finalists in the league. Then you are down to 1-2 bids (as it looks now).
Maybe we only remember what we want to, but over the summer I thought that there were quite a band of AAC dumpsters who thought that even this year the conference was basically just UConn since Louisville had to be just a flukey overrated one-or-two-hit wonder and Rutgers was fading away into CVS oblivion and the other teams smelled worse than a barrel of fish guts. Granted Rutgers' loss last night might confirm part of that vision to some, but to me it looks like some of the teams are getting some hops already.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe we only remember what we want to, but over the summer I thought that there were quite a band of AAC dumpsters who thought that even this year the conference was basically just UConn since Louisville had to be just a flukey overrated one-or-two-hit wonder and Rutgers was fading away into CVS oblivion and the other teams smelled worse than a barrel of fish guts. Granted Rutgers' loss last night might confirm part of that vision to some, but to me it looks like some of the teams are getting some hops already.
Maybe. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention to them because I knew that were wrong.....for this year. Next year though....ugh.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Maybe. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention to them because I knew that were wrong.....for this year. Next year though....ugh.
Semi-ughish. Temple should be stepping up more along with some other teams getting better, and 2014-15 entering teams like Tulane now at 11-4 and East Carolina at 12-2 seem to have some promise, though Tulsa much less so. Navy now at 12-3 and far in front in the Patriot League comes the year after.

Not sterling, but three of those teams would be right in there with SMU-USF-Cinci in the 70-100 area, and getting 8 of the eventual 12 reliably in the sub-100 region and a glass-half-full view that there will be some strong movement upward, the AAC even becomes semi-gurgly. This year's Big East is the 7th rated conference and has only half of its 10 teams south of the 100 mark, so it's a start.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I credit you for being a fan and participating in a thread like this after a tough loss.

Your gracious comments to poster Coler is especially appreciated by me for reasons known only TonyC, CTYankee, and a few dozen other long-time Boneyarders.;)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I credit you for being a fan and participating in a thread like this after a tough loss.

Well thank you.

I find myself not only that upset with the loss, at least not like I was with the UMass lost. Don't get me wrong I still feel like we should have won the game by double digits. I think this loss could actually help RU in the long run later on this season.
The ladies need to work on shooting their free throws badly, and we need to take care of the ball....if we didn't have of our turnovers we'd have won this game easily....because when we shot the ball we made them...54% shooting is pretty darn good.

We still have two games against L'Ville that I feel are very winnable for us, and I think feel we'll finish in the 2nd/3rd in the AAC. We're 13-3(soon to be 13-4)....I'll take this over last year. Just gotta keep working and getting better and not settle. I think we'd actually be better off being unranked for a while...since that seemed to jinx us.

All I want out of Sunday is RU to play hard, and leave everything out on the floor and let the chips fall where they will..and get ready for the 2 road games that follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom