Rutgers fans dealing with several decommits | The Boneyard

Rutgers fans dealing with several decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They lost three this week, some very high profile recruits, they probably have lost about 5 or more this year and they still have a solid class.

Reaction Score
We have a guy who is not a head coach, that's the problem. On top of that we have a President and board who don't really value athletics. This has hamstrung us for years. Nothing to really say. We are lousy this year and stumbling our way into the B1G. I don't think we win our next 2 games and UCONN will be a dogfight as usual.

Reaction Score
We have a guy who is not a head coach, that's the problem. On top of that we have a President and board who don't really value athletics. This has hamstrung us for years. Nothing to really say. We are lousy this year and stumbling our way into the B1G. I don't think we win our next 2 games and UCONN will be a dogfight as usual.

Rusk, is that also why a few guys left the team? Seeing that a few guys have decided to transfer, and one just quit the team.

Reaction Score
What the hell is going on at Rutgers?

Amazing how all problems are relative. We'd kill to have their issues whatever they are.

Reaction Score
Their fan base needs someone like Jaybo who can bring closure to these de-commitments.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that UConn & RU will be competing for a HC in Dec/Jan

Reaction Score
It seemed to me when he hired Flood that he was not Pernetti's first, second or third choice...but that he was the guy he could afford.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I actually think our job may be more attractive......

Wishful thinking. But RU can sell playing in the B1G and UConn can't.

However, I am confident that RU can F-up anything handed to them.

Reaction Score
Wishful thinking. But RU can sell playing in the B1G and UConn can't.

However, I am confident that RU can F-up anything handed to them.

There are 2 main things a coach will look at (IMO).......

Salary - I think we can offer as much, if not more, than RU.

Can I win there? - You tell me where it's easier to win.

Reaction Score
There are 2 main things a coach will look at (IMO).......

Salary - I think we can offer as much, if not more, than RU.

Can I win there? - You tell me where it's easier to win.

1. Rutgers will be able to throw Big 10 money around soon enough

2. The state NJ produces so much football talent, you'd be a fool not to want to coach there, "long hanging fruit"

3. Any coach wants the opportunity to coach in a BCS game, we don't offer that.

They have a much better situation, by far. It's not even close.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

2. The state NJ produces so much football talent, you'd be a fool not to want to coach there, "long hanging fruit"

I'm not disagreeing with #1 or #2 but #3 is not accurate. First there are no longer any BCS games and secondly the AAC has the opportunity to send a team to a 'major' bowl game if they have the highest ranked team of the non P-5 conferences. I'd even argue that UConn has a more likely chance to make a "major" bowl game than RU ever will playing in the B1G.

Reaction Score
I was going to say the same thing as UCFBfan. I don't know exactly what the new "BCS Bowl" rules are, but I think for Rutgers to make one they'll have to be in the top 3 of the B1G and how often are they going to be better than Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and PennState or even Iowa or Michigan State? Assuming we can get our act together all we have to do for the most part is be the best team in our division and be decently ranked to make a"BCS Bowl".

I think Rutgers will find that the Big East was very good for them, just like it benefit us and West Virginia greatly to be in a weaker conference which offered more opportunity. I think Louisville will do just fine in the ACC.

Reaction Score

Sad, but true.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Rutgers is an embarassing joke in almost every possible way

LMAO! I really don't think UCONN Football fans have any stones to throw at ANY college football program at the moment. We are on course for one of the most embarrassing seasons in college football history.

Reaction Score
You really, really had to write that as if we didn't already know, Mr Sunshine.

Reaction Score
At least you are going to the B1G! That makes all of the difference. UConn has dropped to midmajor status. As long as you guys are P5 and UConn is not, you win.

Reaction Score
Rusk, is that also why a few guys left the team? Seeing that a few guys have decided to transfer, and one just quit the team.

That was odd one kid was a RB true freshman redshirting but I saw him in practice and he was overrecruited anyway. The second was a NT who could never get healthy. The 3rd was our starting CB as a redshirt freshman so that was very bizarre.

It seemed to me when he hired Flood that he was not Pernetti's first, second or third choice...but that he was the guy he could afford.

That's false. We got screwed when Schiano left because no coach worth much is leaving 2 days before signing day. We all know he was hired to save a recruiting class and also because Cristobal wanted 2 million a year and he wasn't worth half that IMO. Flood has lost the hardcore fanbase and his recruiting, despite "rankings" isn't good. Our star average puts us 50th right now, last year it was mid 40s.

I actually think our job may be more attractive......

Put down the pipe.

Reaction Score
That was odd one kid was a RB true freshman redshirting but I saw him in practice and he was overrecruited anyway. The second was a NT who could never get healthy. The 3rd was our starting CB as a redshirt freshman so that was very bizarre.

That's false. We got screwed when Schiano left because no coach worth much is leaving 2 days before signing day. We all know he was hired to save a recruiting class and also because Cristobal wanted 2 million a year and he wasn't worth half that IMO. Flood has lost the hardcore fanbase and his recruiting, despite "rankings" isn't good. Our star average puts us 50th right now, last year it was mid 40s.

Put down the pipe.
When it comes to RU JS can't be objective.I don't really understand or care why so I just roll with it because it's so obvious as to render his posts about RU meaningless to the more rational UConn fan!btw Cristobal took his offer but his wife overruled him so now shes stuck in Bama waiting for Mario to get a HC position but they say he's a ticking timebomb?We probably should have invested in Dazzy!?!I'm not too sure of his stability either!?!

Reaction Score
Cristobal took his offer but his wife overruled him so now shes stuck in Bama waiting for Mario to get a HC position but they say he's a ticking timebomb

"Who" exactly says MC is a "ticking time bomb"??

Reaction Score
"Who" exactly says MC is a "ticking time bomb"??
The AD at FIU who fired him after he was arrested in Miami "his wifes favorite place and I suspect his also" for brawling in nightclubs from what I understood from the articles in the Miami newspapers and on FIU's board though many still supported him even though some complained he went through bouts of "roid rage" ?!?! I assume only his hairdresser would know for sure ?Who accepts a job then goes home only to have his wife overrule him? I'll bet he takes his next decent offer though! I wonder if he's a good fit here(UConn) or anywhere outside the Fla area at this critical point in CR? I know he can recruit and maybe motivate but he faltered at his only HC job after T.Y. Hilton left and is he worth the risk now ?Thats all I really know about him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom