Rutgers clobbered by Ohio State | The Boneyard

Rutgers clobbered by Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
85-68

Ohio State tries running people out of the gym and it worked today. Mitchell had 33 more with the help of 11 free throws.

Also, a few days after beating Nebraska, Minnesota moved to 13-1 by beating Purdue. They're doing quite well without Rachel Banham.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's pretty surprising, but looking at the box score - RU 10 assists on 23 made baskets sounds like they reverted an awful lot to the 1 on 1 days of future past... Not a good thing. And Mitchell is just an amazing scorer, but she does take an awful lot of shots. I'd love to play them and see how we do in defending her. Would love to see Nurse or Jefferson guarding her... Nightmare for Mitchell IMHO. She shot 9-27, but boy was she terrific from the FT line!

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Ohio State will be interesting to watch as Cooper becomes more of an impact inside....They are young and only have eight players due to injuries. Blair is coming on in the post for them. They have pretty much everyone back next year so they should start to be a factor in the tourney. Far cry from Huskies but top 20 type...Mitchell does shoot a ton but she is really fun to watch...plays like a guy!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was at the game today and I was worried after the start. OSU was cold and Rutgers was playing well. It took a few minutes for Mitchell to take her first shot of the game. Asia Doss really helped get OSU started with some good defense and a three. I didn't realize how many shots Mitchell had taken until I saw the box score, a lot of her misses some from driving to the basket and trying to get a foul and shooting a tough shot. She wasn't chucking them from outside as much as she did in the Maryland game. Lisa Blair was someone who really helped OSU get their lead, with Hart out with foul trouble she came in and provided some good minutes and contributed a lot in defense and rebounds. You could tell that was a point of emphasis in practice this week after the Maryland game. Seeing Mitchell in person is different from on the tv. She is phenomenal. Has a very quick change of pace and is a good one on one offensive player. She needs to work on her Defense but I think that will come in time? She is always looking to create and is a very competent passer. Cooper is a quality contributor to the team with her aggressiveness and rebounding, but can get caught up in emotions in the heat of the game and gets some fouls. Hart is thin. She looked to have some trouble going against Hollivay and Butts because they are solid frames but she's very agile and a quality shot-blocker.

Doss and Craft's defense were causing issues for some Rutgers players in that they were actually getting visually frustrating and yelling at each other. Laney was the only player who actually looked ready to play today. Scaife was a non-factor until Mitchell went out for the game, which really disappointed me because I wanted to see her play. Davis and Hernandez got into a bit of an argument during a timeout after Hernandez made a three. Not sure what about. So, I think Rutger's may have beat themselves after being down by double digits and never really gave themselves a chance to get back into it.

Ohio State will be a good team once they get their "team" back. But they are weak on the interior and any team with a quality post player will be able to beat them, but their guards will be a challenge for most teams.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
What is "kraken"?
watch

Reaction Score
I was at the game today and I was worried after the start. OSU was cold and Rutgers was playing well. It took a few minutes for Mitchell to take her first shot of the game. Asia Doss really helped get OSU started with some good defense and a three. I didn't realize how many shots Mitchell had taken until I saw the box score, a lot of her misses some from driving to the basket and trying to get a foul and shooting a tough shot. She wasn't chucking them from outside as much as she did in the Maryland game. Lisa Blair was someone who really helped OSU get their lead, with Hart out with foul trouble she came in and provided some good minutes and contributed a lot in defense and rebounds. You could tell that was a point of emphasis in practice this week after the Maryland game. Seeing Mitchell in person is different from on the tv. She is phenomenal. Has a very quick change of pace and is a good one on one offensive player. She needs to work on her Defense but I think that will come in time? She is always looking to create and is a very competent passer. Cooper is a quality contributor to the team with her aggressiveness and rebounding, but can get caught up in emotions in the heat of the game and gets some fouls. Hart is thin. She looked to have some trouble going against Hollivay and Butts because they are solid frames but she's very agile and a quality shot-blocker.

Doss and Craft's defense were causing issues for some Rutgers players in that they were actually getting visually frustrating and yelling at each other. Laney was the only player who actually looked ready to play today. Scaife was a non-factor until Mitchell went out for the game, which really disappointed me because I wanted to see her play. Davis and Hernandez got into a bit of an argument during a timeout after Hernandez made a three. Not sure what about. So, I think Rutger's may have beat themselves after being down by double digits and never really gave themselves a chance to get back into it.

Ohio State will be a good team once they get their "team" back. But they are weak on the interior and any team with a quality post player will be able to beat them, but their guards will be a challenge for most teams.
osu gave uconn fits in springfield last season. they will be a beast in the years to come.

Reaction Score
85-68

Ohio State tries running people out of the gym and it worked today. Mitchell had 33 more with the help of 11 free throws.

Mitchell was 9 for 27 FG - I think it is safe to say she has the green light to shoot whenever she wants

Reaction Score
Rutgers, ST John's, and/or Seton hall could end up as 8/9 seeds in Storrs.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
No, no, no....... everybody knows the only "True" Kraken is the Ray Harryhausen original.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Then The Ohio State football team beats Alabama. :):):)

Reaction Score
Watched Mitchell play her first college game against UVA in person. Very talented, quick and a bit out of control. She's certainly a volume shooter. I expect OSU to be very good next year when they get all their injured players back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom