OT: - Rutgers bball | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers bball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched most of their game vs Maryland and saw a well coached team with SOLID players. Guys that UConn was recruiting (Mathis, big cliff, Mulcahy) all showed up. Pikiell has done a phenomenal job recruiting and coaching cause this team might be top 15 by the end of the year. They play defense and have playmakers. I really wish we could see the current UConn squad go up against their current team. I think it’s relatively even across the board with the exception of our front court where I see a slight edge to UConn. Bouknight would still be the best player on the court but they have solid upperclassmen at the guard spot.

I would love to see a yearly game against them at the garden as part of the non conference schedule if they’re gonna keep up this level of play. It would be an electric atmosphere much like the Syracuse games.

Glad it took a UConn guy to turn that program around

Reaction Score
Bouk would have some competition for the best player on the court from Harper Jr he’s a really nice player.

I see what you’re saying however, Bouk is a year younger. Based of full potential bouk can be a lottery pick. Can’t say that about Harper jr but I do think he is a very good college player. Im no scout and it’s purely based off what I’ve seen - maybe Harper jr can be a lottery pick too but he seems like a 4 yr guy whereas bouk is naturally talented and doesn’t need as much time in college to be THAT guy. Regardless, it would be a very fun matchup where I regrettably see ron Harper jr better defensively compared to bouk. It would be a scoring clinic between the two of them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rutgers is better than UConn at this point and if both teams improve will be at the end of the year.
Steve is a great coach and once he acquired some players with which to work he has shown what he can do
Harper Jr is a talent and will be playing at the next level - he is not as naturally talented as Bouk but right now he is a better basketball player - not at all saying that Bouk won't be better at the next level
They play as a cohesive unit and all starting five have skill levels that blend into a forceful unit. Very disciplined.
Not sure how strong they are bench wise.
I've seen them 2 times this year and am impressed

Reaction Score
I see what you’re saying however, Bouk is a year younger. Based of full potential bouk can be a lottery pick. Can’t say that about Harper jr but I do think he is a very good college player. Im no scout and it’s purely based off what I’ve seen - maybe Harper jr can be a lottery pick too but he seems like a 4 yr guy whereas bouk is naturally talented and doesn’t need as much time in college to be THAT guy. Regardless, it would be a very fun matchup where I regrettably see ron Harper jr better defensively compared to bouk. It would be a scoring clinic between the two of them.

Talking strictly college not NBA potential here. Harper Jr is a very good college player who can throw some big numbers up fairly consistently, 40 minutes a game. We’re still waiting for our guy to get there. I’m sure given a decent schedule this season we will eventually see some of those games.

Reaction Score
It's impressive how hard Rutgers plays even with their short bench. Starting the year 4-0 w/o Geo Baker must have done wonders to their confidence and now with him in the mix there's no reason why they shouldn't think they can take on anyone. Very fun team to watch and I'm very happy for Pikiell.

Reaction Score
Great to see how well Steve has done, especially with where Rotgers was when he took over.

And, he's doing it with steady advances in recruiting. Cliff is #48 in the 2020 class, Mathis was a four star rated #134 in the 2018 class, and Geo Baker was a three star rated #476 in the 2017 class.

Reaction Score
A good Rutgers team, and Rutgers love on the boneyard are just two more signs that in 2020 the world is off its axis.

Thankfully, the Jets remain a steading influence.
giving credit where credits due when it comes to Rutgers... and as for the jets; damn way to kick a guy when hes down. Hoping gase gets fired right after the last game and T Lawrence is the savior that NYJ needs.

Reaction Score
I just hate Rutgers so much I don’t care who the coach is.
They compete with us a good bit on the recruiting trail it seems lately and somehow made a P5, I don’t root for them or care one rip Pikiell is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom