Rutgers and MD to the Big Ten | The Boneyard

Rutgers and MD to the Big Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Word is that Rutgers and Maryland will be announced as going there sometime at the beginning of the week.

Reaction Score
Holy Moly! Wonder if UConn invite to the ACC might not be far behind? They will need to replace Maryland...and dominoes will begin to fall soon.

Wonder where Maryland will come up with the $50M exit fee?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Holy Moly! Wonder if UConn invite to the ACC might not be far behind? They will need to replace Maryland...and dominoes will begin to fall soon.

we can certainly hope. I think it's a tad odd that RU was chosen over UCONN to go to the Big 10, but hey, I guess they carry the NYC market better than we do...

Reaction Score
Ice, what is the source? I just went to the Georgia Tech Scout board and see no discussion on this.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blue White or Penn State Hoops had it up. Phil Grosz owner of Blue White received a heads up phone call.

BWI.rivals.com. Google it.

Reaction Score
Blue White or Penn State Hoops had it up. Phil Grosz owner of Blue White received a heads up phone call.

BWI.rivals.com. Google it.

You couldn't just direct link us?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
homer+ji.jpeg

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Here's a link that discusses the move Link

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Thanks for the appreciation, but I' on my phone and the signal is intermittent. I figured folks could do better.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
WOW!

So, would UCONN want the ACC or BIG 10?

Reaction Score

Not so fast there, Muffet...

Reaction Score
Hardly a done deal.

MD has been bandied about for several days. RU addition is new.

Reaction Score
Imagine a wcbb conference with Duke, UNC, ND, UConn, Md. & GT. Home and home? I like that picture.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Imagine a wcbb conference with Duke, UNC, ND, UConn, Md. & GT. Home and home? I like that picture.
If the rumor plays out remove Md from that list and there is no guarantee UConn gets the invite.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The MCBB conference would reek of awesomeness as well: UConn, Duke, UNC, and 'Cuse? That's eight combined NCs since 1999.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If the rumor plays out remove Md from that list and there is no guarantee UConn gets the invite.
Definitely not a guarantee, but UConn would be a good fit and solidify the ACC as an absolutely incredible basketball league, far and away the best in the country.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Definitely not a guarantee, but UConn would be a good fit and solidify the ACC as an absolutely incredible basketball league, far and away the best in the country.

With out a doubt the ACC would offer a significant improvement of opponents for the Lady Huskies after all the defections from the BE. And UConn should benefit in football and baseball as well although that is debatable from observations of former BE transplants Miami and BCU. The men's bb program could take a hit. Tobacco road games the system for Duke and North Carolina. It's why Md, Clemson, and FSU want out of the league. There are also rumbling from GT and Virginia as well.

Reaction Score
. It's why Md, Clemson, and FSU want out of the league. There are also rumbling from GT and Virginia as well.

No.
Teams want out of the ACC because it's the weak step-child to the big 4 conferences. FSU & Clem are the names you hear the most only because they have the best FB reputation and are thus the most likely to get an offer from elsewhere.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No.
Teams want out of the ACC because it's the weak step-child to the big 4 conferences. FSU & Clem are the names you hear the most only because they have the best FB reputation and are thus the most likely to get an offer from elsewhere.
It's about a lot of things. The ACC has a weaker contract than the big 4. In football the conference is unable to gain traction. And there is also discontent with the politics of the conference. Accurate or not the perception is that tobacco row controls the conferences direction.

This Md thing is only a rumor. We'll find out soon enough if it's true. If they do leave I maintain a factor would be an animosity towards the power base of that conference, the same as the reason for so many defections that took place from the B12 (one of your big 4 conferences) in the past several years. That was about the resentment teams like Missouri, Texas A&M, Colorado, and Nebraska had towards Texas and the way they set up their network at the expense of the other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom