Rupp's Rafters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rupp's Rafters

Reaction Score
Syracuse still can't get over us being "lucky"

I thought this current title would finally put this stupidity to rest. It's amazing that a fanbase with a lone title on a 1-year rent-a-ballhog continues to craft this idea that UConn is "lucky"

“lucky” is getting anyone to commit to your program circa 2005-2018 when you refuse to practice what they’re going to do defensively at the next level.

Melo is quoted by our boy Rudy Gay saying he went to Syracuse because he knew he wouldn’t have to play defense…

"I don't think he ever told you, but I used to pick his brain all the time. Like, 'What Melo was working on, man? For real, what school is he going to?' He was like, 'He going to Syracuse.' I was like, 'Why is he going there?' He said, 'They play zone. They don't get to play no defense.' So I'm like, 'Oh, okay. Cool, cool.' So I'm thinking the whole time like, 'S***, I ain't trying to play no defense either,'"Gay said.

Reaction Score
The Rupp Rafters group are just a bunch of whiney beotches that are still angry that DH shunned their “storied program” in about 2 minutes.
All those asses keep saying is DH is crazy for passing up the UK and Laker money yet they are all still whining that all Squid did was take money.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO ADMIT UCONN IS THEE PROGRAM OF THE 21st CENTURY
If your storied program ended up with Mark Pope as your head coach, you’d have a tough time moving on as well.

Reaction Score
Saw a Kensucky flag in my neighborhood today for the first time. Yuck. Guess they're all coming out of the woodwork with the big Pope hire.

Reaction Score
I just cruised over to the UK forum and guess what?

There were some who called out his character, some who said he'd never make it in the NBA anyway, some who said we got lucky the past 2 years.

But....

There were a good number of posters who said he made the right move and that he's a great coach and we'll have a kick ass team.

I've always thought UK fans were very knowledgeable and have always enjoyed talking hoops with them. We need them to be great to keep college basketball an engaging product and I think Pope is the guy to keep that tradition going.

Looks like the Lakers fans are the ones who are gonna take this angst to the grave. Oh well.
The Syracuse board said the Lakers probably “low-balled” him because of his low moral character, and saw a couple other posts alluding to a lack of character. It seems like a case of “If you say it, it’s true.” Backing up your statement isn’t necessary.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-16-21-01-23-301-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-16-21-01-23-301-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 11

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Syracuse board said the Lakers probably “low-balled” him because of his low moral character, and saw a couple other posts alluding to a lack of character. It seems like a case of “If you say it, it’s true.” Backing up your statement isn’t necessary.
It's idiocy. The Lakers decided they wanted him to coach, that means they vetted him. They low-balled him because they are dysfunctional. Like Syracuse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Obviously most fan forums will be biased towards their team......at the expense of discrediting other teams, but after scanning Rupp Rafters a bit, they're definitely at another level.

Synopsis:
  • Hurley is a loser/crazy for not taking the Lakers position.
  • Andrea makes all the decisions.
  • We have had the greatest of luck in our championships.
  • We will get our comeuppance the next couple of years as our back to back championships were an aberration.
  • Hurley will regress back to an average coach.

Cant we just all get along :)
Andrea making the decision?

Anybody married as long as Dan knows: “happy wife, happy life.” And even if it was the case, don’t think that Dan made a bad choice. 70/2 = 35 MM vs UConn at 50MM :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love the narrative where somehow making someone the sixth highest paid coach in the NBA is "lowballing".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Andrea making the decision?

Anybody married as long as Dan knows: “happy wife, happy life.” And even if it was the case, don’t think that Dan made a bad choice. 70/2 = 35 MM vs UConn at 50MM :)
A friend of mine described it this way in a wedding speech: "As a couple you will need to decide how to share life's responsibilities. My wife, Karen, and I divided up this way. She would make all the inconsequential day-to-day decisions while I would make all the important decisions. It's worked out pretty well for us too. We haven't had a single important decision since the day we've been married."

Reaction Score
A friend of mine described it this way in a wedding speech: "As a couple you will need to decide how to share life's responsibilities. My wife, Karen, and I divided up this way. She would make all the inconsequential day-to-day decisions while I would make all the important decisions. It's worked out pretty well for us too. We haven't had a single important decision since the day we've been married."
sounds like my Dad. Your mom and I have only ever had one argument in the time we've been married. It's been going on for 40 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom