Rumors from our favorite rumor mongers getting interesting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rumors from our favorite rumor mongers getting interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
"Rumblings"? "Rumblings" of competition wouldn't deter a determined suitor.

Here's I think the true explanation. These deals are extremely complex legally. UConn had sold a wide range of Tier 3 TV rights to SNY, IMG, etc; ACC had sold all rights to ACC league home games to ESPN/Raycom. These contracts have to be reconciled. UConn would be a complex and lengthy negotiation for the ACC, and UConn would throughout the negotiation be going back to its contract partners and also the B1G to look for better offers and ways to reconcile terms to its advantage. Louisville on the other hand would sign whatever proposal the ACC put forth on the dotted line. All we need to assume is that the ACC wanted to move quickly, and they would pick Louisville.
UConn's deal with SNY and IMG is not a stopper. In sure Louisville has similar deals. What's more SNY deal expires in two years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was perfect storm of BCU fear of us and FSU chest thumping. Add to that the perception that L'ville had a place to go and we did not and a vigorous sales campaign by L'ville while we slept and bang a commuter schools line jumps us. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom