Rumored injury for Ice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rumored injury for Ice

Reaction Score
No. NCAA rules about scrimmages say they must be "conducted in privacy and without publicity or official scoring. Individuals other than athletics department staff members and those necessary to conduct a basketball practice scrimmage against outside competition may not be present during such a scrimmage. The institution shall ensure that the scrimmage is free from public view. No class time shall be missed by basketball student-athletes in conjunction with such a scrimmage, including all associated activities (e.g., travel, pregame and postgame activities)"

Thanks for posting that.

I see nothing in there to prevent a coach or any player from discussing how it went except for giving out stats. "Free from public view" could mean no video release though I would think both coaching staffs would want to see it again.

Recently Geno finally commented on the scrimmage from last season, saying that Ducharme and Fudd lit it up and he knew then he had something. So no Geno comments may mean good news.

Reaction Score
Regarding the injury, posted earlier that further medical consultation may be needed, but if there is no news by tomorrow, would tend to believe that is a positive. Regarding the privacy of the scrimmage, the beat writers should be more connected with their contacts. They know what size sneakers the players wear, but don't know the opponent or specifics ? Reporters used to sleep in the parking lot to see whose bus pulled up!

Reaction Score
Whoever tweeted about this should never have done that. It’s unfair to Ice, the team and the fans. If it is true, it should have been her choice and the teams about when and how that announcement is made. If untrue, it’s just cruel to put that out there.
It's social media. People can put out whatever they want. We are not entitled to know a student-athlete's personal medical info either way.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Are they allowed to offic
No. NCAA rules about scrimmages say they must be "conducted in privacy and without publicity or official scoring. Individuals other than athletics department staff members and those necessary to conduct a basketball practice scrimmage against outside competition may not be present during such a scrimmage. The institution shall ensure that the scrimmage is free from public view. No class time shall be missed by basketball student-athletes in conjunction with such a scrimmage, including all associated activities (e.g., travel, pregame and postgame activities)"
Thanks for this clarification. Appriciate it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that.

I see nothing in there to prevent a coach or any player from discussing how it went except for giving out stats. "Free from public view" could mean no video release though I would think both coaching staffs would want to see it again.

Theoretically the ban on publicity also applies to publicity after the game has been played. Although the NCAA has occasionally taken action against major violations, they haven't been too active when the "publicity" is minor.

Reaction Score
If by “a positive” you mean no injury, I’m right there with you.
There was an injury. Luckily it just seems to have been a scare more than anything. As some have eluded to here, all dislocations are different.

Reaction Score
There was an injury. Luckily it just seems to have been a scare more than anything. As some have eluded to here, all dislocations are different.
Hope you’re right. What is your source.

Reaction Score
Someone tweets about an injury, someone posts it, half of this forum reacts. Then another states there was an injury, but it seems to be a scare, all dislocations are different. Who is saying what to whom? How was an injury leaked to someone in the first place, and then others confirm the statement with no verification. Four days later, and no official word, this entire episode gets more bizarre by the day.

Carnac

Reaction Score
You are right predictions are guesses---however, some are EDUcATED (i.e. Experienced) guesses. While predicting the specific injury for Paige, coming off an injury is an impossibility, predicting another injury last year or this year had a high probability of being accurate. She played, after her injury early on, with gusto and IMO abandon. She went down hard a number of times, with her leaving the floor on one or 2 of them.
Her slight frame can't take the punishment of Edwards'. Paige is a terrific player with no magic force field protecting her.
Of course, I wouldn't be willing to bet on the second injury, more than my private bank roll ---$1.25. (the worth of my house, I don't live in California).
A lot of yarders post predictions. Some of them are right, some are wrong. Nothing wrong with that. If you’re wrong, no one is going to hold your feet to fire.

Some folks won’t go out on a limb. I go out on one at least once a month. No big deal. It’s all in fun. Have some fun, make a prediction. Who will be the starting 5 in the Northeastern game? My guess is Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Aaliyah, and Dorka. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that.

Recently Geno finally commented on the scrimmage from last season, saying that Ducharme and Fudd lit it up and he knew then he had something. So no Geno comments may mean good news.
Your second paragraph is all I was hoping for. No details, and no stats.

sun

Reaction Score
It will be a lot more difficult to keep a bona fide kneecap injury secret for very log.
Especially if the injury requires extensive time off and/or immobilization.
Considering that the source is a UConn alumni and a CT resident, I tend to believe his Tweet unless it's confirmed to be false.
I don't doubt that there could be some people who just happen to be in the know about team events/ mishaps by being in the right place at the right time, or knows someone who was, and then the news ends up becoming pubic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And yet you continued to race and win. You were the best Forego. ;)
Thank you. Coming from a horse of your greatness I consider your kind words to be the highest complement I could receive.

Now, to steal a (portion of) a line from another role model who never quit, Buford T. Justice, ‘now that that we’ve finished with the mutual admiration ‘Bullogna’ we can back to the business at hand.’

Reaction Score
A lot of yarders post predictions. Some of them are right, some are wrong. Nothing wrong with that. If you’re wrong, no one is going to hold your feet to fire.

Some folks won’t go out on a limb. I go out on one at least once a month. No big deal. It’s all in fun. Have some fun, make a prediction. Who will be the starting 5 in the Northeastern game? My guess is Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Aaliyah, and Dorka. :)
I like the way you think. :p

Reaction Score
Couldn't be more awful. The Basketball gods are giving us a hard way to go. An impossible
break after all we've suffered the last year and a half. But, Go Huskies anyway!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom