Rumored injury for Ice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rumored injury for Ice

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Possible injury to a player is a reason I don't make predictions about a player's accomplishments before a season starts. There are so many these past two seasons throughout the WBB world.
Don, whenever anyone makes predictions about ANY player(s) or a team’s future achievements, it’s ALWAYS assumed and understood that said prediction(s) are made barring injury.

No one can predict an unforeseen injury, especially to a player that is not injury prone. No one foresaw or could have predicted either of Paige’s injuries or this injury to Ice.

Reaction Score
I've dislocated my knees before, it def doesn't take 6 weeks recovery. A few days. At most a couple weeks. Unless there is more damage than it just popping out and being popped back in.

Reaction Score
I don’t underestimate it. But we’re that deep with talent compared to the teams we’ll play while she’s out, if she’s out.
We'll certainly find out if that's the case...............I'm convinced UConn doesn't have a better scoring big than Ice Brady and she hasn't even walked on the court yet........

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've dislocated my knees before, it def doesn't take 6 weeks recovery. A few days. At most a couple weeks. Unless there is more damage than it just popping out and being popped back in.
FWIW, a dislocated kneecap is different than a dislocated knee. I believe it is less severe.

In any event, I agree with those who are saying let’s wait to hear what the official announcement is instead of speculating.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
FWIW, a dislocated kneecap is different than a dislocated knee. I believe it is less severe.

In any event, I agree with those who are saying let’s wait to hear what the official announcement is instead of speculating.
Yes, best to wait. A dislocated patella is not unheard of for basketball players and the timeframe for recovery depends on whether it is partial or full and whether there is ligament damage as well. Six weeks seems ambitious for the sport but we’ll have to wait and see what Geno says.

There have been more than a few NBA players with the injury and I recall Chelsea Gray dislocated her patella while at Duke and then (I think) fractured the same patella the following season.

Reaction Score
We'll certainly find out if that's the case...............I'm convinced UConn doesn't have a better scoring big than Ice Brady and she hasn't even walked on the court yet........
You're correct and there's also her 5 fouls and size that they'll need to defend the paint against Texas, NC St., Duke, Iowa/Oregon St., and ND.

Reaction Score
luxated patella?
I believe the correct term is “subluxation”. Note: This is not intended to be a diagnosis of or confirmation of injury.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I believe the correct term is “subluxation”. Note: This is not intended to be a diagnosis of or confirmation of injury.
A subluxation is a brief movement of a joint or bone away from its normal place. A luxation is commonly called a dislocation -- it's something popping away from where it belongs and staying there for an extended time; it usually doesn't go back on its own. The only joint I have experience with is the shoulder, and in that case a sublux and a dislocation are somewhat different in a few ways.

Reaction Score
A subluxation is a brief movement of a joint or bone away from its normal place. A luxation is commonly called a dislocation -- it's something popping away from where it belongs and staying there for an extended time; it usually doesn't go back on its own. The only joint I have experience with is the shoulder, and in that case a sublux and a dislocation are somewhat different in a few ways.
Thanks for the clarification. I subluxated my knee caps twice each. They were not pleasant experiences.

Reaction Score
Don, whenever anyone makes predictions about ANY player(s) or a team’s future achievements, it’s ALWAYS assumed and understood that said prediction(s) are made barring injury.

No one can predict an unforeseen injury, especially to a player that is not injury prone. No one foresaw or could have predicted either of Paige’s injuries or this injury to Ice.
You are right predictions are guesses---however, some are EDUcATED (i.e. Experienced) guesses. While predicting the specific injury for Paige, coming off an injury is an impossibility, predicting another injury last year or this year had a high probability of being accurate. She played, after her injury early on, with gusto and IMO abandon. She went down hard a number of times, with her leaving the floor on one or 2 of them.
Her slight frame can't take the punishment of Edwards'. Paige is a terrific player with no magic force field protecting her.
Of course, I wouldn't be willing to bet on the second injury, more than my private bank roll ---$1.25. (the worth of my house, I don't live in California).

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

I agree. That is why I don't predict early on. No one foresees or predicts injuries and because they have been happening to so many female players, I just choose to wait. If this one did happen, it is very disappointing.

Reaction Score
My cat had a luxated patella, needed surgery.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I feel like if this was true it would’ve been officially announced by now.
It’s 6:22 pm ET. I’m surprised and a little disappointed that the BB office has not released anything reguarding the scrimmage or addressed the reports of Ice’s injury. Perhaps they feel there’s nothing to report. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It’s 6:22 pm ET. I’m surprised and a little disappointed that the BB office has not released anything reguarding the scrimmage or addressed the reports of Ice’s injury. Perhaps they feel there’s nothing to report. :rolleyes:
Are they allowed to officially put out anything regarding the scrimmage?

Reaction Score
Are they allowed to officially put out anything regarding the scrimmage?

No. NCAA rules about scrimmages say they must be "conducted in privacy and without publicity or official scoring. Individuals other than athletics department staff members and those necessary to conduct a basketball practice scrimmage against outside competition may not be present during such a scrimmage. The institution shall ensure that the scrimmage is free from public view. No class time shall be missed by basketball student-athletes in conjunction with such a scrimmage, including all associated activities (e.g., travel, pregame and postgame activities)"

Reaction Score
Whoever tweeted about this should never have done that. It’s unfair to Ice, the team and the fans. If it is true, it should have been her choice and the teams about when and how that announcement is made. If untrue, it’s just cruel to put that out there.
but it gives everyone a chance to make more rumor by commenting on it :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom