Rumor: The Big10 will invite North Dakota Hockey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rumor: The Big10 will invite North Dakota Hockey

Reaction Score
Hmm...sort of off topic but would Division 1 and 3 (I know there is no D-2 for hockey purposes) merge and possibly have a larger NCAA tournament.

Why do they need a larger Frozen Four?

Also - uneven playing field w/ scholarship versus non-scholorship schools?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

If some D-1 schools drop as above mentioned, and there seems to be too much talent for only 60 or if some drop, 50, schools.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Not yet, but I am sure it's a goal. Penn State women's hockey is in the CHA, joined in 2012.

I'm not sure it's a goal. There's only four teams that currently sponsor the sport (Minny, Wisky, OSU and PSU). Women's hockey would not be any sort of draw for the BTN. The main reason the Big10 Sponsored hockey was for the network. They show very few women's sports on the BTN and they are sports that many girls play (basketball, volleyball, softball and occasionally track). Women's hockey just doesn't register at all for such an expensive sport. While it may happen, it's no lock.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure it's a goal. There's only four teams that currently sponsor the sport (Minny, Wisky, OSU and PSU). Women's hockey would not be any sort of draw for the BTN. The main reason the Big10 Sponsored hockey was for the network. They show very few women's sports on the BTN and they are sports that many girls play (basketball, volleyball, softball and occasionally track). Women's hockey just doesn't register at all for such an expensive sport. While it may happen, it's no lock.
I'd really like to see the B1G get fully immersed into lacrosse (full conference or most of the conference). Think it has tremendous potential in the future and its great TV content.

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see the B1G get fully immersed into lacrosse (full conference or most of the conference). Think it has tremendous potential in the future and its great TV content.

It was great TV content tonight for sure. ;)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

This probably isn't as a big of a deal in hockey as it is in other sports. There's a ton of talent out there in comparison to the number of programs that play. I just think any school that wants to move up to DI probably already has. Wesleyan and Connecticut College don't seem to fit even with the smaller DI colleges like RIT, Clarkson or even Colgate. Just different situations...

Having a school drop women's ice hockey, especially North Dakota just blows... there's so few scholarship programs out there to begin with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom