rule question | The Boneyard

rule question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the first half refs missed the elbow to TSam's chin, go back and call the foul. why then is the basket SMU scored after the missed foul allowed?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Good question. I don't know what the rule is, but if they miss a flagrant foul call in live action and let play continue, I guess whatever happens during the play can't be wiped out later. SMU got two points gifted to them by the zebras, and it was a 5 on 4 situation for the Ponies.

I do know they're not allowed to stop play for an injured player until there's a dead ball situation, although I suppose if somebody is lying on the floor spread eagle in the middle of the lane they'd have to do something about stopping play so the injured player doesn't get trampled.

Reaction Score
It's happened before. They did not make a call so they play on. Then there is an injured player and a protest from someone so they review the play. Nothing new but a good question.

I have to be honest - I dislike Nic Moore think he does a lot of punky things out there and especially down in their place a couple weeks ago. Having said that, that's just not a foul. The offensive guy should have that space to clear himsekf to be able to make a play and if the defensive guy is in his stuff he will occasionally get that shot to the face/chin. I know it is called now but disagree with the rule - unintentional and play on!

Reaction Score
I think it was called an aggressive act (something like that). It was inadvertent looking more deliberate only in slow motion. Both were off balanced and Moore slipped and got up and swung the ball around. TSam was practically kissing him, and got clocked.

It was unfortunate and was nothing more than a basketball play, similar to two guys bumping heads, or clanging knees. I will say that TSam will probably give him some room next time, which for Moore makes the penalty worth it.

Reaction Score
Seemed like a bad call and TSam seemed to do his best impression of a soccer player.
Should have been a play on.

Now that everybody knows that they will go to the monitor to check, it encourages players to roll around on the floor like they got hit by Dan Henderson any time they get contact in the face from the ball handler's elbow.

I remember the days when GTown players would pull down a rebound, put their elbows out to the sides, and start clearing players away - everybody just learned that you'd crowd the rebounder at your own risk.

Reaction Score
Moore was doing that in the previous game as well and was getting away with it. He does seem to be the type of player throwing cheap shots when he can get them in. From where I was sitting it looked intentional. The whole SMU team was very active with hands and arms.

Reaction Score
Seemed like a bad call and TSam seemed to do his best impression of a soccer player.
Should have been a play on.

Nah, it was legit - TSam took a solid pop to the jaw. It was tough to see on the replay at first because it was lower on the face than you'd expect, probably why the ref missed it live too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom