Rudy Gay moving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rudy Gay moving

Reaction Score
RIP and Kemba with a bit more luck their HOF.

If Kemba doesn’t get hurt which I believe was the 2019-20 season pre covid, I think the Celtics lose to Lebron in the bubble finals but win a championship or 2 after that, on no knees Kemba was clutch for the Knicks, and the Mavs. He did more for the Mavs in 3 games then Kyrie did all of last season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rip was a 3 time all star, never on any All NBA teams or Defensive teams. Hall of very good. Bias is creeping in.

Kemba has a better case but wasn’t on good enough teams and didn’t sustain his peak long enough.

Also, being a Mcdonalds AA doesn’t matter one little bit.
Neither of them really have any case but Rip's is better.

Then call it the NBA Hall of Fame. If you're going to dismiss HS and college accomplishments.

I realize my definition is different than most.

Reaction Score
Then call it the NBA Hall of Fame. If you're going to dismiss HS and college accomplishments.

I realize my definition is different than most.
Who is really in the HOF based on HS accomplishments? It’s a silly argument. These guys weren’t like, generational talents a la LeBron/Zion, so what does being the 12th ranked guy in the class really matter?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who is really in the HOF based on HS accomplishments? It’s a silly argument. These guys weren’t like, generational talents a la LeBron/Zion, so what does being the 12th ranked guy in the class really matter?

Basing HoF solely off HS accomplishments would be asinine.

I don't know of anyone who has suggested that.

I said using HS, college and NBA as a holistic look at their impact on basketball is worth considering.

Reaction Score

I said using HS, college and NBA as a holistic look at their impact on basketball is worth considering.
Should Larry Johnson, Joakim Noah, and Al Horford get in the Hall of Fame?

Reaction Score

The question I meant was, when has someone’s HS accomplishments come into play in being selected for the HOF? I can’t think of anyone.

Reaction Score

The HOF is already watered down enough as it is.

Reaction Score
UConn would have by far the highest proportion of "Hall of Very Good" players. A lot of just-miss kind of guys -- Rip, Caron, Rudy, Kemba, Drummond. Even back to Cliffy.

Not enough HOFers.

Reaction Score
If we're being objective, it's an easy choice. Just not the one you think

View attachment 89913

View attachment 89914
No, it is the one I think it is. Take away the point total which was compiling, it is close and I would rather have Rip's career.

Rip vs Hill

You can choose either,but that was my point. My point is their careers are close enough that if Hill waltzed in, Rip is at least worth real consideration.

Reaction Score
No, it is the one I think it is. Take away the point total which was compiling, it is close and I would rather have Rip's career.

Rip vs Hill

You can choose either,but that was my point. My point is their careers are close enough that if Hill waltzed in, Rip is at least worth real consideration.
No, it's not remotely close. No idea what happened with the pictures I posted but the accomplishments aren't even close. Take away that he went to Duke and you wouldn't even be making this claim

In college Rip won 1 championship and 1 All Tourney team, Hill won 2 championships, 2 all tourney teams, 2x All American, ACC POY

In the NBA Rip won a championship and 3x All Star, Hill was a 7x All Star, 5x All NBA, and was Rookie of the Year

Reaction Score

Rip vs Hill

According to Basketball Reference’s HOF probability, Grant Hill had a 89% chance while Rip has a 2% chance. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Rip was a major factor in winning titles at both levels. Hill did not win in the NBA, and he was only an impact player for half of his career at that level.

He had one of the greatest college careers ever. But he won two and Rip won one. Rip had a higher PPG average as a pro. I can understand people picking Hill over Rip. That wasn't my point. My point, if Hill got in easily, even if you think he had the better career the gap isn't that great between them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Should Larry Johnson, Joakim Noah, and Al Horford get in the Hall of Fame?

I would be okay with them. You visit the HoF amd it should he giving you the history of the sport through different periods.

LJ was the best player on UNLV when they were years ahead of college competition. He was trending great in NBA until he injured back.

LJ was also a JUCO AA in an era of Prop 48 and freshman eligibility.

Reaction Score
Rip was a major factor in winning titles at both levels. Hill did not win in the NBA, and he was only an impact player for half of his career at that level.

He had one of the greatest college careers ever. But he won two and Rip won one. Rip had a higher PPG average as a pro. I can understand people picking Hill over Rip. That wasn't my point. My point, if Hill got in easily, even if you think he had the better career the gap isn't that great between them.
But this part in bold is what you're missing. It's not the NBA HOF, it's the Basketball HOF. The fact that he's one of the greatest college players ever is exactly why the gap exists

Reaction Score
If we're being objective, it's an easy choice. Just not the one you think

View attachment 89913

View attachment 89914
For 5 seasons, before the injury, Hill was one of the best players in the league. He had a first team All NBA and 4 second teams. He was third for MVP in 96-97. It was a short peak, but a high one, much higher than Rip, who never even made third team once. Add in his college career and this isn't really close.

Love Rip, but he's not near the HOF, even with Springfield having low standards.

Reaction Score
So, back to the original post, what about Rudy? Traded to Atlanta, traded to OKC, immediately waived. So will his next move be retirement?

Reaction Score
But this part in bold is what you're missing. It's not the NBA HOF, it's the Basketball HOF. The fact that he's one of the greatest college players ever is exactly why the gap exists
Not missing anything. In Rip's college career he made a Sweet 16, an Elite 8, and won the title as MOP. Hill's was better, but not by that much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom