Rudy Gay moving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rudy Gay moving

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rip is clearly #2.

IDK. Peak Cliffy and those 1990's Blazer teams were damn good.

Cliff with more total points, had one All-Star game, one sixth man of the year and two All-defensive teams. Cliff also averaged more steals and blocks. Higher 3pt FG%.

Rip had 3 All-star games and a chip. Higher overall PPG.

I'll go:

Ray
Cliff
Rip
Caronimo
Rudy

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My personal list would probably go.

Ray
Rip
Kemba
Cliff
Caron
Drummond
Rudy

Had to squeeze Drummond over Rudy because he was an All Star who led his team to the playoffs. Kemba was a 4x All Star, All-NBA, and a franchise’s leading scorer. (I originally had him only above Caron but Google told me about the extra All Stars and All-NBA). He has the 2nd most individual accomplishments but Rip was a key part to a championship so I’m keeping rip at 2.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My personal list would probably go.

Ray
Rip
Kemba
Cliff
Caron
Drummond
Rudy

Had to squeeze Drummond over Rudy because he was an All Star who led his team to the playoffs. Kemba was a 4x All Star, All-NBA, and a franchise’s leading scorer. (I originally had him only above Caron but Google told me about the extra All Stars and All-NBA). He has the 2nd most individual accomplishments but Rip was a key part to a championship so I’m keeping rip at 2.

I humbly admit I brain farted on Kemba.

I'd put Kemba #3 after Ray and Cliff.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I humbly admit I brain farted on Kemba.

I'd put Kemba #3 after Ray and Cliff.
Again, I originally thought he was only a one time all star so I didn’t think the difference between him and Caron was wide. So it’s easy to do when someone’s career is spent mostly in Charlotte purgatory. Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You have Rip #4? Lolz

Sure.

Kemba has more All-stsr game appearances, had one All-NBA team, has a higher career scoring average, higher RPG, APG, and SPG.

Rip's career is fine. Real good.

I actually think he should be in basketball HoF for totality of his career. It's basketball HoF, not NBA HoF.

Rip was a McD's AA, came to UConn was an AA, BEPOY, 0awon a chip, was FF MOP and was one of the top players on an NBA championship team. He excelled at every level of his career.

But his NBA career is not better than Ray, Kemba or Cliffy.

Reaction Score
Sure.

Kemba has more All-stsr game appearances, had one All-NBA team, has a higher career scoring average, higher RPG, APG, and SPG.

Rip's career is fine. Real good.

I actually think he should be in basketball HoF for totality of his career. It's basketball HoF, not NBA HoF.

Rip was a McD's AA, came to UConn was an AA, BEPOY, 0awon a chip, was FF MOP and was one of the top players on an NBA championship team. He excelled at every level of his career.

But his NBA career is not better than Ray, Kemba or Cliffy.
he was on a loaded detroit team

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
he was on a loaded detroit team

I'd say balanced is a better description than loaded is.

Billups and Rip could score but Tayshaun, Rasheed and the rest were a strong supporting cast and not high end scorers who sacrificed points for the team's benefit. Rip had a role as a designated scorer and he did it well.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Did you all know Rudy and AD are the last current Calhoun player in the NBA. We used to have the most alums in the league, we should be getting back to that rapidly.

Good for Rudy be in the league as long as you possibly can.
Jermey Lamb

Reaction Score
I'd say balanced is a better description than loaded is.

Billups and Rip could score but Tayshaun, Rasheed and the rest were a strong supporting cast and not high end scorers who sacrificed points for the team's benefit. Rip had a role as a designated scorer and he did it well.
5 All Stars, a 4 time DPOY, and beat the mighty Lakers with Gary and Karl

They were loaded

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
5 All Stars, a 4 time DPOY, and beat the mighty Lakers with Gary and Karl

They were loaded

Lol. There weren't five players who made the all-star team that season.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rip should've been finals MVP. Larry Brown knew how great he was.

"I think Rip comes first" - Larry Brown on Rip Hamilton's importance to the '04 Detroit Pistons | Basketball Network - Your daily dose of basketball

It was a toss up between Rip and Billups.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was a toss up between Rip and Billups.
Real time it always seemed that Rip was cast as Robin when it should have been the Wonder Twins. I think that's why Chauncey got the nod. Plus, his name was Chauncey.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That’s a stretchhhh

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rip amd Kemba should both be in the HoF.

It's the basketball Hall of Fame not the NBA Hall of Fame.

Both Rip and Kemba were HS AA's and played in McD's game. Both were first team AA's in college, won a college championship and were FF MOP.

Both made multiple All-star games in NBA. Rip won an NBA championship and was a key player on that team.

Sounds like sustained excellence across multiple levels of basketball.

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rip amd Kemba should both be in the HoF.

It's the basketball Hall of Fame not the NBA Hall of Fame.

Both Rip and Kemba were HS AA's and played in McD's game. Both were first team AA's in college, won a college championship and were FF MOP.

Both made multiple All-star games in NBA. Rip won an NBA championship and was a key player on that team.

Sounds like sustained excellence across multiple levels of basketball.
Rip was a 3 time all star, never on any All NBA teams or Defensive teams. Hall of very good. Bias is creeping in.

Kemba has a better case but wasn’t on good enough teams and didn’t sustain his peak long enough.

Also, being a Mcdonalds AA doesn’t matter one little bit.

Reaction Score
Rip was a 3 time all star, never on any All NBA teams or Defensive teams. Hall of very good. Bias is creeping in.

Kemba has a better case but wasn’t on good enough teams and didn’t sustain his peak long enough.

Also, being a Mcdonalds AA doesn’t matter one little bit.
Neither of them really have any case but Rip's is better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom