Roy wants to be like UCONN | The Boneyard

Roy wants to be like UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our march runs are legendary. I was listening to sports radio this week here in Charlotte, the topic was most memorable March runs for NCAA's. Uconn was getting a ton of love, most saying the 2011 run, 5 games in 5 days and topping it off with the championship. What most people don't seem to remember, we were #3 seed, had a great RPI and undefeated in non conference with wins vs Mich St and UK. Some people seem to think we needed to win out to get into the NCAA's.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Our march runs are legendary. I was listening to sports radio this week here in Charlotte, the topic was most memorable March runs for NCAA's. Uconn was getting a ton of love, most saying the 2011 run, 5 games in 5 days and topping it off with the championship. What most people don't seem to remember, we were #3 seed, had a great RPI and undefeated in non conference with wins vs Mich St and UK. Some people seem to think we needed to win out to get into the NCAA's.
#3 seed because of that extraordinary run in the BE tournament. Not the best UConn team but those 11 games were magical.

Reaction Score
#3 seed because of that extraordinary run in the BE tournament. Not the best UConn team but those 11 games were magical.
The 2011 team just got lazy at the end of the year after a tough BE schedule and turned it on at the BET. Lets say they win 2 BET games, still think they were a solid 5 seed. My point was, we were solidly in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
The 2011 team just got lazy at the end of the year after a tough BE schedule and turned it on at the BET. Lets say they win 2 BET games, still think they were a solid 5 seed. My point was, we were solidly in the NCAA's.

OK, so I'm going to be the hated guy. Refereeing makes a lot of difference in basketball. Note: I am not saying that Refs are biased. But the way they call the games makes all the difference.

Kemba Walker excelled at driving that year. And he spent much time at the free throw line. During the non-conference season, he ended up at the line when teams hacked him. In the BE regular season, he was hammered. There were no calls. Shooting % showed Kemba in particular was way way down during conference play. If you're fouled 5 times, and there are no calls, you go from a 8-16 night to an 8-21 night. That's a 6 or 7 point difference.

Given the huge disparity between the two records (23-0 outside the regular season, against BETTER competition, AND 9-9 in the regular season) I am going to blame the difference on the way games are reffed. The BE refs let players get hammered inside. Kemba's %s dropped like a stone. I'll always remember Pitino complaining during the championship game that Kemba isn't Michael Jordan.

Reaction Score
OK, so I'm going to be the hated guy. Refereeing makes a lot of difference in basketball. Note: I am not saying that Refs are biased. But the way they call the games makes all the difference.

Kemba Walker excelled at driving that year. And he spent much time at the free throw line. During the non-conference season, he ended up at the line when teams hacked him. In the BE regular season, he was hammered. There were no calls. Shooting % showed Kemba in particular was way way down during conference play. If you're fouled 5 times, and there are no calls, you go from a 8-16 night to an 8-21 night. That's a 6 or 7 point difference.

Given the huge disparity between the two records (23-0 outside the regular season, against BETTER competition, AND 9-9 in the regular season) I am going to blame the difference on the way games are reffed. The BE refs let players get hammered inside. Kemba's %s dropped like a stone. I'll always remember Pitino complaining during the championship game that Kemba isn't Michael Jordan.
You actual got that right.
A young not very physical UConn team, was beaten up in conference play especially their best player.
It Definitly wasn't a team made for the BiG East.
It was a team made for the Post Season.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

No hate here. Big East regular season reffing definitely reduced Kemba's effectiveness and toughened the team for the post-season.

Reaction Score
How come there is a girl in the locker room, is she the teams piece?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

What is wrong with you. When the truth contradicts the legend, you print the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom