Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score

Reaction Score
Rotten Tomatoes audience score has skyrocketed to 51%. Critic score dipped a little to 79%. I just don't believe anything I read anymore, seems like there is so much manipulation going on with reactions to this movie.

Fake News

Reaction Score
Rotten Tomatoes audience score has skyrocketed to 51%. Critic score dipped a little to 79%. I just don't believe anything I read anymore, seems like there is so much manipulation going on with reactions to this movie.
They tried, but ultimately failed. There were like 11,000 reviews when the audience score started going up, but that number is up to 33,000+ now and the audience score has leveled out at 51%. That's eerily similar to Solo and Last Jedi.

I'd take intlzncster's advice - make a good movie - and add, maybe try not to intentionally alienate your core demographic.

The box office projections have been dropping for weeks. Last I saw, they were only projecting an opening weekend of $80 million or less. Also heard they filmed two different endings for Endgame - one with and one without Captain Marvel, considering how this movie is received. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

On the Star Wars side of things, the fan reaction has clearly had an impact on their plans going forward. Maybe the Marvel side of the house can get out in front of this. I tend to doubt it.

Reaction Score
They tried, but ultimately failed. There were like 11,000 reviews when the audience score started going up, but that number is up to 33,000+ now and the audience score has leveled out at 51%. That's eerily similar to Solo and Last Jedi.

I'd take intlzncster's advice - make a good movie - and add, maybe try not to intentionally alienate your core demographic.

The box office projections have been dropping for weeks. Last I saw, they were only projecting an opening weekend of $80 million or less. Also heard they filmed two different endings for Endgame - one with and one without Captain Marvel, considering how this movie is received. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

On the Star Wars side of things, the fan reaction has clearly had an impact on their plans going forward. Maybe the Marvel side of the house can get out in front of this. I tend to doubt it.
Lol. Looking like north of 150 mil.

Eyes Turn to 'Captain Marvel' to Give the 2019 Box Office a Boost - Box Office Mojo

I have no skin in this. Never was a comic book fan. I find the Marvel movies entertaining enough but they’re nothing more than decent action movies. You and Traitor are coming off as HUGE haters though.

Reaction Score
Lol. Looking like north of 150 mil.

Eyes Turn to 'Captain Marvel' to Give the 2019 Box Office a Boost - Box Office Mojo

I have no skin in this. Never was a comic book fan. I find the Marvel movies entertaining enough but they’re nothing more than decent action movies. You and Traitor are coming off as HUGE haters though.
We'll see. All of these numbers are currently estimates. The only real number is the $20.7 M on Thursday.

And please don't use stupid language like "hater". Good lord. Beyond which, I could give a steaming pile if I "come off as a huge hater". My life will LiTERALLY never be the same.

Reaction Score
We'll see. All of these numbers are currently estimates. The only real number is the $20.7 M on Thursday.

And please don't use stupid language like "hater". Good lord. Beyond which, I could give a steaming pile if I "come off as a huge hater". My life will LiTERALLY never be the same.
It’s just funny considering the whole point of this thread, you sound like exactly the type that would downvote this movie sight unseen which is what RT was trying to curb. Traitor at least had a reason to dislike the movie before it opened.

Reaction Score
It’s just funny considering the whole point of this thread, you sound like exactly the type that would downvote this movie sight unseen which is what RT was trying to curb. Traitor at least had a reason to dislike the movie before it opened.
They are putting the future of their franchise in the hands of one of the most disliked comic book characters in recent memory. I thought it was a bad move when they first started talking about it, and I have heard nothing to change my opinion on that. I'm like most people who are familiar with the character in that I don't like her and don't find her interesting at all. As a result, I was already inclined to not be interested in the movie. Toss in all of the "it's not for you anyway" stuff that the shills throw out there and it became very easy for me to decide to not see it.

Reaction Score
Dawn of Justice made a ton of money. It still sucked though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I saw CM last night. It was fine, not great, but not awful. I think the character has some potential to be interesting, I thought Brie Larson did a good job.

My guess is whatever preconceived notions you had about the movie going in will determine how you feel about it. The people that didn't like it going in won't like it, and those that were super excited for it will enjoy it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Reportedly $153 mil. opening weekend, that's a really solid number. If there were attempts at any point by trolls/haters to derail this movie, it didn't seem to work.

Reaction Score
Reportedly $153 mil. opening weekend, that's a really solid number. If there were attempts at any point by trolls/haters to derail this movie, it didn't seem to work.

It still has to show that it has legs. A movie like this is going to have people against it that don't go, and people for it that go out in force. Is it going to get repeat business? Will the average moviegoer decide that they need to go see it? Remember, Marvel wants this character to be the face of their franchise moving forward so it has to be really big, big enough to convince people that they will be fine with her taking over Endgame and fine with her running things moving forward. I will be really shocked if that happens, especially with so many reviews not really saying much for the character or her performance. To me she is like the Ryan Tannehill of super heroes and Ryan Tannehill just isn't going to carry a franchise. Only time is going to tell if this is the case of course, so it is all just speculation right now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I keep hearing about 2 versions of Endgame, one w/ a more prominent role for Captain Marvel and one less prominent. They don't have a whole lot of time to decide which way they are going.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing about 2 versions of Endgame, one w/ a more prominent role for Captain Marvel and one less prominent. They don't have a whole lot of time to decide which way they are going.

It's an interesting dynamic and the kind of stuff that fascinates me. It's been reported that Marvel had two scripts for Civil War, one including Spiderman and one without. It gave them the chance to be ready if the Sony deal went through in time, which it did. Marvel has been on point so far, but I do have the feeling this will be a tough call for them. However, there is zero doubt in my mind that a Captain Marvel dominated Endgame will drive the fan base over the edge. They just should have got her into the MCU sooner, or waited until the next phase and it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Reaction Score
I just laugh at people who decide whether to go to a movie based on rotten tomatoes ratings if the movie hasn't been released yet. I've rarely agreed with movie "reviewers" - so I pretty much go to movies I want to go to and don't go to the ones I don't want to. If a movie has been out for 3 weeks and all the buzz is negative or positive it might sway me, but generally I just see what interests me.

Reaction Score
I saw CM last night. It was fine, not great, but not awful. I think the character has some potential to be interesting, I thought Brie Larson did a good job.

My guess is whatever preconceived notions you had about the movie going in will determine how you feel about it. The people that didn't like it going in won't like it, and those that were super excited for it will enjoy it.
I saw it this weekend. It was fine. My wife loved it.

It had the problems of any contemporary comic movie that has to tell an origin story, and also has to do some work introducing a space war, and also has to work to connect into the MCU when it takes place 10 years before the first film in the current timeline.

The ending was a bit much, but not surprising given that it was a film about a hero realizing her powers. Any sequels would presumably match her against a more equal foe.

Reaction Score
Seems the movie is still doing just fine.

'Captain Marvel' Tops $760 Million Worldwide as Newcomers Overperform - Box Office Mojo

I haven't seen it yet, definitely won't until it's out on blu-ray. I'm curious if @traitor71 or @Deadrody have yet.

I still think this has all been overblown. Spin control has commenced tho:

Kevin Feige Assures Captain Marvel Will Have an Achilles' Heel - IGN

I have not, and am not planning to. It's been almost 20 years since there was a version of Carol Danvers that I actually liked, and when you throw in the handling of the Skrulls and the fact that you don't need to see this movie as a lead in to Endgame, it's an easy decision for me. My kids weren't remotely interested either, so I didn't even have to succumb to that pressure. Saving those Marvel bucks for Endgame.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
CM over $300 million domestic box office now. Knocked out of #1 for the weekend take by the new horror movie directed by Jordan Peele (does anyone else think it's strange that's the genre he's working in now?).

Reaction Score
CM over $300 million domestic box office now. Knocked out of #1 for the weekend take by the new horror movie directed by Jordan Peele (does anyone else think it's strange that's the genre he's working in now?).

Unsurprising. Looks like a great movie.

Reaction Score
This video has a completely misleading title, but if you look past that and watch it, I think it does a pretty good job covering these "controversies", and explaining why Disney seemingly owning everything is not a good thing moving forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom