Rothstein on the AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rothstein on the AAC

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Real question. Were we in the national conversation in 2014?

Yeah, we were. We weren't all over the radar as a national title contender, but we were a top 25 team, our only MAJOR blems were the Louisville games, and Shabazz was a top player in the country.

How they molded and how more unknown guys (nationally) stepped up was a surprise, but we weren't like this or even like 2011 preseason.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nobody thought SMU was going to go 17-1 this year after losing Nic Moore, Markus Kennedy, and Larry Brown. At a certain point, the team that has won the conference title two of the last three years (and if we're being honest, they likely would have won it again in 2016 if they were eligible) and compiled a 45-9 record deserves the benefit of the doubt. They still bring back a lot.

You may be right. But I think Semi was the guy who made them go the last two seasons. So my prediction is that they will take a step back. I see WSU and Cinci as the top two then UConn, SMU, UCF, Temple and Houston all being good but with question marks. SMU is the least likely to fall far from that group however.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the year Lousiville was still in it and the dregs (they know who they are) weren't.
No it was not. It also an ignorant statement to say it was treated fairly only one year, but the year it got the shaft was actually the year Lville was in it.

Reaction Score
You may be right. But I think Semi was the guy who made them go the last two seasons. So my prediction is that they will take a step back. I see WSU and Cinci as the top two then UConn, SMU, UCF, Temple and Houston all being good but with question marks. SMU is the least likely to fall far from that group however.
Semi only played one year for SMU.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We were in the top 25 on selection Sunday too. No one expected a 7 seed at all.

That was because of the historic BET.
I think we were a bubble team at the end of the regular season.

Reaction Score
That was because of the historic BET.
I think we were a bubble team at the end of the regular season.

?? Are you referring to 2011? BET?

Because that team was ranked top 20 before the conference tournament. They were ranked top 10 after the conference tournament, and according to most brackets, the 4th most likely team to win it all.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
?? Are you referring to 2011? BET?

Because that team was ranked top 20 before the conference tournament. They were ranked top 10 after the conference tournament, and according to most brackets, the 4th most likely team to win it all.

My bad. Senior moment

Reaction Score
We're not going to let a team from South Dakota win the conference.
Congratulations you won
AZ's Post of the year in the
In the guest poster category

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky