Rothstein on the AAC | The Boneyard

Rothstein on the AAC

Reaction Score
Even if the guy is a bit of a tool, I respect the time he puts in. I can't think of many guys who could give you this level of analysis on a mid-major conference.

Anyway, some bulletin board material for Adams and co. here:

American Conference Offseason Power Rankings

1. Wichita State
2. Cincinnati
3. UCF
4. SMU
5. UConn
6. Temple
7. Houston
8. Tulsa
9. Memphis
10. Tulane
11. East Carolina
12. South Florida

American Conference Preseason Player of the Year: Landry Shamet, Wichita State

American Conference Preseason First Team

Shake Milton, SMU
Landry Shamet, Wichita State
B.J. Taylor, UCF
Jacob Evans, Cincinnati
Gary Clark, Cincinnati

Rothstein Files | AAC Offseason Notebook

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Wichita State comes in and wins the league in their first year, we are in more trouble that we realized.

Reaction Score
5th means no march.
Please...if AAC has 5 strong teams and we hold our own & have some good non-conf wins maybe 5th is good enough or we could win the conf...wtf knows.

Reaction Score
If Wichita State comes in and wins the league in their first year, we are in more trouble that we realized.
What??? It would be shocking if the Shockers don't win the league. I see Cincy as their only competition.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
No Jalen on the preseason first team is bogus. Really hope we finish higher than 5th.

Just gotta prove 'em wrong.

This was my first impression as well.

Leaving Jalen off the all-conference team is a clear shot at him/UConn by Rothstein.

Did he forget Jalen got 1st team last year... and you mean to tell me this kid isn't going to get better in his 2nd year running the team with some actual talent around him now? Joke.

Can't argue with the 5th place finish since that's starting to become par for the course... we've underachieved in conference play regular season since 2010.

Reaction Score
This was my first impression as well.

Leaving Jalen off the all-conference team is a clear shot at him/UConn by Rothstein.

Did he forget Jalen got 1st team last year... and you mean to tell me this kid isn't going to get better in his 2nd year running the team with some actual talent around him now? Joke.

Can't argue with the 5th place finish since that's starting to become par for the course... we've underachieved in conference play regular season since 2010.
People nationally don't regard Jalen the same way this board does. Givonny on draftexpress doesn't even have him getting drafted next year. This is not a slight on Jalen, he simply has a lot more to prove.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Given how we played last year, this might be a gift from him. Bar UCF, I wouldn't be surprised if we finished behind the other three.

Reaction Score
No Jalen on the preseason first team is bogus. Really hope we finish higher than 5th.

Just gotta prove 'em wrong.

To be fair, I don't think Jalen deserved to be on the 1st team last year. Clark wasn't named on either team, IIRC, and was definitely more deserving. But yea, I do expect him to be 1st team this year, and deservedly so.

Reaction Score
Wichita St might be a preseason top 5 team, definitely top 10. They'd be favored to win one or two "power" conferences, let alone the AAC.
I am not buying stock in Wichita State. In my opinion they won't get to the 2nd weekend of the tourney. Top 3 finish in the AAC makes sense though.

Also give me Jalen over Shamet and I have been bearish on JA performance up to this point in his career. Someone drop a dime to JA in The-ATL...H-Town ASAP! :)

I think our ceiling 3rd place. That would get us a bid. Unfortunately the potential downside is also there depending on several factors. So we could drop as low as 6th. All this assuming we stay healthy. Jmho

And I understand KenPom loves WSU.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Rothstein is wrong. Somehow we are going to be pretty good.

Is this Rothstein related to Arnold, the guy who masterminded the 1919 Black Sox scandal when they threw the World Series? ;)

Reaction Score
It's a pretty fair analysis by Rothstein given how we have performed last several years.

Putting BJ Taylor first team and not Jalen is a direct snub at Jalen and he as well as the whole team should take this stuff personally.

PS: Landry Shamet is a good player and deserving of the recognition. Go watch how he played against Kentucky in the NCAAs. Jalen now has both Shake and Landry as 2 high level NBA level point guards to go against and elevate his game.

C

Chief00

Holiday week going excellent so far - making significant progress.

Reaction Score
I love the rocket scientists like you know that already know before the season starts how many AAC make the tourney.....if 5 AAC teams are worthy then 5 will get in, if 4 are worthy then 4 will get in...I would say right now the AAC could have 5 potential tourney teams but who knows & who cares right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom