Rothstein on Sanogo | The Boneyard

Rothstein on Sanogo

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just a month ago, an actual coach said, “It’s going to take him some time to just pick things up, but long term he’s going to be a guy that fans and people around this program are going to talk about for a long time.”

If the moles are correct, there must be some good learning curving going on. Even better since I though we lost our bigs coach just before the season.

Reaction Score
I keep saying I feel like people are forgetting we landed him in the midst of the big east return, bouknight, cole, etc... This guy was HIGHLY rated and will be a handful down low for just about anyone. VERY excited to see him go to work.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have the stats on EYBL rebounding last year? He led the circuit in rebounding per game by a comical number.

Reaction Score
How many different players have these experts said will start? Rothstein alone has named like 8 different players lol.

His eybl stats were WAY better than some much higher ranked 2021s. Because he's on the smaller side for his position anjd he's more of a traditional post player. But 6'9 is plenty big enough for college and hopefully keeps him around for a couple years

Reaction Score
Who are these moles, and why can't they provide us with weekly recruiting updates?
d2qpomz-af349b4c-6b18-415b-9b14-e3998936f8f0.jpg

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
His eybl stats were WAY better than some much higher ranked 2021s. Because he's on the smaller side for his position anjd he's more of a traditional post player. But 6'9 is plenty big enough for college and hopefully keeps him around for a couple years

Sanogo also has more skill than many are giving him credit for. He’s showed special flashes of dynamic talent and if reports are to be believed he’s improving fast. Versatile small ball center power/agility/skill, who can clearly rebound the hell out of the ball, is a first round commodity. 2 great years sounds beautiful.

Bouknight impact? Plus another freshman touted for a similar rise in Andre Jackson?

Time will tell. We know they’re getting pushed in practice. Tyrese Josh and Isaiah want to play(everyone else too).

Reaction Score
Sanogo also has more skill than many are giving him credit for. He’s showed special flashes of dynamic talent and if reports are to be believed he’s improving fast. Versatile small ball center power/agility/skill, who can clearly rebound the hell out of the ball, is a first round commodity. 2 great years sounds beautiful.

Bouknight impact? Plus another freshman touted for a similar rise in Andre Jackson?

Time will tell. We know they’re getting pushed in practice. Tyrese Josh and Isaiah want to play(everyone else too).
AS could end up being the UConn version of Draymond Green in our Small Ball Lineups..

Last edited:

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Springs also #6 on OR%. I think Sanogo comes of the bench to start the year, but plays almost the same amount of minutes as the starter. Ultimately he will be our starting center before the season is over.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I doubt he starts. We'll ease him in like James.

I think the main reason is that we have a senior (two actually) playing the same position, one who evidently busted his butt to get in better shape. I think Sanogo may end up playing the most minutes, and may start if he out performs Josh. But I expect DH to go with the experienced guy out of the gate. I think Whaley starts at the 4.

Reaction Score
Seems like 2, 4, 5 are set with Bouknight, Polley, Whaley. Seems like it's gonna come down to Cole/Gaffney at the 1 and Jackson/Martin at the 3. The thing with moving Whaley or Sanogo to the 4 is it really clogs the paint which limits a lot of what we all expect Jackson and Bouknight to do when they're in

Reaction Score
Seems like 2, 4, 5 are set with Bouknight, Polley, Whaley. Seems like it's gonna come down to Cole/Gaffney at the 1 and Jackson/Martin at the 3. The thing with moving Whaley or Sanogo to the 4 is it really clogs the paint which limits a lot of what we all expect Jackson and Bouknight to do when they're in
Would be willing to bet you a Blaze pizza that the opening night lineup will be different than the closing night lineup.. Too much new talent on roster to think otherwise..

Reaction Score
Would be willing to bet you a Blaze pizza that the opening night lineup will be different than the closing night lineup.. Too much new talent on roster to think otherwise..
Not exactly going out on a limb there. There's gonna be multiple starting lineups throughout the year, but can't predict who's gonna be injured or out because of Covid to guess a lineup for the middle of the season or the last game

Reaction Score
Preseason lineup predictions are highly speculative.. DH was quoted earlier this week as saying the 2020 roster has at least 8 starters on it based on early practices..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom