Rothstein: It’s time for AAC and A-10 to create own early-season challenge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rothstein: It’s time for AAC and A-10 to create own early-season challenge

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is like finding natives on a stranded island.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It's hard to schedule OOC games with all the media covfefe these days.

Reaction Score
Meh. Would be a decent OOC game but I doubt the suggested UConn-Dayton game, or any of the others he proposed, would generate a lot of buzz nor garner any significant TV coverage. It would also further the AAC's image as a mid-major conference.
I'm in agreement with BB, the A10 is a horrific conference. We definitely do NOT want to partner up with them ever! Sorry brother but NO!!!

Reaction Score
Time for you to find another school in another conference. Don't waste your time here anymore.
I'm with you brotato chip, this dufus has got to go! The A10 better? Good Lord, I know that you never went beyond JV ha! Losah goway!

Reaction Score
It's block heads like you that destroy things. Aresco is not the problem. But fans like you are.
Sorry to offend you Mr Aresco
But making Ad Hominem attacks on actual UConn fans should be beneath you.
A quick summary of ur failure.
Your sole focus on football ignored the massive amount in your treasury acquired through BB success. Back to back NC in ur first two years ignored the obvious.
Five years in and the practical destruction of UConn,Temple ,and Memphis assured and the prospects of being a two team tourney team you decide to add WSU
Too little too late
I could have done a better job on the BB side than you. Than I love the sport your a TV guy.
If your not Mr Aersco
Go away Troll

Reaction Score
The benefit to UConn here wouldn't be in improving their schedule but improving their opponent's schedules. Though obviously the Big East would be better in that regards.

Reaction Score
This conference always has and always will be a kid-major conference.

The A10 happens to be a better mid-major conference than this one. Playing Dayton isn't as sexy as the blue bloods or OBE rivals, but it's a quality win in the eyes of the committee, which should count for something.

Gotta disagree with this, maybe at one time this was true but right now the AAC is clearly a peg ahead, IMO. Just look at the coaching situation - VCU has lost two coaches within the last two years, Miller just left Dayton, and Hurley is probably on the move next once Mathews and Terrell graduate (I would like to be wrong). One of the benefits of a lot of the AAC guys like Dawkins, Sampson, and Haith being retreads is that it's less likely they're poached, and among the three most prominent coaches in the conference - Ollie, Cronin, and Marshall - there seems to exist a fair amount of stability where at the very least it's going to take a lot to pry them away.

The A-10 had, I think, three tournament teams last year. Dayton lost virtually everybody, Rhode Island lost most of their front court, and VCU also lost a lot.

Meanwhile Wichita State and Cincinnati both look like top 25 teams and Houston, UConn, Temple, SMU, and UCF all have decent shots at the tournament.

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe this is where we are at this point. Schedule URI, Providence and maybe UMass and dump some of the cupcakes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess Rothstein didn't get the memo about Am6rican P6wer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom