Rotation Going Forward | The Boneyard

Rotation Going Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Loved the shortened rotation Ollie broke out against Texas. Now that conference play is here we need to start to get into a groove.

Adams
Purvis
Calhoun
Hamilton
Brimah
Gibbs
Enoch
Miller
*Facey

should be the rotation IMO, choose the lineup however you like. Nolan really doesn't bring much. Facey gets a * as he should be used in a 5-8 minute stretch if we really need another big. Let the core develop and get ready for Feb/March

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You feel better about Enoch than Facey?

Why is Brimah in your rotation?

Reaction Score
Loved the shortened rotation Ollie broke out against Texas. Now that conference play is here we need to start to get into a groove.

Adams
Purvis
Calhoun
Hamilton
Brimah
Gibbs
Enoch
*Facey

should be the rotation IMO, choose the lineup however you like. Nolan really doesn't bring much. Facey gets a * as he should be used in a 5-8 minute stretch if we really need another big. Let the core develop and get ready for Feb/March

I don't understand all the hate for Phil. The kid only gives 100% all the time when he is out there. Like it or not Phil is a leader on this team and needs to play some. Omar should be the one to get the 5 minute stretch to get a heat check but other than that he should be sitting. His defense is atrocious

Drew

Reaction Score
You feel better about Enoch than Facey?

Why is Brimah in your rotation?

not that I necessarily feel better about Enoch at this exact moment but I think once he knows his place on the court he can/will provide more for us than Facey. Brimah will be back and then will be a part of the rotation

Drew

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the hate for Phil. The kid only gives 100% all the time when he is out there. Like it or not Phil is a leader on this team and needs to play some. Omar should be the one to get the 5 minute stretch to get a heat check but other than that he should be sitting. His defense is atrocious

Phil brings nothing offensively and while he does take the occasional charge/provide solid D at times his minutes would be better allocated elsewhere

Reaction Score
not that I necessarily feel better about Enoch at this exact moment but I think once he knows his place on the court he can/will provide more for us than Facey. Brimah will be back and then will be a part of the rotation

You said this rotation was for "going forward." As in, starting with Tulane. Brimah is going to miss more than 10 games.

Perhaps he can get his own asterisk or other symbol.

Reaction Score
Phil brings nothing offensively and while he does take the occasional charge/provide solid D at times his minutes would be better allocated elsewhere
I don't know what you are talking about. Especially with Brimah being out of the lineup we do not have any rim protection so Phil taking the charges is one way to "protect the paint" as soft as it sounds.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is a need to "shorten the rotation" as some have said. We are legit 8-10 deep. I just think the players at the end of the rotation should get fewer minutes than they have. Entering conference play I think KO will limit the minutes of the non-key reserves like Cassell. But with Brimah hurt we will need the fouls and rebounds off the bench that Facey, Nolan, Enoch and Calhoun can give us so I would guess they will still get some minutes. Especially Facey. Enoch should get more run in conference games against bad teams.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Glad to see Cassell isn't playing 10+ anymore. He is just not effective against non-cupcakes.

Reaction Score
Enoch can't give us more than Facey right now but whenever the opportunity presents and we have the leeway I'd like to see what Enoch can give and get him as much floor time as possible. No matter what Kentan scores we have to have his rebounding and this being his 3rd year he knows how to play, but if I hear an announcer talking about Phil playing on the national championship team again......

Reaction Score
Omar has been one of the better perimeter defenders in my opinion. Better than Dham and Gibbs for sure. And lets not forget he dropped 14 on perfect shooting 2 games in a row recently.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
To me Facey was relatively impressive in the Texas game. Our whole front court was getting pushed around and out-muscled all game. With that said, Facey gives great effort on the glass. I don't think effort can be on the bench. That goes for Phil as well. We need these two to step up with Brimah out. I'm not sure if it was the better opponent or just the team jelling a bit but IMO the defense looked the best it has all year in terms of intensity and rotation. It may be partially due to Brimah's injury since we don't have that shot blocker waiting in the paint. With that said I agree we need to get Enoch as many minutes as possible to develop him. The way I see it as of today we have Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, Miller, Adams, Nolan, Calhoun, Enoch. But who knows... Trust in KO - Great win against Texas

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Well this OP is basically garbage since you forgot about Miller entirely before having to be corrected and you're saying Facey should only get 5-8 mins to let the core develop... Facey is the core... he started last game and was arguably our best player.

Have you watched any games this year? Think you may want to stick to the football board. At least you're living up to your avatar slogan: "Its a post, about nothing!"

Reaction Score
Facey started against Texas and played very well. I see him starting as long as he continues to play well. A starting lineup of Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Facey is pretty good.

Reaction Score
OP what is your nonsense about KF not being in the main rotation. He has played very well the last few games and is our best rebounder. There is no scenario in the coming weeks were he doesn't play significant minutes for us. Our lineup should be C-KF, PF-SM, PG-SG, SF-DHAM, SG-RP. The bench should be JA, SE and OC with PN only when needed. Hopefully KO will have more confidence with SE as the season goes on. PN is what he is at this point while SE is just a freshman and can improve a lot if given the time. It will be interesting who the first big will be in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Sorry but any rotation without some Kentan isn't correct. He has at least proven he deserves more then 3-5 minutes he rec'd in some games. Probably a lot more despite his weaknesses.
Spot on. No matter the year the one constant is that a new guy who is planted on the bench will offer more than the veteran who is a proven commodity, albeit inconsistent but proven. Enoch might be good in time but don't know why everyone assumes he is the answer. At times he was so out of position against cupcakes I can't imagine what he would do against experienced teams.

The backup QB theory is alive and well on here. The guy on the bench has to be better than the kid starting....just has to be.

Reaction Score
I'm sure SCjr and the walkons give 100% also. Phil has been pretty brutal this year. Does anyone know his +/- . This isn't personal it's about putting our best team out there. Maybe I'm hating but I question Phil's offseason training. He's not slow or uncoordinated yet he has not really improved in his 4 years here. And you're wrong on Omar. Earlier this season I had little confidence in OC but he has played his way into the rotation, unlike Phil who I feel has gone the other way.

Reaction Score
As long as Brimah is out, Phil will probably get 5-10 min a game depending on foul trouble. I'd hope that Enoch gets some spot minutes against some of the weaker AAC teams to get him some experience (UCF would be a good one to get him ready for against their giant meatball). However, if the small ball lineup of gibbs/adams/purvis/hamilton/miller starts playing better it will be hard to justify minutes for nolan and enoch (especially when brimah is back). Facey is just a better fit at this point, and he is a much better rebounder, which we need playing small ball

Reaction Score
I have always respected everything brought to the team and program as it's always been off the scoresheet stuff. But this year I have to say he's been pretty much imno1 said above, but brutal is a good word. As I've stated in many other Phil related posts I believe the kids feet are worst than they are allowing us, he missed a lot last year and was slowed by foot problems all year. Then he reinsured it early this year and his minutes have gone away, making me believe the staff knows his limitations now and only use him for his mental abilities for a couple minute stretches. He's not the same player and I doubt we know the full story.

Reaction Score
Without Brimah - Mostly a small lineup with our best playmakers

Gibbs - 30 mpg
Adams - 30 mpg
Purvis - 33 mpg
Calhoun - 15 mpg
Hamilton - 35 mpg
Miller - 32 mpg
Facey - 20 mpg
Enoch - 5 mpg

With Brimah - A more "traditional" looking lineup, less wear on the key cogs

Gibbs - 28 mpg
Adams - 28 mpg
Purvis - 32 mpg
Calhoun - 10 mpg
Hamilton - 32 mpg
Miller - 30 mpg
Facey - 10 mpg
Enoch - 5 mpg
Brimah - 25 mpg

Nolan's advantages in spacing, defensive awareness, and screen-setting are entirely wiped out by the fact that he just can't make a play (gives up offensive rebounds, fumbles passes around the rim), leading to many momentum-killing sequences.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Give Enoch the * instead of Facey.

Yeah, I want 20 minutes a game out of Facey. 5-10 for Enoch. Zero for Nolan (sorry buddy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom