Roster NBA Player Comparison Thread | The Boneyard

Roster NBA Player Comparison Thread

Reaction Score
I've been playing a lot of 2K lately and decided to create a team that's made up of this year's UConn roster. I'm going to import an NBA player's DNA into each player. Heights might be off by an inch or 2, and obviously the NBA player is 10x better than the UConn player will ever be (minus potentially Bouknight). These are simply players I feel have similar games.

Let me know where I went wrong here:

RJ COLE – MIKE CONLEY
JALEN GAFFNEY – GEORGE HILL
JAMES BOUKNIGHT – ZACK LAVINE
BRENDAN ADAMS – KENTAVIOUS CALDWELL-POPE
TYRESE MARTIN – JUSTICE WINSLOW
TYLER POLLEY – MICHAEL PORTER JR
AKOK AKOK – CHRISTIAN WOOD
ISAIAH WHALEY – JOHN COLLINS
JOSH CARLTON – MASON PLUMLEE
ADAMA SANOGO – MONTREZL HARRELL
RICHIE SPRINGS – BOBBY PORTIS
JAVONTE BROWN – JAVALE MCGEE
ANDRE JACKSON – JOSH GREEN

Reaction Score
Cole = patty mills
Bouknight = small Paul George?
Jackson = Corey brewer

Reaction Score
Great thread and good job with your comparisons.

For Sanogo, how about Bismack Biyombo?

Whaley is the hardest for me to picture a close comparison.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bouknight to Zach Levine is the easiest comp of all time. Even kinda looks like him facially.

Reaction Score
I've been playing a lot of 2K lately and decided to create a team that's made up of this year's UConn roster. I'm going to import an NBA player's DNA into each player. Heights might be off by an inch or 2, and obviously the NBA player is 10x better than the UConn player will ever be (minus potentially Bouknight). These are simply players I feel have similar games.

Let me know where I went wrong here:

RJ COLE – MIKE CONLEY
JALEN GAFFNEY – GEORGE HILL
JAMES BOUKNIGHT – ZACK LAVINE
BRENDAN ADAMS – KENTAVIOUS CALDWELL-POPE
TYRESE MARTIN – JUSTICE WINSLOW
TYLER POLLEY – MICHAEL PORTER JR
AKOK AKOK – CHRISTIAN WOOD
ISAIAH WHALEY – JOHN COLLINS
JOSH CARLTON – MASON PLUMLEE
ADAMA SANOGO – MONTREZL HARRELL
RICHIE SPRINGS – BOBBY PORTIS
JAVONTE BROWN – JAVALE MCGEE
ANDRE JACKSON – JOSH GREEN

I’ve been trying to think about who Bouknight reminds me of. Maybe Dejountay Murray from the Spurs.

Reaction Score
The Tyler Polley one is the least accurate I think. Porter can create something other than spot up shooting. More of a Svi Mykhailiuk

Reaction Score
The Tyler Polley one is the least accurate I think. Porter can create something other than spot up shooting. More of a Svi Mykhailiuk
Maybe Polley's style is like Steve Novak's who played for the Knicks for a while and for another team before that, but Novak had some head fakes and could do a step back.

Novak wasn't much of a ball handler either.

Maybe he was not 10x better, but still was good enough to make the NBA and stay there for a few years.

Reaction Score
Great thread and good job with your comparisons.

For Sanogo, how about Bismack Biyombo?

Whaley is the hardest for me to picture a close comparison.
Whaley? Maybe Cornbread Maxwell for the Celtics. Lots of scrap when on the court. I haven't searched his stats and this is just an "off the type of my head," thing.

Reaction Score
Bouknight to Zach Levine is the easiest comp of all time. Even kinda looks like him facially.
i kinda see it with the inconsistencies. no way bouk is as athletic as levine.

i say afflalo

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I like the Whaley to Dennis Rodman comparison. I wasn't the first one to say this though.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Polley was a hard one to figure out. Andre Jackon too.

Reaction Score
AJ is the poor mans winslow comp. winslow had his breakout playing point forward with the heat before he got hurt
I'd still say Jackson is far more athletic than Winslow. Hard to compare him to anyone in the NBA, especially at his height.

Reaction Score
I'd still say Jackson is far more athletic than Winslow. Hard to compare him to anyone in the NBA, especially at his height.
justice lead duke to a chip his freshman year as an undersized PF and he's also ~6'8. if you had to chalk it up to one attribute it was his athleticism.

to say AJ doesnt even compare to NBA players in terms of athleticism is nutso at this point. if he was as superhumanly athletic as everyone wished than he'd have been averaging more than 8mpg on this team...he woulda been crushing it out the gates like tyrus thomas did at LSU. his entire game was based on being athletic and nothing else. he was so athletic he turned it into a lotto pick yet still couldnt cut it in the nba. AJ was not on track to do those things...just sayin

Last edited:
Reaction Score
justice lead duke to a chip his freshman year as an undersized PF and he's also 6'8 or thereabouts. and it wasnt due to his outside shooting...if you had to chalk it up to one attribute it was his athleticism.

to say AJ doesnt even compare to NBA players in terms of athleticism is illogical. if he was as superhumanly athletic as everyone wished than he'd have been averaging more than 8mpg on this team...just sayin
Andre Jackson is more athletic than Justise Winslow.

Winslow is 6'4.5 barefoot and was actually a pretty great shooter at Duke. He also had some help from Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Quinn Cook etc.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If you're giving everyone on the team annba comp I'd like to go better than Lavine for Bouk. I'm having trouble coming up with some one though.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is more athletic than Justise Winslow.

Winslow is 6'4.5 barefoot and was actually a pretty great shooter at Duke. He also had some help from Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Quinn Cook etc.
i dont see winslow listed under 6'6 anywhere but if winslow was a 6'6 freshman PF then that's even more impressive.

the fact that winslow was playing with multiple pros helps my point. he was a starter and arguably the best player from day 1 on a champ team, which is a far cry from AJs role on UConn's roster. the only healthy player he had to beat out for minutes was martin, and it's not because hurley doesnt play freshman either. look at bouk and akok last year even before all the injuries.

but above it all, i was saying that if AJ, right now, really was as athletic as anyone in the nba, than he shouldve been averaging more than 8 mpg on a borderline tourney team based on his superhuman athleticism alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i dont see winslow listed under 6'6 anywhere and i don't see AJ listed over 6'6 anywhere. but if winslow was a 6'6 freshman PF then that's even more impressive.

the fact that winslow was playing with multiple pros helps my point. he was a starter and arguably the best player from day 1 on a champ team, which is a far cry from AJs role on UConn's roster. the only healthy player he had to beat out for minutes was martin, and it's not because hurley doesnt play freshman either. look at bouk and akok last year even before all the injuries.

but all that is besides the point. i was saying that if AJ, right now, really was as athletic as anyone in the nba, than he shouldve been averaging more than 8 mpg on a borderline tourney team based on his superhuman athleticism alone.
Reread your post, it doesn't make sense.

They measure players height at the NBA draft combine, Winslow was 6'4.5. He shot 42% from three at Duke.

Andre is a work in progress as a player and has had injuries since he got to UConn hurting his early development, as a pure athlete he stacks up with the top athletes in the NBA.

Reaction Score
They measure players height at the NBA draft combine, Winslow was 6'4.5. He shot 42% from three at Duke.

Andre is a work in progress as a player and has had injuries since he got to UConn hurting his early development, as a pure athlete he stacks up with the top athletes in the NBA.
what doesnt make sense? it doesnt make sense that everyone has anointed AJ like this based on high school dunk videos. right now he stacks up a lot more favorably to kwintin williams than justice winslow. if justice excelled as an undersized PF on a loaded team then how can you say AJ is the better athlete as a frosh than justice was? what is it based on?

edit- i'm hoping he does turn into some kinda penny hardaway-scottie pippin hybrid but i cant buy it after 30 minutes total played.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom