Roster Chart - Mid June 2018 update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster Chart - Mid June 2018 update

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Coyle is an athletic freak - we have had 3 of them recently in Obi and Byron. He is in that category. Much like Obi- he has to learn and will be better as a soph than a freshman and next year will be better as a junior and then I predict he will declare.

Fortt came in as a true freshman and did well. He will be improved. Herring was competitive before he got hurt- he will be bigger and stronger and a little bit more experienced.
We will also be better just by not having to play 10 yards off a receiver. Our LB's will be faster but not experienced. We will blitz more and more effectively. In the end, the D will be more competitive. Not yet lockdown, but we will have a chance unlike last year. Bottom line, a year away defensively, but we will be better against the pass. If we give up 24 points a game average, we will have a shot at a great year.

Reaction Score
I think things are going to turn around quickly. Defense is all about being aggressive. All it takes is a few guys to lead that charge and a few more to follow. Also the pace of the offense will be more situational. Fast when clicking, slowed down based on score and opponents. Lastly, the offense is going to be really good. It will be improved in every facet. Look for Rose to make a big impact this year. They will score a lot a eat lots of clock. A winning record is very achievable and it is going to be fun to kick some can. Can't wait.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm most interested in seeing how effective and how utilized Tyler Davis is at WR. This kid "bleeds blue" and never complained (or transferred) when his dream of playing QB didn't pan out for him. I'd love for him to have a great year.

Reaction Score
I've updated my roster tracker. I've assumed Donaldson is on scholarship beginning this fall.

I don't plan to drop the 2017 senior class/transfer list until December when it can be replaced with the 2018 graduating/departing players. I figure some of us might find it like to have it up for a quick reference during the course of this fall when we try to remember who did what last year.

Thanks for all your time and effort in providing us with a roster tracker. I have two questions:
1. What criteria did you base your decision on placing Washington over Bisack as QB2?

2. With the new rule change do you see Krajewski getting in four games?

Reaction Score
I assume you mean ex-hurricane. And my take is most likely.
No question he’ll start . I look at him like the last line of Marines holding of throngs of panicked Vietnamese at the US embassy as Saigon fell ... the thin line between a semblance of functional order and total collapse and mayhem.

I hope we get some suprises on D, but on paper we are hurtin big time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thanks for all your time and effort in providing us with a roster tracker. I have two questions:
1. What criteria did you base your decision on placing Washington over Bisack as QB2?
Edsall said somewhere this late spring that Washington is the most talented of the rest. That said as of today it’s probably Bisack, but I am projecting a bit that by August 30th it’s Washington.

With the new rule change I think everyone that is not hurt and demonstrates they are ready to play mentally and physically will get some snaps. However, if this team is in a bunch of close games these “freshman four” snaps may not be available as need to focus on winning vs player development. Very difficult to project Krajewski at the moment as a freshman given it’s the QB position. If I had to guess he doesn’t see the field this year. Happy to be wrong because it means he is much further along the curve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The defensive backs were awful last year. I hope Forte and Terry have taken big steps forward over the off season because honestly neither one could cover a rock with a hockey of paint. And they were among our better dbacks.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I actually think the defensive backs will be better and that other positions will improve throughout the year and can surprise us by seasons end

Reaction Score
I actually think the defensive backs will be better and that other positions will improve throughout the year and can surprise us by seasons end

I dunno - Swann and Brayden Brown ate up a lot of playing time last year and they're gone. Have to hope Fortt and Coyle take a giant leap forward.

Reaction Score
You don’t want us to guess, though. I’m hoping it’s not a QB. I’m guessing it is someone who he was counting on or he wouldn’t have tweeted the quote.
You are right. I have my suspicions based on what I read here, but let’s not guess. I’m wondering if anyone has some real info that can be divulged.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are right. I have my suspicions based on what I read here, but let’s not guess. I’m wondering if anyone has some real info that can be divulged.
There is recent history of smoke correctly indicating fire here with his tweets..... so, time will tell.

Reaction Score
Too bad Chief is so busy chiefin’ on basketball. Probably doesn’t have time to advise Edsall right now so we won’t know til UConn anounces

Reaction Score
Medic, would you happen to have a list of the PWO’s for 2018 or direct me to where I can find it?
Thanks in Advacnce!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Medic, would you happen to have a list of the PWO’s for 2018 or direct me to where I can find it?
Thanks in Advacnce!
Hornet, my spreadsheet in the link above has been continuously updated this spring/summer. The full roster with PWOs and regular WOs is in the depth chart tab. At this point the UConn football website is not showing Kranich - a reported PWO on the roster just yet. Michael Freeman is another reported WO, but not yet on the website either.

PWO list
LS 1 Brian Keating (soph-pwo)(Diaco)
LB 1 Anthony Repollet (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
LB 1 Justin Bryant (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
OL 1 Brendan Casey (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
LB 1 Lavarey Banton (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
K 1 Noah Iden (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
K 1 Clay Harris (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
WR/DB 1 Cameron Kranich (fr-pwo)(Edsall)

Reaction Score
Hornet, my spreadsheet in the link above has been continuously updated this spring/summer. The full roster with PWOs and regular WOs is in the depth chart tab. At this point the UConn football website is not showing Kranich - a reported PWO on the roster just yet. Michael Freeman is another reported WO, but not yet on the website either.

PWO list
LS 1 Brian Keating (soph-pwo)(Diaco)
LB 1 Anthony Repollet (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
LB 1 Justin Bryant (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
OL 1 Brendan Casey (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
LB 1 Lavarey Banton (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
K 1 Noah Iden (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
K 1 Clay Harris (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
WR/DB 1 Cameron Kranich (fr-pwo)(Edsall)
Appreciate it very much
Thanks.
I think I might have looked at it wrong because I did scroll over to the PWO field and didn’t see anything.
Thanks again Exit

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okay, so I moved Brouse to OL.

C

Chief00

Although it’s too early to make projections on paper, the defense will be all about the ability of select true freshman to perform. A strong start by guys like Travis Jones, Pierce DeVaughn up front is a must. A guy like Keyshawn Paul needs to come in a play with a physicality we used to see from Uconn corners. A guy like Morrison needs to show his athleticism out of the gate at safety and someone like Webb or K Jones will have deliver some play making ability at LB.

The optimist’s view on D:
-freshman DL + Fines + C. Thomas surprise us
-revamped LB corp actually plays faster (we did not look fast last year)
-corners play improves because it really couldn’t get worse (rewatch a game from last year- it really couldn’t get worse). I think some of the true freshman might surprise.
-coyle and fortt seem to have a lead to hold the safety positions - all the reps over the past 6 months will have to result in better play.

I know all the reasons to doubt this D. For this morning I thought I would attempt an opposite point of view.

It all starts up front. Really curious about how quickly Jones will help the DL. Jones and Thomas could be a start of something much needed.

Reaction Score
Looks like PWO Michael Freeman is now on the roster (#89)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom