Roster Chart - mid Jan 2018 update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Roster Chart - mid Jan 2018 update

Reaction Score
If we have 4 true freshman in the defensive line rotation then we are in for a long season.
I doubt we have 4 in the rotation but I won't be surprised if Jones is the starting NT Midway through the season

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I doubt we have 4 in the rotation but I won't be surprised if Jones is the starting NT Midway through the season
Honestly, my guess is from day 1. "Eclipse" Jones certainly blocks a lot of sun. Exactly what is needed in a 3-3-5 front line. Murphy can move to DE.

Reaction Score
Honestly, my guess is from day 1. "Eclipse" Jones certainly blocks a lot of sun. Exactly what is needed in a 3-3-5 front line. Murphy can move to DE.
If he gets on the nutrition and weight training program early I do think he can start day 1. He needs to lose a little weight before he'll be able to keep up with the pace of play in the AAC

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Murphy is too slow for Defensive end. He is one of the people that will benefit from the our weight training coach and new system.

I see lots of upside on all the defensive backs but Marshe Terry. They are all young and will get stronger physically and mentally. They will also know the scheme better. Terry to me is too slow and doesn't read well as a safety. That is a lethal combo. That being said, if the d backfield can tackle guys in space- that will improve the defense by 150% right there.

If they don't have to give 10 yard cushions - now your really talking.

Reaction Score
The more I think about, I think Edsall looked at the roster and decided not to fill the scholarship grid with more freshman. Why? According to the roster spreadsheet, there are only 8 seniors, so if everyone stays after the season, there would have been only 8 scholarship slots for next year's class. Obviously, things will change as some kids will transfer and some redshirt juniors will graduate and the number will be higher than 8. So, I think you will see the remaining scholarships filled out with grad transfers and some walk-ons so you have more slots for next year's class. That said, if a terrific non-grad transfer or terrific 4 year talent was available, you would probably take them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom