Roster: 2023-2024 | The Boneyard

Roster: 2023-2024

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Roster.gif

Reaction Score
In place of the graduate students, the Huskies will have three incoming freshmen (point guard KK Arnold, guard Ashlynn Shade and forward Qadence Samuels), a half-season ahead freshman in Jana El Alfy, a healthy redshirt sophomore in Ice Brady, and a healthy Paige Bueckers.

Reaction Score
The pundits are all asking if she'll be as good. Everyone saw how she came back from the fracture in the 22 season. Watch the NCSt game from 22.
In reality, Paige wasn't near her best in that game. She simply summoned the will and tapped into her greatness. I believe she will be better than she was her freshman season. If there was anything fortunate about her injury, the time it occurred has allowed her to properly heal and get stronger before the demands of a full season come into play.

It may take time for her to regain her sharpness, but I expect her to have a lights out shooting season. She won't have to carry the load like her freshman year, but I expect there will be times like the NC St game, the SC game her frosh year, where we see the NPOY in peak form.

Reaction Score
Player-Coach P will be better than ever. Picture it: Geno will have a coach on the court and a floor general, and a couple of snipers, a few gazelles to sprint the breaks, a Swiss Army knife, a few roadrunners, and the ultimate big girl racking up double doubles, and 4 deep in the low post.

Reaction Score
Isn't Paige a senior?
And Ice is a Sophomore.
Academically, yes. Athletically, no. And this applies to both players who are granted another year due to injuries suffered this past season. Also, Ms. Bueckers could add her “covid” year, if she wants to.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
They both Redshirted last year since they were injured before the season and out for the year.
I understand that, but that would make Paige a Redshirt Junior, not a Junior.
Ice would be a redshirt Freshman, not a Freshman.
There is a difference.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Do the freshmen have numbers yet?
They might. But I haven't seen anything yet. Could be interesting.

Arnold has worn #1, which hasn't been available at UCONN. Maybe Geno changes his mind?? Maybe she takes #11?? Maybe she takes #3 like DT did??

Shade should be ok. She's worn #12, which is available.

Samuels has worn #10. Which Muhl has now. So not sure what she's gonna do.

Reaction Score

I’m thinking he already knows this and is tryin to get some bigs

Reaction Score
So it's true Caroline grew an inch! I don't think so. I think the Huskies just got a better tape measure.
I've seen her listed at both heights for a while now. The one I wonder about is Amari. We list her as 6'5", but she looks like 6'6" to me. I remember seeing a high school tweet in which she replied to an aunt asking how tall she was "now" and she replied, "a solid 6'5"." Whatever height she may really be, she has long arms like Stewie and can play taller. Jana also seems to have really long Stewie arms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom