Roscoe | The Boneyard

Roscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At the AIC game last week, I couldn't help but smile when I saw Roscoe in warmups for the first time this season. What he brings to the team is something that about 300 other teams would love to have... defense, rebounding and toughness mixed in with some offense. Roscoe is a building block for a championship squad and we are very fortunate to have both him and DD on the roster.

Reaction Score
Agreed, very important player because of the things you mentioned. Also, every now and then he will hit a couple of threes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's no coincidence that UConn wins championships with players like RS and KFree.

Reaction Score
on a winning team, you always need someone to do the dirty work.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. You forgot to add one thing: his personality. I love Roscoe. He seems like a great kid. Always joking around with his teamates and keeping the mood loose, yet he plays hard come gametime. Hes in a tough spot this year and Im kind of nervous to see how it turns out. On the one hand, I love Daniels and am so pumped at how good he looks. On the other hand, I love Roscoe and expect big things from him this year. They are completely different players, and both bring various strengths to the team. As you said Roscoe is a true building block, I just dont want to see him lose confidence if Daniels keeps playing well and outscoring him. He didnt look too confident in the exhibition games. Hopefully they can both play together for 5 or 10 min a game (Roscoe at the 4, Daniels the 3, and AO or AD switchin up at the 5). Id hate to have to see them battle it out for minutes and hopefully its not a zero sum game. I guess in the end its not a bad problem to have: 2 athletic 6'8 guys that can both jump, defend, rebound, and shoot!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
IMO there will be plenty of times when AD gets into foul trouble and they play RS at the 4 with AO at the 5. Even when that doesn't happen, DD and RS will likely split minutes at the 3. RS will get his minutes.

Reaction Score
Its a good problem to have. Can Boatright get eligible already now?

Reaction Score
Plenty of minutes for Roscoe and DD, they have different skills. Roscoe is a warrior, I thougjt he was our best defender at the end of the year, he also looked good doing it with the black eye.

Reaction Score
The one thing we have that other schools don't is the master tactician himself, Jim Calhoun. JC will have his game plan in place with all of his talented assets before him. As games wax and wane, he’ll change up accordingly. This year we have more depth at each position to tinker with.

We saw this in a microcosm with Kemba and Bazz last year. I found myself talking to the TV wondering when Calhoun would put Bazz in to get Kemba off the ball. Sure enough Napier would enter at the right time and Kemba would go off…literally.

This year we have to ability to go big and methodical or small and fast, and probably a mix of the in between.

When the Boat gets anchored, the Giffer gets healed and the Pharmacy reopens…oh, are we are in for a fun season.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. You forgot to add one thing: his personality. I love Roscoe. He seems like a great kid. Always joking around with his teamates and keeping the mood loose, yet he plays hard come gametime. Hes in a tough spot this year and Im kind of nervous to see how it turns out. On the one hand, I love Daniels and am so pumped at how good he looks. On the other hand, I love Roscoe and expect big things from him this year. They are completely different players, and both bring various strengths to the team. As you said Roscoe is a true building block, I just dont want to see him lose confidence if Daniels keeps playing well and outscoring him. He didnt look too confident in the exhibition games. Hopefully they can both play together for 5 or 10 min a game (Roscoe at the 4, Daniels the 3, and AO or AD switchin up at the 5). Id hate to have to see them battle it out for minutes and hopefully its not a zero sum game. I guess in the end its not a bad problem to have: 2 athletic 6'8 guys that can both jump, defend, rebound, and shoot!

There will be times no doubt, in which DD and Roscoe play together for JC in a smaller but faster lineup. Bazz, Jeremy, DD, Roscoe and either Alex or Andre (maybe EW) at times could be a nightmare matchup and in all reality still fairly big!!

Reaction Score
noone brings energy like roscoe

I think Olander brings more energy... kids goes nuts, on the court and cheering off the court. Understandably so for the hometown kid, what a dream to play for your state's team and win the NC in the first year. And now we got Drummond!

Reaction Score
I think the person that stands to lose the most PT is Giffey IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member