Roscoe Smith! Who knew? | The Boneyard

Roscoe Smith! Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Roscoe could have been going to the Sweet Sixteen and possibly his 2nd National Championship ring but is now is playing the slots in Vegas. Wonder how he's feeling about his decision to leave? A key player for UNLV he averaged 11 pts and 11 rpg. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51456/roscoe-smith Would have been a big help but at who's expense? As a result of Smith and Oriakhi http://www.nba.com/dleague/erie/bayhawks_add_alex_oriakhi_2013_12_19.html , leaving, Nolan and Giffey got more minutes, which no doubt aided their development. Smith's departure forced Giffey to be a better overall player and rebounder. Roscoe coulda been playing for UCONN and Kevin Ollie Friday night but you know what they say about woulda, coulda, shoulda. Sorry for the regression, time to move on with the ones who brought us to the dance!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Roscoe can twiddle his Championship Ring on his finger anytime he wants to.

He was always be able to say "Look at this bitch!", 95+% of college players can't do that today.

Reaction Score
Maybe he wouldn't have……..who knows how it works out - maybe Giff's not the 3 point shooting machine with less minutes, maybe Kromah never comes, maybe Deandre never matures……..things work out for the best and we are going to the Sweet 16 without Roscoe, as it should be!

Reaction Score
Roscoe can twiddle his Championship Ring on his finger anytime he wants to.

He was always be able to say "Look at this bitch!", 95+% of college players can't do that today.
Sure but the question is would he rather be going for a second in the Garden?

Reaction Score
Maybe he wouldn't have……..who knows how it works out - maybe Giff's not the 3 point shooting machine with less minutes, maybe Kromah never comes, maybe Deandre never matures……..things work out for the best and we are going to the Sweet 16 without Roscoe, as it should be!
Exactly

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Stupid post

The program has gone through many challenges over the past two years. Post season ban, bad press, Implosion of the Big East, new conference, Calhoun retiring, Ollie being hired and the departures of Oriahki and Smith. Rebounding has been a major concern all year with Shabazz being the leading rebounder on the team. Smith's 11 rebounds per might have been helpful.

Yes we are indeed in the Sweet 16 and all the struggles listed above make the experience all the more sweeter. This program is built to last through trials and tribulations. I give all the credit to Jim Calhoun and his vision. Without him, Kevin Ollie is not leading the troops and we are not in the Sweet 16.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Swing and a miss, CC.

I am prone to dismissing players who leave the program for whatever reasons. Roscoe was a sad loss for me. Loved the kid. But he left and UConn has remained UConn and hopefully he is happy with his decision. But to sling in his direction so long after he left is just dopey. I can't even do it anymore. He is doing what Runnin Rebels do in MArch. The rest of us are enjoying what the Huskies do in MArch.

Reaction Score
Swing and a miss, CC.

I am prone to dismissing players who leave the program for whatever reasons. Roscoe was a sad loss for me. Loved the kid. But he left and UConn has remained UConn and hopefully he is happy with his decision. But to sling in his direction so long after he left is just dopey. I can't even do it anymore. He is doing what Runnin Rebels do in MArch. The rest of us are enjoying what the Huskies do in MArch.

Shut up Dove!

Reaction Score
Theres got to be a new expression, because some posters have gone beyond beating the proverbial dead horse. Smith has suited up in blue for two season, let it go.

Reaction Score
Swing and a miss, CC.

Wait a minute...Looks like your're the one slinging . I just posed the question due to Roscoe leaving. No reason to get nasty about it. The freaking point is for one reason or another, alot of people, including Roscoe Smith and Alex Oriakhi lost faith in the UCONN program. A few players named Napier, Giffey, Boatright and Daniels did not! If they followed RS and AO we would not be playing Iowa State Friday night!

Reaction Score
My ex gf ended up marrying some . They had a kid and he ended up being a .

Didn't make me feel good. I wish scoe well and say thanks for the time he gave us.

Reaction Score
Threads I hate:
Roscoe threads
AO Threads
Omar threads
Conference realignment threads
Bad mojo threads

Subject to change but for now this is my list.

Kidding….run this one off……50 miles or so while making calls with each hand and 2 different smart phones……then come back and disregard the Roscoe thread

Reaction Score
I agree we don't need anymore Roscoe threads.

I agree everyone has their own opinion on Roscoe.

I disagree anyone is a if they do not like Roscoe for leaving.

I'm fine with those who like Roscoe still and thank him!

I could care less about Roscoe or tho thread any more!

Reaction Score
I wish Roscoe hadn't left but hey...you move on just as this group has. Him staying wouldn't have fixed anything last year and I'm happy with where this group is right now so I wouldn't change a thing.

Reaction Score
People make decisions in their personal lives for many reasons. The decision of a 19 year old is his to own. Only he knows if it was the right or wrong one. Who knows why he left but all you can do is wish the kid good luck and move on. No need for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom