Roscoe Smith on Spurs Summer League | The Boneyard

Roscoe Smith on Spurs Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love Roscoe but he has no chance of making the Spurs.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize he played in the D League last year. He has no shot at making it to the NBA, but keep up the dream.

Reaction Score
He was playing the 4 at Uconn when he thought he should be playing the 3 so he transferred only to be playing the 4 at UNLV. He's 6'8 but 200 pounds, not easy to play the 4 when ur that skinny and he isnt a good enough shooter to play the 3.

Reaction Score
He was playing the 4 at Uconn when he thought he should be playing the 3 so he transferred only to be playing the 4 at UNLV. He's 6'8 but 200 pounds, not easy to play the 4 when ur that skinny and he isnt a good enough shooter to play the 3.

He's much bigger than 200lbs now, not sure what they're listing him at but his body these days is like night and day compared to his UConn days.

Reaction Score
This gives me an idea for a thread crazy enough to be interesting during the offseason...

If you could combine 2 uconn players who didn't stick in the league so that the new player was good enough, who would they be?

Even though he's had minor success on the league I'd put adrien and roscoe together. Basically if you could make adrien a legit 6'8 and give him roscoe added athleticism and slightly better handle you'd have an intriguing talent

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This gives me an idea for a thread crazy enough to be interesting during the offseason...

If you could combine 2 uconn players who didn't stick in the league so that the new player was good enough, who would they be?

Even though he's had minor success on the league I'd put adrien and roscoe together. Basically if you could make adrien a legit 6'8 and give him roscoe added athleticism and slightly better handle you'd have an intriguing talent
Rashad Anderson plus anyone that couldn't shoot. Roscoe Smith works.

Reaction Score

Then you would have Dennis Rodman.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think he can beat out Aldridge and West for the starting spot.

Reaction Score
He's much bigger than 200lbs now, not sure what they're listing him at but his body these days is like night and day compared to his UConn days.

I've seen anywhere from 205 to 215 depending on the source

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Will always love Roscoe and his attitude during our 2011 run. His transfer hurt the most. Wish nothing but the best for him.
Agreed. Always remember him down the stretch going up for boards with that black eye; playing
fearlessly the PF though quite thin against some of the best in the NCAA tournament. He was
also a lockdown defender whose length and footwork shutdown the opponents best scorer in many
games in his last year. Wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Any thread on Roscoe Smith needs to include this highlight.....I mean lowlight. Still cracks me up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
El Amin and some height, maybe Sticks.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
huskiesNhoos said:

Adriens head in Hiltons body.

Reaction Score
Correction: Rosco was on the Spurs Rocky Mountain Review Roster but did not make their actual summer league roster that competed and won in Vegas.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thabeet and Marcus Williams. A 7'3 man with that kind of passing ability would look funny

Reaction Score

Don't think it's his build that is keeping him from playing the four in the league, it's that he's essentially a black hole on offense. If a guy like Adrien, who is more skilled than Roscoe and more muscular, can't play in the NBA, then Roscoe has zero shot. He just never developed his shooting and playmaking abilities enough to grab anyone's attention. Defensively, though, he was spectacular for us and I certainly don't think it's that end that is keeping him from the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom