Root like hell for TCU? | The Boneyard

Root like hell for TCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Everything I've read seems to indicate they are going to get bypassed due to the lack of a title game.

I never though big 12 would expand unless this exact scenario came up.

I truly believe if Ohio state gets the nod, Cinci and UCF are gone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't see the Big 12's problem being the lack of a title game. Their resumes are just behind other teams. It could have just as easily turned out they got two teams because there was no CCG.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that the best thing that can happen for us is for Ohio St to win it all (I'm cringing at the though of Urban Meyer winning another title). If the B1G can again claim that their football is an equal to anyone's, it will be of less importance for us to have a high level football program to be considered an expansion candidate for that conference.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Fair point. Maybe analysts are just throwing out the title game argument as a straw man.

If they do expand, there's gotta be a way we can offer some sort of junior membersip for UConn be it financially and offering to play Texas and Oklahoma in New York. Something. Anything.

Reaction Score
How do the sage's on the committee justify dropping #3 to #5 based on yesterday? It would basically be an admission they didn't have a clue putting them there in the first place. The only team that almost lost was ranked behind them all week. Unfortunately for them it's the undefeated National Champs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh. See ya Cinci I guess. The hits just don't stop.

Reaction Score
Ugh. See ya Cinci I guess. The hits just don't stop.
I think they have to get burned more than once to cut into their profits. It broke perfectly wrong for the Big 12, the reigning national champs survived scare after scare but remained undefeated with a QB who has yet to lose a college game. You couldn't exclude them, yet they were probably the least deserving. Ohio State put a damn exclamation point on their season with third string QB last night against a top 13 team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the problem #1:

This is basically something that can happen to the Big 12 on a yearly basis. TCU lost on a last second field goal on the road against a top 5 team and they're excluded. Baylor has one loss - they get excluded, too. (If Texas or OU shows up with either resume, they're in the playoffs without a peep.) They needed a championship game.

Here's the problem #2:

I bet the NCAA caves and lets them hold one with ten teams.

Reaction Score
Here's the problem #1:

This is basically something that can happen to the Big 12 on a yearly basis. TCU lost on a last second field goal on the road against a top 5 team and they're excluded. Baylor has one loss - they get excluded, too. (If Texas or OU shows up with either resume, they're in the playoffs without a peep.) They needed a championship game.

Here's the problem #2:

I bet the NCAA caves and lets them hold one with ten teams.
I don't know, if the the remaining P5 is going to go for it, but then again they lose no skin if the game if they allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom