Room Or Interest In Mac for 2021? | The Boneyard

Room Or Interest In Mac for 2021?

Reaction Score
With AS/Javonte Brown Ferguson/RS on roster..Is Mac still in play??

Reaction Score
No players allowed to transfer in conference.
Etienne not McClung. that's also a stupid rule since other conferences allow it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I follow this stuff pretty closely and I think we are OUT on Mac
can you elaborate just a bit when you make these pronunciations? i'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

if true, i'm happier with sanogo in 2020 and clingan in 2022 anyways

sonogo/brown/springs in 2020, mac in 2021, clingan in 2022... we didnt even carry that many centers on the roster in the mid 2000s

Last edited:
Reaction Score
^ not true he was on the ticket list but it was said something came up last minute.

Reaction Score
That’s the feeling I got, love to have him, but not like before. Especially if we are in good with Clingan.

Reaction Score
He could still reclassify, so there’s no way to answer this yet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
^ not true he was on the ticket list but it was said something came up last minute.
I deleted the post so the rumor doesnt continue to spread.

Reaction Score
How so? Top 60 talent with a game that fits the system, by all accounts a good kid- seems ok to me.

Where's the playing time in '21 or '22? I'm not that poster, but seems a better fit would be using the scholarship elsewhere instead of a 3rd player at the position that requires the least positional versatility from a roster perspective (and a top 60 guy isn't going to want to redshirt). Unless we think Sanogo is a 1 or 2 and done.

I get staying active with him in case a center slot opens up, but he'll likely commit somewhere within the next few months to a year and the only thing we might know is if Sanogo is on the very early track to be a 1 or 2 and done. With big bodied non-shooting centers being devalued in the NBA and his height it seems unlikely for Sanogo. Kofi averaged 14 and 9 on a 110 ORTG as a freshman and isn't even getting sniffed by the league (draft people didn't have him in their top 100 prospects when he initially declared).

I don't know if Javonte Brown Ferguson or Sanogo can play the 4, but it seems they're both too big (in different ways). Could Etienne? That could help with the fit. But even then we'll likely still have Akok and Springs for '21, which puts Mac 4th or 5th on the bigs depth chart depending who he can beat out as a freshman, before considering smaller lineups. Seems the scholarship would be better used on a smaller player. But that all being said, if we were in the best position with him vs. our other options being someone considerably worse, I'd take him before you could say Souleymane Wane.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You absolutely take this kid if he wants to come. We should have a minimum of 4 scholarships, and we’re losing 2 bigs. In 2021-22, we should have Sanogo, Akok, Springs, and Brown-Ferguson as bigs, but I think you ideally would like to have 5-6 bigs on your 13 man roster. He’d have to fight for minutes, but if you can sell him on the fact that that fight will only make him better, then he would be the perfect big for the 4 man class. Other 3 spots should go to a PG, a shooter, and a combo forward type.

Reaction Score
Even if we could get him, dont think he would fit with what we are building

How so? I think he’s a great fit.
Where's the playing time in '21 or '22? I'm not that poster, but seems a better fit would be using the scholarship elsewhere instead of a 3rd player at the position that requires the least positional versatility from a roster perspective (and a top 60 guy isn't going to want to redshirt). Unless we think Sanogo is a 1 or 2 and done.

I get staying active with him in case a center slot opens up, but he'll likely commit somewhere within the next few months to a year and the only thing we might know is if Sanogo is on the very early track to be a 1 or 2 and done. With big bodied non-shooting centers being devalued in the NBA and his height it seems unlikely for Sanogo. Kofi averaged 14 and 9 on a 110 ORTG as a freshman and isn't even getting sniffed by the league (draft people didn't have him in their top 100 prospects when he initially declared).

I don't know if Javonte Brown Ferguson or Sanogo can play the 4, but it seems they're both too big (in different ways). Could Etienne? That could help with the fit. But even then we'll likely still have Akok and Springs for '21, which puts Mac 4th or 5th on the bigs depth chart depending who he can beat out as a freshman, before considering smaller lineups. Seems the scholarship would be better used on a smaller player. But that all being said, if we were in the best position with him vs. our other options being someone considerably worse, I'd take him before you could say Souleymane Wane.

I wasn’t really asking about the logistics of it. The original comment (“Even if we could get him, dont think he would fit with what we are building”) seems like a criticism of him personally.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even if we could get him, dont think he would fit with what we are building

Cause I saw this statement referenced a few time. To clarify, so you mean he doesn’t fit roster construction wise (players at his position) or personality/ability wise fit? If you’re saying he would be too many bigs, I can see that. Scheme wise though, his ability to hedge/defend, he seems like a “Hurley guy” imo.

Reaction Score
We need as many good players we can collect so crazy to think they'd like to measure who they get and when because it's too unpredictable. But would like to make sure there's room for a Clingan from in state to stay home and rep. If there's a plethora of bigs on the roster does he shy away? I mean the staff has to figure that out and I trust in them so keep winning recruiting battles, that's all we can ask.

C

Chief00

Maybe Chief will change his mind, young guns can change in a season. There are other players who excite me more, from a sense of what I think they will contribute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom