Roll call -- Stanford game | The Boneyard

Roll call -- Stanford game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who all is going to the Stanford game? My wonderful, amazing boyfriend got me a trip to San Francisco AND tickets to the game for Christmas. Section 12. Anyone else going?

He sounds like a keeper... ;)

Reaction Score
Who all is going to the Stanford game? My wonderful, amazing boyfriend got me a trip to San Francisco AND tickets to the game for Christmas. Section 12. Anyone else going?
Yes I will be there with my wife, we are driving up from SoCal. Our seats are in Section 8 (weirdly appropriate, I admit!!) which I believe is behind one basket. I will be looking for Husky fans to say hi to, I hope we have a chance to meet!!!! I need to dig out my official Boneyard pin to wear to this game!

Reaction Score
Yes I will be there with my wife, we are driving up from SoCal. Our seats are in Section 8 (weirdly appropriate, I admit!!) which I believe is behind one basket. I will be looking for Husky fans to say hi to, I hope we have a chance to meet!!!! I need to dig out my official Boneyard pin to wear to this game!

Section 8 is on the baseline corner opposite of Stanford bench and basket. Here's a helpful link to parking and other info. Send me a PM if anyone has questions for direction, restaurants, etc. Good luck. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

http://www.gostanford.com/facilities/stan-maples.html

Reaction Score
Section 8 is on the baseline corner opposite of Stanford bench and basket. Here's a helpful link to parking and other info. Send me a PM if anyone has questions for direction, restaurants, etc. Good luck. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

Thank you, cardfan, I believe you did the same for my last trip and its much appreciated! I know I have mentioned this before, but Stanford fans have to be some of the friendliest and most classy rivals we Huskies have! Decked out in full Husky gear, I got nothing but smiles and good vibes last visit. Even with my big mouth, nobody told me to shut up or gave me "stink eye". Considering how heated things get on the court, I find the lack of venom in the stands very refreshing, and very different from many other fan bases!!! I'd like to think these fans would find it likewise in Storrs or Hartford!

Reaction Score
I'll be there at Section 14...I assume it will be easy to recognize me due to the Blue :)

Reaction Score
Thank you, cardfan, I believe you did the same for my last trip and its much appreciated! I know I have mentioned this before, but Stanford fans have to be some of the friendliest and most classy rivals we Huskies have! Decked out in full Husky gear, I got nothing but smiles and good vibes last visit. Even with my big mouth, nobody told me to shut up or gave me "stink eye". Considering how heated things get on the court, I find the lack of venom in the stands very refreshing, and very different from many other fan bases!!! I'd like to think these fans would find it likewise in Storrs or Hartford!

Thanks very much! I'm biased, but I agree the Stanford fans are pretty nice. Many of the fans has been following the team since the early 90's, therefore, have a good understanding of the game and program. Many times they will applaud the effort or amazing play by an opposing team. During one of the Sr. day celebration/post game chat with players and parents, one of the Stanford players said they didn't understand why we applauded other teams, but said was a kind of cool.

See you there!

Reaction Score
I won't make it this year, but 2014-15? Oh yeah, I will be there! I will get two treats for the price of one - Watching UConn vs Stanford, and visiting my son.

Reaction Score
Also note, it looks like we will get more rain this Saturday, so park south on campus drive (free/no permit) and walk to Maples vs. parking in the field on campus drive (north of Maples) as it will be a mess!!

sTu

Reaction Score
Hope you folks all have a magical, wonderful time. While I will not be feeling chipper if UConn loses, it is but a step. Hopefully, each team will make the final four and what they learn from this matchup lead one to a championship. My ticket to the final four has been punched, let these two magnificent programs that do it the "right" way do the sport proud.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, there's even a book out about the fans—Boosters Always Win! by Harriet Benson. I have an autographed copy sitting on my desk.

(Isn't this a challenge? How on earth can there be a published book on Stanford fans but not on UConn fans?)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
(Isn't this a challenge? How on earth can there be a published book on Stanford fans but not on UConn fans?)
Probably has to do with that "better education" thingy.

Reaction Score
Yes, there's even a book out about the fans—Boosters Always Win! by Harriet Benson. I have an autographed copy sitting on my desk.

You are the right person for this challenge!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

UConn-connected authors and fans are too busy attending National Championship parades to write books about fans who are busy attending National Championship parades.

Reaction Score

Harriet is a friend and great fan! She interviewed me for the book regarding the ODU loss in Cincy. :( I'm in there somewhere, don't which page.

Btw, our Fast Break Club has a great web site too. Do you guys have one?

http://www.stanfordfbc.org/

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Agreed. A masterpiece by Phil, chock full of facts, figures, and fotos. :)

I nominate TonyC and Doggy Daddy to do a collaborative effort, charts and graphs of stats by Phil, forward by HuskyNan, graphics by Biff, and JS as the copy editor.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Harriet is a friend and great fan! She interviewed me for the book regarding the ODU loss in Cincy. :( I'm in there somewhere, don't which page.
Btw, our Fast Break Club has a great web site too. Do you guys have one?

http://www.stanfordfbc.org/

Oh man, that section was very difficult to read. (not poorly written, just the opposite, very emotional.)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Hey Cardfan...I don't know if you can fix this, but this is what they are saying here: LINK

#34, 5'11" senior guard
Kelly Faris
has started every game as the Huskies point guard since her freshman year. She's always had an excellent assist/turnover ratio — 4.7 this season (#1 in the nation, as of 12/16) and 1.99 for her career to-date. She also averages 9.4 points. 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game.

I didn't know Kelly started every game since her freshman year (as a PG, no less!) :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Here's a helpful link to parking and other info.

That's a nifty and informative link. I especially enjoyed reading how they spent 20 million bucks to upgrade Maples to include "restroom facilities with speaker systems" and replacement of wooden bleachers with padded seats in the arena.

Makes me wish that Gampel would provide restroom facilities with padded seats and speaker systems, since the bleacher seats seem irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
Oh man, that section was very difficult to read. (not poorly written, just the opposite, very emotional.)

agreed. That was the toughest loss in our program history, by far. Mechelle Voepel told me it was one of the most emotional locker rooms she'd be in post game after a loss. Jamila Wideman crying her mom's arms was tough to see, very close to where I was sitting.

Reaction Score
That's a nifty and informative link. I especially enjoyed reading how they spent 20 million bucks to upgrade Maples to include "restroom facilities with speaker systems" and replacement of wooden bleachers with padded seats in the arena.

Makes me wish that Gampel would provide restroom facilities with padded seats and speaker systems, since the bleacher seats seem irreplaceable.

I wish they would heat the upper/outside part where the concessions and restrooms are located,. They have space heaters way up in the ceiling which either are not on or don't work. The seats are not very comfortable (lower floor instead of bleachers), they are drilled together, so when one person moves, the entire row of chairs move. My row moves a lot! hah

Reaction Score
Hey Cardfan...I don't know if you can fix this, but this is what they are saying here: LINK

#34, 5'11" senior guard
Kelly Faris

has started every game as the Huskies point guard since her freshman year. She's always had an excellent assist/turnover ratio — 4.7 this season (#1 in the nation, as of 12/16) and 1.99 for her career to-date. She also averages 9.4 points. 3.5 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game.

I didn't know Kelly started every game since her freshman year (as a PG, no less!) :)

I can't fix it, but can send an email note to the person who can. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom