Roll Call @Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roll Call @Providence

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who's going to the game next week at Providence? Trying to figure out the best sections to get tickets.
Oh crap, I need to try to get tickets. Looked online and the prices are ridiculous.

I used to go to every game @ PC. The Dunk is about 25 minutes from me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thinking about going with my dad up to this. Anyone have any recs for places to eat around the area, or even the east end of CT?
As @August_West said, you won't have a hard time finding good food. Federal Hill has lots of spots. Look on Atwells Avenue. Just don't eat at Union Station Brewery. I used to, because there is a surface lot next to it that is more convenient than the garage. If your dad is a beer drinker and you get there early (it's a late 8:30 game) Long Live Beerworks is excellent. No food though.

Reaction Score
Oh crap, I need to try to get tickets. Looked online and the prices are ridiculous.

I used to go to every game @ PC. The Dunk is about 25 minutes from me.

Yeah the prices are steep, they have some for $75 each through Providence website which is not cheap but. Maybe they'll come down on stubhub or something closer to game time?

Reaction Score
Just bought tickets. Rather pay the $5 service fee Providence is charging through their website than the $22 for each ticket that Stubhub is selling. Figured I'd just buy them now instead of gambling that they come down cheap enough on stubhub and there arent many seats left. Hoping we bounce back and survive in another tough environment.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There is no Best section. You embed yourself with UConn gear into best seats available. You can get 2 seats in Sec 5 baseline 2 rows off court for 150 each now. Do it. Courtside in UConn gear is the only way to fly in an opposing arena. Its emasculating.

Maybe Ill raffle a couple off here.
Inigo-Montoya.jpg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s gonna be a zoo. Their student section is one of the best in the country.
No student section apparently since they are not in school. I bought tickets in, what normally is, the student section.

Reaction Score
There is no Best section. You embed yourself with UConn gear into best seats available. You can get 2 seats in Sec 5 baseline 2 rows off court for 150 each now. Do it. Courtside in UConn gear is the only way to fly in an opposing arena. Its emasculating.

Maybe Ill raffle a couple off here.
Bitcoin coming back up?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Reading thread on the PC board. Some are not happy that UConn fans will be sitting in the student sections next week.
Funny post I saw on there:

“If Andre Jackson was John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln would’ve survived.”

Reaction Score
Got 2 in 224, there were a few in the $50-$70 range on StubHub but that's without the $20 a ticket fee.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Eat in Providence. Great city for food!

Love a bunch there.

Al Forno and Bacaro are both great. Hemenway's if you want to go seafood route
try mare's. the short rib dish. r u even allowed to eat meat anymore?
i saw ur hurt football guy comments.
inside or outside. it's a rooftop joint and family related to the shell and bones gang.

and why is hall and oats such a big deal in rhody?
no facts, just opinion but i'll swear in a court of law that i believe it to be true, so much so that i annoy my pals whenever going there or driving thru by first saying it when the 'welcome to rhody' sign appears.
in the past half dozen or so years, it has happened more than a few times when on the ground there, or on their airwaves, an h&o magically shows up. new pal riding me hard last summer after a bunch of trips there with none until a late season trip to squammy, when we walked by a group on the beach blasting what sounded like their greatest hits.
i think i told him 'ur out of touch.' or i should have. lol.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and considering the thing PC got going with taylor, pretty dang cool if u ask me, mebbe h and o were singing this aboot her?

don't really like them much, except for 'maneater.' i know too many of them. new year res - 'less acquaintances with maneater girls.' they can eat u up. not good. next thing you know, u've spent the money that u were saving up to eat short rib at mare. on topic.

i really want a fur coat. didn't get one this year at the fried potato fest, just some hokey chocolate coins. lame.

Reaction Score
that's wild, there is a while row of them. Why are those only $50 but everything else is at least $75+ a section up?
Think they just dropped them in because they were being held for students. Thats the typical student section but only the locals are around

Reaction Score
apparently their leaky arena is going to be freezing cold tonight, just an FYI for those attending:

i am hoping we don't end up with an 1+ hour delay and/or a bunch of water on the court. this is pretty shameful stuff.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Any parking recommendations? First time at The Dunk. Trying to avoid garages. Willing to walk a fair distance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom