OT: - ROKU help | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: ROKU help

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Couldn't find it on Apple either....I think that's older than my Roku..lol Looks like it's time for a technology upgrade across the board. Maybe I need a new TV too!
If you are going for a new TV, let me recommend LG OLED. When my Pioneer plasma died in the spring, I was shattered. I had yet to see a picture as good as that old plasma set. However, I had no choice. Doing my research, I landed on OLED as the tech and LG as the provider. This new 65" OLED set has a better picture than my old Pioneer plasma - and that's saying a lot. I was only mildly impressed at first - the picture was just okay. Then I changed all the settings per the suggestions of Consumer Reports settings for my exact set. It made a huge difference. I was going to buy another one for the bedroom, but the exact model isn't available right now and I don't have an urgent need – so I'll probably wait until summer or fall. Now I wait and hope the people who claimed about reliability are the exceptions. We'll see.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So you can watch Peacock shows on Peacock or NBC?
I only downloaded the NBC app a couple of years ago because I was looking for the final season of A Good Place. I just took a look and it's basically just NBC network shows on demand now. It has a menu item that takes you to a Peacock preview, but it's not Peacock.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you're looking to put Roku on an older TV, try getting a Roku soundbar. Worked fine for me with a 10 year old Sony. And the sound was much better.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Speaking of Peacock, what is the point of it? I guess I'm glad it is free, but what does it have? I guess the Premier League matches have some value. I have resisted getting CBS All Access because 99% of the content is just CBS shows.

Reaction Score
If you're looking to put Roku on an older TV, try getting a Roku soundbar. Worked fine for me with a 10 year old Sony. And the sound was much better.
thx...already have the sonos soundbar

Reaction Score
Speaking of Peacock, what is the point of it? I guess I'm glad it is free, but what does it have? I guess the Premier League matches have some value. I have resisted getting CBS All Access because 99% of the content is just CBS shows.
It's got shows the Mrs wants to watch and I'm getting the "are you an idiot" stare for not being able to pop Peacock into the Roku acct after 2 days of trying various things...Now at least I can tell her it's not me...we need a new roku AND a new tv!!

Reaction Score
Interesting. took them forever to get HBO Max on.
It wasn’t just Roku - couldn’t get on HBO Max on fire stick either about 9 months ago. That’s gotta be 90% of what people stream with between the two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom