OT: - ROKU help | The Boneyard

OT: ROKU help

Reaction Score
hi. need some help. Mrs Husky wants to watch Peacock app on Roku...but I can’t seem to load it. Head bang

ive searched for it using the roku search option but all i get r 2 peacock screensavers. Lol. I went to my online roku account and installed peacock there...still nothing On the roku stick. I‘ve rebooted the roku but still nothing. what am I doing wrong?

Reaction Score
There is a website for Roku that may be of assistance. There is an option for asking the Community too.

Reaction Score
There is a website for Roku that may be of assistance. There is an option for asking the Community too.

Thx. My roku is too old. Weird that it works with everything else

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had a problem with my Roku one time and called their customer service line and they were very helpful! Would recommend that

Reaction Score
hi. need some help. Mrs Husky wants to watch Peacock app on Roku...but I can’t seem to load it. Head bang

ive searched for it using the roku search option but all i get r 2 peacock screensavers. Lol. I went to my online roku account and installed peacock there...still nothing On the roku stick. I‘ve rebooted the roku but still nothing. what am I doing wrong?
I know when I switched to Hulu Live from cable they said the older Roku wouldn't work with it - wasn't a problem since I needed to purchase a roku anyway so could be for 30 bucks you get a new roku.

Reaction Score
I had to buy a new Roku stick. Old one doesn’t Work for Apple TV+ . Maybe that’s your problem. I had gotten an email telling me the old one would need to be upgraded so I bought one. The new one is 100x better.

Reaction Score
Maye one option would be to check in the settings and update the device software/firmware. Usually only takes a minute or two, it may have been disconnected from your WiFi for a time and it hasn't updated itself in a while.

Reaction Score
Maye one option would be to check in the settings and update the device software/firmware. Usually only takes a minute or two, it may have been disconnected from your WiFi for a time and it hasn't updated itself in a while.
Thx. But I checked on the roku forum as suggested by Improviser and the model of my roku doesn’t support peacock. Didn’t realize until now that certain apps need a certain minimum model #. New roku it is

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As an Xfinity customer you should be able to get flex service, which is built in X1 for apps like Netflix and Peacock. Policy may have changed but Peacock might be included for internet customers. Have you looked into this?

It is. I signed up yesterday. Searched for Premier League soccer and discovered Peacock is included with Xfinity cable TV. No app, watch via the cable box.

Reaction Score
I downloaded the ROKU app on my phone, and dumped the remote. It should pair with your stick.

Reaction Score
It is. I signed up yesterday. Searched for Premier League soccer and discovered Peacock is included with Xfinity cable TV. No app, watch via the cable box.
Right, through the X1 but I think the poster cut the cord so he doesn’t have that option unless he gets an Xfinity Flex box (cable box but phrased differently to make cord cutters think it’s not cable tv).

Reaction Score
As an Xfinity customer you should be able to get flex service, which is built in X1 for apps like Netflix and Peacock. Policy may have changed but Peacock might be included for internet customers. Have you looked into this?
I am internet only with Xfinity, and with the Flex box (free) I can get Peacock. If you have an X1 box and get cable through xfiity, you can get Peacock on your Xfiity Cable box. Just look at apps on the box.

Also, for Roku, download NBC. I am not sure the Roku app is branded as Peacock separate. I think it is like ESPN where you have ESPN provider login, and then an ESPN+ login.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I use the built-in Roku in my TV. NBC and Peacock are two different apps. Didn't have a problem loading either.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just an opinion, but I think Roku is getting a bit territorial as far as other apps are concerned. I've notices their search results are including fewer and fewer apps, such as Netflix.

Reaction Score
I was an early adopter for Roku & I’ve had two boxes so far that became useless over time. In terms of Peacock, I don’t see any live sports you can watch without getting the premium package - or even taped delayed ones. Was looking for any Premier league matches and also Alpine Skiing (that was on the Olympic channel).

Reaction Score
Just an opinion, but I think Roku is getting a bit territorial as far as other apps are concerned. I've notices their search results are including fewer and fewer apps, such as Netflix.
Interesting. took them forever to get HBO Max on.

Reaction Score
Right, through the X1 but I think the poster cut the cord so he doesn’t have that option unless he gets an Xfinity Flex box (cable box but phrased differently to make cord cutters think it’s not cable tv).
They sent me that box when I signed up
I am internet only with Xfinity, and with the Flex box (free) I can get Peacock. If you have an X1 box and get cable through xfiity, you can get Peacock on your Xfiity Cable box. Just look at apps on the box.

Also, for Roku, download NBC. I am not sure the Roku app is branded as Peacock separate. I think it is like ESPN where you have ESPN provider login, and then an ESPN+ login.
thx...Its easier to get a new Roku than having another box..NBC app is not Peacock..tried that

Reaction Score
They sent me that box when I signed up

thx...Its easier to get a new Roku than having another box..NBC app is not Peacock..tried that
I have 4 rokus and a fire stick and the flex box. I think roku has the best system. fire tv more content. I might just splurge for the apple tv. But i don't want to pay that much,

Reaction Score
I have 4 rokus and a fire stick and the flex box. I think roku has the best system. fire tv more content. I might just splurge for the apple tv. But i don't want to pay that much,
Couldn't find it on Apple either....I think that's older than my Roku..lol Looks like it's time for a technology upgrade across the board. Maybe I need a new TV too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom