Rodney I Hope You Read This | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rodney I Hope You Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
THANK YOU RODNEY
That's all I can say - you have been one of the most maligned players in recent memory both in the press and on this board BUT you are a true Husky who bleeds blue and I appreciated everything you have done for the program. May you become successful in whatever you choose to pursue in you days ahead.
Gods speed

Reaction Score
Agree in a sense. My favorite Husky will always be Caron and I still think his performance against Maryland in the E8 game was epic. He never won anything either.

Rodney is similar in a sense. Love his heart and effort.

He's become one of my all-time favorite Huskies, a very special young man. Thanks for starting this thread.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I echo the sentiment.

I've been hard on him as a player, but I was emotional watching him tonight, and/because of that, I've never questioned his heart, loyalty and all of the other things that make him a great kid.

He's going to be successful in whatever he does, and I'm proud of the kid. I wish it ended better for him, he put it all out there.

Reaction Score
Not a great game but he did give it all and we can't fault him there. It was sad to see his head down on the bench ato the end crying. He should hold it up high as he has nothing to be disappointed about except for stepping out of bounds so much on his jump shot. Lol! He is the only senior I really will miss.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Another bump, I think more people should get a word in on this thread. You never know if Rodney might stumble upon it.

Reaction Score
Sent him the link to this thread on twitter. This is Awesome

Reaction Score
Rodney thank you for being a warrior, and for showing all of us what it means to fight and never give up! You will be missed, but never forgotten. I hope you make scads of money in your professional career, and continue to have joy in your heart, on and off the court.

Ps. The refs sucked tonight!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
More people Liked this thread than I have on Ignore. Very impressive.
And I'd still love to see the good, bad & ugly mixtape more than any player ever. Or play a game of Rodney BINGO.

Reaction Score
There'd be times he'd do something where I'd want to tear at what little hair I had left, but every time he was on the floor there was a fire in his belly. And anytime somebody plays with the passion he always stepped on court with, they will always have my respect and I'll be behind them 100%. I see that same thing in young Vital and something tells me Purvis has something to do with that. Good luck in your future endeavors Rodney and pursue whatever the future holds with that same passion. I got a little chocked up tonight at the arena when we started the Rodney chant. It was awesome.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kid gave everything to this program and played with maximum effort. Can't ask for more than that. He can be proud of his time here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thanks Rodney. I imagine when you came here, it was with thoughts of a postseason every year. It didn't work out that way, but you gave it everything. I enjoyed every smile, every flex and especially the heart. You'll do well in life with that going for you.

Reaction Score
i watched him against the nets last night. went 0-6 but his effort was 100 percent through the entire night. 4th quarter fastbreak he was end to end in literally a second and a half it was incredible speed. i hope the magic give him more chances, GO RODNEY!!!

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
A Husky to be remembered. 11.6, 12.8, 13.8 PPG. That move and dunk against SMU was one for the ages. Thanks for bleeding UConn blue, Rodney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom