Rocky Mountain Blue | The Boneyard

Rocky Mountain Blue

Reaction Score
We can only hope it's only a bump in the road and not a "Don't Look Up" thing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would like to think he is chopping wood for the winter, and will rejoin us lazy posters soon. :)
Yea isn't this the time of year he takes an annual pilgrimage to some national park to take pictures of critters and such?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yea isn't this the time of year he takes an annual pilgrimage to some national park to take pictures of critters and such?
I am not sure about the annual pilgrimage. He lives in Big Sky Country, which is full of critters and such. I just know that snowfall in his area is measured in Hartley Units, not inches as it is here. Hence the need for chopping wood. :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
His legs were giving him trouble when his daughter got married. Hopefully he is okay.

Reaction Score
I would like to think he is chopping wood for the winter, and will rejoin us lazy posters soon. :)
Speak for thy own. My cutting and stacking was done 3 weeks ago. I have enough left over to help Montana a bit. Now I have two huge piles of small limbs and brush to burn next spring

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Speak for thy own. My cutting and stacking was done 3 weeks ago. I have enough left over to help Montana a bit. Now I have two huge piles of small limbs and brush to burn next spring

Showoff! I'm hoping things calm down enough to get another half-cord done this weekend. I have enough volume for the winter, but there's a disproportionate amount of poplar, so I'd like to get 1.5 cords total of oak, but only have about 0.75.

Reaction Score
Showoff! I'm hoping things calm down enough to get another half-cord done this weekend. I have enough volume for the winter, but there's a disproportionate amount of poplar, so I'd like to get 1.5 cords total of oak, but only have about 0.75.
Hubs has enough for most of the state of CT...the man has a hoarding issue when it comes to firewood.

Reaction Score
I am not sure about the annual pilgrimage. He lives in Big Sky Country, which is full of critters and such. I just know that snowfall in his area is measured in Hartley Units, not inches as it is here. Hence the need for chopping wood. :rolleyes:
I know many families in Connedticut that cut many cords of fire wood this spring and summer the cost of fuel oil is nuts Also know of hundrereds, maybe many thousands of familes in Virginia doing the same--the heat pumps just don't cut it in late Dec, jan, feb

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Seriously though, has anyone heard from @RockyMTblue2 ? I am now officially worried...Rock shoot me/any of us a note to let us know you’re ok!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For the uninitiated-like me How much wood is in a cord? A picture would be very helpful.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm guessing since this thread derailed that the concern is gone? Has RMT checked in? I find it strange that such an uber-poster would vanish.

Reaction Score
For the uninitiated-like me How much wood is in a cord? A picture would be very helpful.
A cord is 4' by 4' by 8'. It's a volume measurement - not weight. Hence a cord of oak has a lot more heat than a cord of poplar. (A ton of poplar will have slightly more heat than a ton of oak)

Reaction Score
No, the concern isn't over. Not a bit.
In addition to being a prolific poster Rocky brought a lot of interesting information to the BY. Here’s hoping he’s just taking some time off following the knee surgery that he had planned following his daughter’s wedding.
S -Still to busy to be clever , so this is for me in an upcoming knee surgery!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In addition to being a prolific poster Rocky brought a lot of interesting information to the BY. Here’s hoping he’s just taking some time off following the knee surgery that he had planned following his daughter’s wedding.
Rock man and I spoke quite a bit the last month about things, none of which I will reveal here. I will say though our communication stopped on Oct 8 and I haven't heard from him since. My antennae are up so....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
May I ask, is it harder to hoard cats or to herd them? I believe either one would be dstracting.
It's easy to do both. Want to hoard them? Just keep taking in strays. What to herd them? Just open up a can of cat food. Breaking that initial seal will get them all to come running.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom