Rocky Mountain Blue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rocky Mountain Blue

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

About 5 years ago, when we were going through a period of "squabbling" on the Boneyard, I made this version of the cat herding commercial.

But, back to the Op, I wish that someone knew how to contact Rocky. I'm feeling uneasy.

Reaction Score
It's easy to do both. Want to hoard them? Just keep taking in strays. What to herd them? Just open up a can of cat food. Breaking that initial seal will get them all to come running.
Just to add to this discussion I had a cat that was a herder. Anytime too many wild turkeys would invade her territory she would round them up and herd them into the woods. The turkeys were considerably larger than she was and it really was quite entertaining to see her do this.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just to add to this discussion I had a cat that was a herder. Anytime too many wild turkeys would invade her territory she would round them up and herd them into the woods. The turkeys were considerably larger than she was and it really was quite entertaining to see her do this.
Lol. I agree, cats are entertaining.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I once saw one of my parent's cats take down a juvenile turkey. It had it briefly, then the turkey got away. It's probably a good thing, because there were adult turkeys nearby. I'm fairly sure a full grown turkey could kill a domestic cat if it set its mind to it.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I once saw one of my parent's cats take down a juvenile turkey. It had it briefly, then the turkey got away. It's probably a good thing, because there were adult turkeys nearby. I'm fairly sure a full grown turkey could kill a domestic cat if it set its mind to it.
Maybe. But I've seen NYC cats that chase and kill squirrels. The turkey might win but it would be good for nothing, not even a pot, ever after.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So she was a Siamese shepherd? Or perhaps a Chartreux collie? Was her name Lassie? I , for one, am curiouser and curiouser. ;)

Reaction Score
A cord is 4' by 4' by 8'. It's a volume measurement - not weight. Hence a cord of oak has a lot more heat than a cord of poplar. (A ton of poplar will have slightly more heat than a ton of oak)
Depending upon whether either or both are dry wood. Poplar holds a lot more water for longer periods of time. The long burning cycle of OAK is more desirable than the POPLAR. (I just took down a 70 ft poplar and 3 months ago trimmed 8 inch thick Oak branches. I;ll use both in JANUARY AND FEB. for short periods. In Ct I used oak almost exclusively. You are right about a cord, few fully understand that. 4 by 4 by 8 However, I just cut and stack and look at the total volume and say yea or nay enough or not enough.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
...and back to the ACTUAL THREAD...has anyone heard from Rocky?

Reaction Score
Since the mods have access (I assume) to more personal info than the rest of us, are there rules against them using that info in an effort to contact members ?
If not, perhaps they could assist in this endeavour.

Reaction Score
Since the mods have access (I assume) to more personal info than the rest of us, are there rules against them using that info in an effort to contact members ?
There is such a thing as PRIVACY and the Mods lean more towards allow us all privacy. When the time comes Rocky will be on-board with 1000 articles about Uconn Women or some LEGAL QUOTE. I get mine from a Harvard grad, she usually takes them from a book on law she has written.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As you can see below, @Biff has posted so I think our (and Rocky's) Privacy is safe here on the BY.

But, back to the Op, I wish that someone knew how to contact Rocky. I'm feeling uneasy.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
As pointed out his area has had some heavy early winter weather. Then too the natives in that area have been active. (NATIVES not Native Americans there is a slight difference) I prefer the Canadian definition--First People then we don't get confused with Natives, Indians (from India), local people.
I'm hoping that's it, though again, he hasn't inboxed me since Oct 8th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom