Rock bottom? | The Boneyard

Rock bottom?

Reaction Score
Injuries are one thing and there is no denying we have had more injuries than anyone but man this team is a mess. I stopped expecting much of anything a long time ago but I can't just chalk it all up to injuries. We aren't good at anything and are really bad at a lot of things. We should be a very good team next year but I am all out of confidence. Not calling for Ollie's head but he sure as hell better figure it out next season. We all love KO as a human being but the signs are concerning. I still believe Ollie can and probably will turn things around next year but if he doesn't, we need to start facing reality.

Reaction Score
This thread is fine, not throwing crap to the wolves just trying to face some reality. I have no problems with people wanting to get more out of a season, needing to see more when healthy next year and the year after.

We all want to get back to UConn basketball but jumping on the dead is ridiculous like so many are. You could see the smiles in some posts asking for his head - pitiful!

Reaction Score
Everyone will be happy again once we get selected for the CBI or as I like to call it the NIT's NIT.

Reaction Score
I'd say this looks like rock bottom, but I've learned that I'm pretty bad at recognizing rock bottom.
I think it's fair to say this is karma payback.....and if it is, I'm fine with it. The sun, moon and stars aligned TWICE for us in 2011 and 2014. Think about all that went right in those two March runs......then realize if this is the price, it was well worth it.

I mean seriously, it has gotten comical at this point

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This thread is fine, not throwing crap to the wolves just trying to face some reality. I have no problems with people wanting to get more out of a season, needing to see more when healthy next year and the year after.

We all want to get back to UConn basketball but jumping on the dead is ridiculous like so many are. You could see the smiles in some posts asking for his head - pitiful!
As soon as I heard Vital was not going to play and Rodney suffered a dislocation to his off finger I knew it was a loss. Jalen played only because he had to. He was no where's near 100%. You've stated this in another thread. It doesn't make one bit of difference if it's ECU or BCU. Those injuries were going to seal the deal this game. And yet the players pushed themselves to the limits.

I'm not ashamed to take the minority position regarding this game.

Reaction Score

Agreed this season has been nothing short of depressing. But at this point we are just kicking a dead corpse that we know has been dead for a while. We just aren't good this year, for multiple reasons. Coaching has been sub par, lack of leadership, lack of development, and injuries. Injuries being the greatest ill imo. With everyone healthy I think we still have at least a modest season and make the tourney. We just have to stop expecting them to turn the proverbial corner, the stuck in cement this season it ain't happening

Reaction Score
Everyone will be happy again once we get selected for the CBI or as I like to call it the NIT's NIT.

Funny thing is you probably will be. Most people who give a don't even want to see that happen. You just want another game to bi*ch at I'm sure!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say this is karma payback.....and if it is, I'm fine with it. The sun, moon and stars aligned TWICE for us in 2011 and 2014. Think about all that went right in those two March runs.then realize if this is the price, it was well worth it.

I mean seriously, it has gotten comical at this point
You have to wonder who put the stars in this alignment. It's a toss up between Rodney and KO imo. Rodney has a group of people who come to his game and 10 minutes before it starts dislocates a finger in what has to be a freak accident. He starts his senior year excited knowing he's going to Maui to play against his god brother, talks with the kid and learns 24 hours later he dies on the court.

KO gets an NC and then everything goes haywire in his life starting with a divorce, then getting players who get injured or have to be let go.

Or maybe this is the set up needed to get another NC and into a P5.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
All these people who want Ollie gone, who will you bring in? Who will bring in top 15 classes year after year and won a nc and a conference tourney in 3? Ollie inherited a mess and then this season with the injuries did bring it to rock bottom. But Ollie is not the reason. The players need to put in work in the offseason, bb iq as well

Reaction Score

I've gotten cr@p thrown at me for pointing out my concerns the entire season. I was called a troll for pointing out it's our worst team in 30 years and I was even called William Shea for being judgemental when we came back from 17 down to beat Memphis, as if that fixed any of our problems. I won't sit idly by when I see major problems, we are UConn and we should expect great basketball. I hope to god Ollie figures it out and is the guy but another disappointing season or two and we have to start considering other options. I am in no way of the opinion that there is no way we can do better than Ollie as most other posters seem to believe. We are still UConn and we can attract better than most everyone. I will stress again, I'm rooting for KO and think he can turn it around.

Reaction Score
Brining in top 15 classes means bupkus if you don't know what to do with them once you get them.

Reaction Score
^^^ Bruce Weber might be available at K-State. You won't win many games but you will win "Play Hard" points. Kim Anderson will definitely be available at Missouri. You think you're at Rock Bottom? Missouri is the definition of Rock Bottom.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We were delayed by a woman's lacrosse game and then did that... Not sure what is worse. As said, injuries are a killer but there is still too much talent still to look so useless.
Delayed? I switched to the game on the other ESPN.(Direct TV) at 7:05. At 7:30 at a break, the Lacrosse game was still on. At 7 Lacrosse had 1:05 left. That is one hell of a delay.

Reaction Score
We really need to temper our expectations for next season, a lot can happen between now and then. Suppose, for whatever reason, JA decides to leave this season, or AG and Larrier cannot come back and be healthy, we might not be any better next season and that would be no fault of ollie's.

Reaction Score
^^^ Bruce Weber might be available at K-State. You won't win many games but you will win "Play Hard" points. Kim Anderson will definitely be available at Missouri. You think you're at Rock Bottom? Missouri is the definition of Rock Bottom.

or Pitt or Gtown

Reaction Score
Injuries are one thing and there is no denying we have had more injuries than anyone but man this team is a mess. I stopped expecting much of anything a long time ago but I can't just chalk it all up to injuries. We aren't good at anything and are really bad at a lot of things. We should be a very good team next year but I am all out of confidence. Not calling for Ollie's head but he sure as hell better figure it out next season. We all love KO as a human being but the signs are concerning. I still believe Ollie can and probably will turn things around next year but if he doesn't, we need to start facing reality.
I love Ollie is as a coach as well, just like the rest of America, wake up.

Reaction Score
Missouri has always been at rock bottom. This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts, comparing UConn to K State and Missouri, as if we can't get a far better coach than them.

Reaction Score
We really need to temper our expectations for next season, a lot can happen between now and then. Suppose, for whatever reason, JA decides to leave this season, or AG and Larrier cannot come back and be healthy, we might not be any better next season and that would be no fault of ollie's.

At what point do we stop building in excuses for seasons that haven't even begun? As long as we're doing that, we can drop the charade of being an elite program.

Reaction Score
I've gotten cr@p thrown at me for pointing out my concerns the entire season. I was called a troll for pointing out it's our worst team in 30 years and I was even called William Shea for being judgemental when we came back from 17 down to beat Memphis, as if that fixed any of our problems. I won't sit idly by when I see major problems, we are UConn and we should expect great basketball. I hope to god Ollie figures it out and is the guy but another disappointing season or two and we have to start considering other options. I am in no way of the opinion that there is no way we can do better than Ollie as most other posters seem to believe. We are still UConn and we can attract better than most everyone. I will stress again, I'm rooting for KO and think he can turn it around.
All these people who want Ollie gone, who will you bring in? Who will bring in top 15 classes year after year and won a nc and a conference tourney in 3? Ollie inherited a mess and then this season with the injuries did bring it to rock bottom. But Ollie is not the reason. The players need to put in work in the offseason, bb iq as well
People's expectations are beyond bizarre on this website at times, beyond.

Ollie has done a masterful job since becoming head coach, yes masterful.

Go look at his years as a coach, not to mention replacing a hall of fame coach in a position where all you could do is go down (based Uconn being a nothing before Calhoun, Uconn having half its players transferring, Uconn facing all these NCAA consequences, Uconn team going into the American, yes the what conference?)

Wake up people, Ollie is a god sent, so thankful for another great coach after the one and only Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Brining in top 15 classes means bupkus if you don't know what to do with them once you get them.

Also, what top 15 classes (plural)?

This year was up there. But next year is MAL and a couple of sub-100 guys. That doesn't get it done even if we had the ability to coach guys up.

Reaction Score
People's expectations are beyond bizarre on this website at times, beyond.

Ollie has done a masterful job since becoming head coach, yes masterful.

Go look at his years as a coach, not to mention replacing a hall of fame coach in a position where all you could do is go down (based Uconn being a nothing before Calhoun, Uconn having half its players transferring, Uconn facing all these NCAA consequences, Uconn team going into the American, yes the what conference?)

Wake up people, Ollie is a god sent, so thankful for another great coach after the one and only Calhoun.
Ollie, like all of his teams, seem to have a lot of potential. Aside from one magical run, though, the results have fallen flat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom