OT: - Robot vacuums are #1, avoid #2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Robot vacuums are #1, avoid #2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We had a Roomba that we received as a Christmas present from my brother in law a long time ago. We sold it in a tag sale a few years after he gave it to us. We have too many area rugs with fringe.

I'm holding out for a robot maid, like Rosie from "The Jetsons."

If you use your imagination, you might be able to improve upon that as a wish list item. ;) Ms. Crookshanks perhaps?

Your version is close. MIT has one.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Have an iRoomba. It’s great

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I know people who have come home to dog crap smeared all over their house from their Roomba repeatedly running it over

Could be worse.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Could be worse.

I can’t even imagine the smell of burnt and charred sewage. Delicious.

Reaction Score
I have a Deebot. It works but it doesn’t get every speck of dust. It’s nice to get under the bed and such.

We got one as a gift because my wife was talking about how much she wanted one (I"m fine with the Sebo vacuum the thing cost a fortune but its a killer machine) - that damn thing get stuck on table legs, pedestal base of a big industrial fan, etc, etc.

I'll take a real vacuum any day over it. What's it take me 10 minutes to vacuum the place - the house isn't 15,000 square feet for god sake.

Reaction Score
My dog left me a surprise in the kitchen this morning. He's 13 and on borrowed time. He just can't always hold it, unfortunately.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
To eliminate the possibility of the dreaded DoggyDoShmear, Just program this thing to make a pass around the house ahaead of of the Roomba.

Reaction Score
They work just "ok" in my book. I have a Deebot, it likes to hide in the bathroom and slack off.

Reaction Score
I have hardwood throughout and mine worked great until the sweeper are broke.

If you are prone to having dogs crap all over your house, these products won't help.

Reaction Score
I love my Roomba. Great in the kitchen with hardwood floors, cleans up all the crumbs. It even dusts the floor a bit, like a Swiffer would, so the floor looks a little shinier when it’s done. Ya it gets caught up if it runs over a sock or something but so does a vacuum you push. Would def recommend getting one.

Reaction Score
Our's works great, of course the first time my dog saw it and we weren't home he flipped out, flipped his crate, everywhere, and ripped the carpet to shreds trying to dig out of his cage to get away from it. Was......not the best day.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We had a Roomba that we received as a Christmas present from my brother in law a long time ago. We sold it in a tag sale a few years after he gave it to us. We have too many area rugs with fringe.

I prefer the Arisa model in “Better Than Us”.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

She's coming but most of us will likely not be around to see it.
It’s like everything else... leads the way. There would be no internet without it.
Surprised that no one caught this interaction. Not sure Champs realized the hilarity of what he wrote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom