Robinson Cano suspended for 162 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Robinson Cano suspended for 162 games

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
No, just next years salary. He still gets 48 mil total in 2022 and 2023. If he gets popped a third time it's lifetime ban then the contract can be voided.
IMO if you seriously want steroids out of sports, the first positive test should be a year suspension without pay and the second is a lifetime ban.

Reaction Score
IMO if you seriously want steroids out of sports, the first positive test should be a year suspension without pay and the second is a lifetime ban.

That’s the beautiful thing about Cohen...he’ll write a check if they can’t come to a compromised buyout after this season. I agree 100% on the first penalty being a year and second one being lifetime ban.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
That’s the beautiful thing about Cohen...he’ll write a check if they can’t come to a compromised buyout after this season. I agree 100% on the first penalty being a year and second one being lifetime ban.
Yeah he'll be fine. Lol This is actually pretty crazy.
IMG_0263.jpg

Reaction Score
Suspensions are negotiated through collective bargaining agreement. The MLB union will never adopt a 2 strikes and you're out rule and the owners won't die on that hill either.

Reaction Score
Best News Ever!!! Now McNeil can play second base. He should have been there, all along. Cohen will buy out Cano, after next year. Now the Mets can sign Bauer, Springer, JT and win it all

Reaction Score
Yanks had great timing getting rid of him when he did. Wish they got rid of A-Roid sooner.

Reaction Score
I agree.

But.

The Players' Association never will.

Thanks Curt Flood. It is collectively bargained.

Reaction Score
Yanks had great timing getting rid of him when he did. Wish they got rid of A-Roid sooner.

Of course after not signing Cano they went and got Ellsbury.

Reaction Score
I can't stand Cano or the stupid, idiotic trade that brought him to the Mets, however........

He knowingly risked a year's worth of salary in an effort to play well and help the team win this year, as a fan I have to give him credit for that. In this one strange case it was an unselfish move to take steroids. Truly Bizarre.

Reaction Score

The Yankees entire run from 1998 to 2009 was greatly influenced by steroids. I do acknowledge a majority of the league was probably taking them including the 1999, 2000, 2006 Mets.

Putting Mike Piazza in the hall of fame while excluding others just because they were caught is a joke. It's also pretty obvious in hindsight that Nolan Ryan probably used them when he was with the roid rage Rangers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Yankees entire run from 1998 to 2009 was greatly influenced by steroids. I do acknowledge a majority of the league was probably taking them including the 1999, 2000, 2006 Mets.

Putting Mike Piazza in the hall of fame while excluding others just because they were caught is a joke. It's also pretty obvious in hindsight that Nolan Ryan probably used them when he was with the roid rage Rangers.

Everyone’s run included steroids. Sox with Manny, Papi others included it was baseball at that time. As you said the Rangers had Gonzalez, Palmeiro others... the A’s in the Giambi Canseco days. Astros had a roid-demic .....Hard to single teams or players out.

Agree with you on the Piazza assessment. Weird game since those days and not much has changed. I actually feel for cano for getting caught but he must be stupid not to be using whatever others are who aren’t getting caught.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom