Robinson Cano suspended for 162 games | The Boneyard

Robinson Cano suspended for 162 games

Reaction Score
Robinson Cano for the 2nd time has rested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Has to forego his 24 million salary. He lost 14 million the 1st time. being 38 he could be finished. He has 2 more years left on his contract with the Mets after this fiasco.

Reaction Score
Very interesting for Steve Cohen as he also has had cheating issues with the SEC

Reaction Score
100% a big, fat blessing in disguise.

One of the best... absolute BEST things that could happen going into next year. Get that millstone from around the neck of this team for the entire season.

Cano was good (overrated, but good) when he was with the Yankees... then he was already an albatross in Seattle when Brodie Van Wagenen (thank God he got fired. One of the worst GM's EVER) took him and Nunez off of their hands... AND added in the Mets' 2 best prospects (Jarred Kelenic and Justin Dunn) to boot.

That was a ridiculously horrible, one-sided trade right from the get go. And frankly it was the beginning of the end for BVW... as Nunez and Cano kept the Mets from getting into the playoffs in 2019 (they both sucked last year) and didn't do enough to help them get into the playoffs this year. Goes to show you that sports agents, as smart as they think they are, can not hold a candle to real GM's.

And no, unlike a few on here I am not into patting myself on the back... but the moment I saw the entirety of that trade I knew that Van Wagenen was not cut out for the GM job, and started counting the days until he would be gone. And yes, I realize he made that trade within a couple of months of being hired. But that didn't matter. Just looking at how he got fleeced I knew he sucked.

No offense to Robinson Cano but... I hope he never plays another inning for the Mets again. And yes, for the love of God... please put Jeff McNeil back at 2nd base, where he belongs!... just as you are saying @lavuuk153. Amazing that they have messed with him since he is right now a better hitter and overall player than Cano.

Typical Mets stupidity... Here's hoping Cohen and Co. change all of that for the better!

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Robinson Cano for the 2nd time has rested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Has to forego his 24 million salary. He lost 14 million the 1st time. being 38 he could be finished. He has 2 more years left on his contract with the Mets after this fiasco.
I think he just voided that contract. He was done 2 years ago besides

Reaction Score
They caught one of 200 players only? Lol

He’s cooked and it was obvious he went back to it. He was cooked last year bat was slow and power way down and suddenly he was better. Reminds me of Papi who tried to stop too but realized his bat could only catch 90MPH and less then shazaam he was Papi again. It’s the game they play now, bunch of .220 hitters with power that strike out a ton. They’re on my team too is what it is. Not the same game.

Reaction Score
They caught one of 200 players only? Lol

He’s cooked and it was obvious he went back to it. He was cooked last year bat was slow and power way down and suddenly he was better. Reminds me of Papi who tried to stop too but realized his bat could only catch 90MPH and less then shazaam he was Papi again. It’s the game they play now, bunch of .220 hitters with power that strike out a ton. They’re on my team too is what it is. Not the same game.

nelson Cruz is fun to watch and doesn’t look any different from any point in his career

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Plays great/terrible = +24million
Sits the bench = +24million
Takes Steroids = -24million

Life choices.
You have to account for the fact he might not be playing this late in his career and at that price tag if he wasn't on roids. I get that he already signed the contract but its one of those things where he just didn't know when to get out.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Going to cost him a spot in Cooperstown in my opinion. Second offense in the POST "steroid era".

Reaction Score

How spiteful. How will he be able to feed his family?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Another $24mil for Stevie to go shopping with. Not that he needs it.

Reaction Score
100% a big, fat blessing in disguise.

One of the best... absolute BEST things that could happen going into next year. Get that millstone from around the neck of this team for the entire season.

Cano was good (overrated, but good) when he was with the Yankees... then he was already an albatross in Seattle when Brodie Van Wagenen (thank God he got fired. One of the worst GM's EVER) took him and Nunez off of their hands... AND added in the Mets' 2 best prospects (Jarred Kelenic and Justin Dunn) to boot.

That was a ridiculously horrible, one-sided trade right from the get go. And frankly it was the beginning of the end for BVW... as Nunez and Cano kept the Mets from getting into the playoffs in 2019 (they both sucked last year) and didn't do enough to help them get into the playoffs this year. Goes to show you that sports agents, as smart as they think they are, can not hold a candle to real GM's.

And no, unlike a few on here I am not into patting myself on the back... but the moment I saw the entirety of that trade I knew that Van Wagenen was not cut out for the GM job, and started counting the days until he would be gone. And yes, I realize he made that trade within a couple of months of being hired. But that didn't matter. Just looking at how he got fleeced I knew he sucked.

No offense to Robinson Cano but... I hope he never plays another inning for the Mets again. And yes, for the love of God... please put Jeff McNeil back at 2nd base, where he belongs!... just as you are saying @lavuuk153. Amazing that they have messed with him since he is right now a better hitter and overall player than Cano.

Typical Mets stupidity... Here's hoping Cohen and Co. change all of that for the better!
Its Diaz not Nunez btw. I dont know a single met fan that thought that was a good trade and nobody liked BVW so your a legit met fan lol! Could not agree more with everything you said.

Reaction Score
I think he just voided that contract.
No, just next years salary. He still gets 48 mil total in 2022 and 2023. If he gets popped a third time it's lifetime ban then the contract can be voided.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was honestly shocked to learn he was still in the league.

Reaction Score
As a huge Mets fan this is by far the best news besides Cohen taking over the team that they could’ve received this year.

$20 mil off the books which will allow them to get that extra star or spread it around the ‘pen, an extra starter, etc. Huge.

Eliminates the logjam in the infield also. Puts McNeil back at his best and natural position.

He won’t play another inning for the Mets. They’ll DFA him and pay the remaining cost or find an out that voids his contract or come to some compromise in the middle. Either way, he’s gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom