Road Map To This Season | The Boneyard

Road Map To This Season

Reaction Score
i would like to know how the BE and basketball could do this if colleges are still learning Online from home. If all hoop staffs and players are isolated for 14 days and the teams have their own planes it could happen Maybe. Same with every sport I guess. But the refs would have to be spaced. I need this season to happen. Do they have a plan yet?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they don't have any plans like that since only 3 days ago Val Ackerman said, “If our campuses aren’t open, we will not have athletes coming back.”

I suggest you e-mail Val Ackerman if you want an answer to your question. vackerman@bigeast.com

I also want very badly for the season to start on time because the thought of the upcoming UConn basketball season gives me some happiness in these dreary times.

Reaction Score
No one has any clue but my guess is the season is pushed back to January at the earliest. Some have proposed conference games only. I would be totally shocked (in a good way) if there is a non-interrupted season between November and March.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI from some high level college planning sessions I am in on, the recommendation from the schools will be a return to campus (all large classes will go online while small classes will meet in person in the large rooms opened up from taking large classes online). This will be the recommendation. Whether it is approved by the politicians is another story.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI from some high level college planning sessions I am in on, the recommendation from the schools will be a return to campus (all large classes will go online while small classes will meet in person in the large rooms opened up from taking large classes online). This will be the recommendation. Whether it is approved by the politicians is another story.
Is that what all the schools in upstate NY are talking about doing? My younger son is going to Hamilton in the fall and we're hoping he can start on campus. Not real excited about him starting his college experience online.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is that what all the schools in upstate NY are talking about doing? My younger son is going to Hamilton in the fall and we're hoping he can start on campus. Not real excited about him starting his college experience online.

At that point, just defer and take a semester at a juco.

Our daughter is a high school soph who is already fed up of distance learning. Whether we allow it or not is another story, (we won't), but she's decided that if school does not open in the fall, she will graduate a year and a half early and enroll in a community college in the spring and just do that until schools reopen.

Reaction Score
At that point, just defer and take a semester at a juco.
I already spoke to the president of Hamilton and told him I am not paying Hamilton's tuition for online classes. He did admit there are serious economic implications for colleges if students are not on campus. Which is why I think they will do everything they can to have students back in the fall. If the rest of the economy opens back up it's hard to see colleges staying closed.

Reaction Score

State schools, SUNY talk. Don't know about private colleges, but a school like Hamilton won't have many enormous lectures.

Hamilton is fantastic school. If it's his first year, tell him to look into the summer scholar programs. The students get paid to write/research.

Reaction Score
What scares me is if there is no season (a very real possibility) and all these kids we've recruited decide to enter the draft and play in the D League.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom