RJ Evans | The Boneyard

RJ Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only who expects every shot he puts up in the paint to go in? He had a few rim out on him and that charging call where the offensive player slid up in front of him was awful, but it seems like he has a great knack for getting the right angle to beat his man and then finish off the glass or with an easy lay-up. RJ is a better finisher inside than some bigs we've had in the past....*coughs*AO

Reaction Score
RJ is a better finisher inside than some bigs we've had in the past.

Couldn't agree more.

caw

Reaction Score
Evans:

1) puts his shoulder between the ball and the man. He's a wide body.
2) has really good touch around the rim.

I like KO's play calling/sets.

Reaction Score
Evans:

1) puts his shoulder between the ball and the man. He's a wide body.
2) has really good touch around the rim.

I like KO's play calling/sets.

The out of timeout play call from underneath our own basket to find Shabazz for an "And 1" layup....great stuff.

Reaction Score
He is a great finisher, was telling my buddy I just have a feeling he will be a part of our coaching staff down the road.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He made plays at key moments to stop us from sliding back and losing the lead. That steal and basket was really big. He is a really great addition.

Reaction Score
Is it strange that im upset we only have him for 1 year?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As a grad student with only one season he is going to live for every moment and we are gonna love watching him.

Within 10' of the hoop there isn't a shot he won't try.

Reaction Score
Is it strange that im upset we only have him for 1 year?

As much as that kid has embraced being a Husky I would've loved to see him get an opportunity to play in the BET and NCAAT. I remember the debbie downer posters who used RJ's addition as proof of how far we've fallen, and of course one of our favorite doomsday reporters Jeff Goodman propped up RJ as proof that our recruiting was abysmal. RJ could play on any of our teams in the last 5-6 years or so.

Reaction Score
The offensive foul on him was terrible, guy moved underneath him in air... That might have finished the game. RJ is excellent, great team player and knows how to use his body, active dude, nothing negative for him so far great pick up

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He always makes the right decision with the ball. Tough defense, and man can he finish inside. He's going to be much more of a factor than I initially thought.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
RJ is the player we've needed for the better part of six or seven years.

We've had such small guards and they've been overpowered constantly.

Reaction Score
Great inside player, I want to see him block and rebound a bit more though.

Reaction Score
He's the gift that keeps on giving, and giving, and .....................................

Reaction Score
I look at him out there and he looks like a guy you'd see playing rec ball. He doesn't look like a D1 player but he sure plays like one. His calves look like something you'd see attached under the wing of some WWII dive bomber.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Boy was I wrong. I thought he would be a big nothing. He is a human muscle that is incredible around the hoop.

He's a 5th year senior (technically, a grad student, I know) and boy does he look like it. He's just really smart. He knows how to play within himself. He scored 1200 points in 3 years at Holy Cross but he knows on this team he's not a primary or secondary scorer -- he's an opportunist. He makes things happen without forcing anything. Has he even taken a jump shot yet?

Even though he's only 6'3", because of his bulk, he holds his own as the "3" when we go with the 3-guard lineup, and we have the added bonus of having 3 guys who can really handle the ball on the floor at the same time. I expect Omar to step up, and that will cut into his minutes, but man is it nice having him. And like you, I really wasn't expecting all that much.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I look at him out there and he looks like a guy you'd see playing rec ball. He doesn't look like a D1 player but he sure plays like one. His calves look like something you'd see attached under the wing of some WWII dive bomber.
He is going to dominate pickup games at the Y when he is 70. He reminds me of one of those unstoppable old guys who never left the floor but schooled everybody with shot making and passing from the high post (back when I wasn't an old guy yet).

Reaction Score
RJ Evans might be the first guard I can remember whose every FG in a season is some sort of layup. Pretty sure that's been the case so far, unless I'm mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom