RJ Cole | The Boneyard

RJ Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He was great tonight. Did a little bit of everything. Hit some 3s, distributed, played great on-ball defense most of the night and ran the offense really well. Never would have known this was his first competitive game in almost 2 yrs.

I think he's our Alpha PG. Gaffney is great, and I love when they're on the floor together, but RJ looks like the more polished guy and a true leader. He scored in a variety of ways, and I don't think there's any concerns about his play and scoring abilities translating from Howard when we eventually play big dogs in the BE... he belongs and he's great.

Reaction Score
He was great tonight. Did a little bit of everything. Hit some 3s, distributed, played great on-ball defense most of the night and ran the offense really well.

I think he's our Alpha PG. Gaffney is great, and I love when they're on the floor together, but RJ looks like the more polished guy and a true leader. He scored in a variety of ways, and I don't think there's any concerns about his play translating from Howard to when we we eventually play in the BE... he belongs.
RJ can shoot it. Some sloppy passes but nonetheless a great showing. Gaffney compliments him well, great drive and dish player, we saw him finish as well. Gaffney is so efficient I love him.

Reaction Score
He was great tonight. Did a little bit of everything. Hit some 3s, distributed, played great on-ball defense most of the night and ran the offense really well.

I think he's our Alpha PG. Gaffney is great, and I love when they're on the floor together, but RJ looks like the more polished guy and a true leader. He scored in a variety of ways, and I don't think there's any concerns about his play and scoring abilities translating from Howard when we we eventually play big dogs in the BE... he belongs and he's great.
Got caught in the air a few times and had some lazy passes but he looks legit, he's quicker than I thought.

Reaction Score

I think he's our Alpha PG. Gaffney is great, and I love when they're on the floor together, but RJ looks like the more polished guy and a true leader. He scored in a variety of ways, and I don't think there's any concerns about his play translating from Howard to when we we eventually play in the BE... he belongs.
Ill go further. Hes our #2 and i think by the time march roles around he could be our #1b in the sense that he will be as good a first option as Bouk. I was impressed with Cole tonight. He is an absolute stud. Id like to see Cole/Bouk start with Gaffney/Adams backing up which imho will be the best backcourt in the conference. Gaff/Adams could be a good backcourt on a big east team and to have that coming off the bench is just incredible..

Reaction Score
Very impressive, think it was clear he'll be the 2nd scorer behind Bouknight. Not necessarily going to get the 2nd most points but when we need a bucket and Bouk is out/doubled I think he's the guy.

A couple of bad/lazy passes but I think some more chemistry will help. Seemed to have the same reaction as Bouknight last year where he was getting frustrated players weren't seeing the same thing he was and cut to a different spot

Reaction Score
Another nice debut. He was the primary ballhandler tonight so clearly Hurley is going with him as our "point guard" and Gaffney will be off the ball. He looked pretty good tonight but I am still waiting to see him in extended time vs Big East talent.

I expect our rotations to change quite a bit throughout the season. Andre Jackson won't be coming off the bench all season, he's simply too talented; his path to the starting lineup will likely be similar to Bouk's last year. I imagine Gaffney will become our second unit PG off the bench.

Reaction Score
I think the takeaway from tonight is that Bouknight is #1 on this squad and Cole is probably #2.

Reaction Score
RJ has the tools. Just needs to get sharp. Maybe not the next Khalid but some interesting similarities.

Reaction Score
RJ has the tools. Just needs to get sharp. Maybe not the next Khalid but some interesting similarities.

Bold statement...but I kinda see it in a quiet moxy sort of way.

Would love if your right!

Reaction Score
I might say that Martin may be #2.
No. Hes not consistent enough offensively. Hes not a better player than Cole for sure. That being said id happily eat crow on that. If Martin were to emerge as the #2 becase hes better than Cole and not because Cole isnt as good as we hoped then this team is final four material for sure.

Reaction Score
He was great tonight. Did a little bit of everything. Hit some 3s, distributed, played great on-ball defense most of the night and ran the offense really well. Never would have known this was his first competitive game in almost 2 yrs.

I think he's our Alpha PG. Gaffney is great, and I love when they're on the floor together, but RJ looks like the more polished guy and a true leader. He scored in a variety of ways, and I don't think there's any concerns about his play and scoring abilities translating from Howard when we eventually play big dogs in the BE... he belongs and he's great.
Just a whole lot better offensive player than Gaffney. Love how smooth he plays.

Reaction Score

He was ok but great he was most definitely not.

He can hit shots from the perimeter when open which is good. He is in the Sterling Gibbs mold as of now.

Let’s see how he does against a real D1 level team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom