RJ Cole Expectations | The Boneyard

RJ Cole Expectations

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Buddy of mine was underselling him in a convo I had. How many do we think he’ll average/play next year?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I have only seen him play once, and it was at the open practice earlier this year. I was not impressed at all, but he may have taken a slight back seat to players that are actually playing this year. I mentioned that he looked undersized and just meh on another thread somewhere and got blasted for it. I guess he's pretty good...we will have to see.

How well he does depends on a few things. Technically, Gilbert could come back. Also, will Cole be competing with/splitting minutes with Gaffney, or is the starting spot his?

Reaction Score
12/2/5 37% from 3. 40% from the field. 4 TOs per game early, but he settles down by mid-season as he adjusts to the pace of the high major game. Defense just okay--not sure the athleticism is there.

2pt%, TOs and defense will be important for him. He was a really had finisher at Howard. The shooting will translate.

I'm also hoping he's worked on his handles a lot. It was not good at Howard. If Gaffney and Cole don't improve ballhandling, we're in big, big trouble

Reaction Score
I only hope it’s a battle for the starting point guard slot.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hoping he can be the next Khalid El-Amin

Reaction Score
Projecting stats is kind of silly, but what would be a reasonable comparison for his game?

Sterling Gibbs with a little more athleticism?

Reaction Score
would he have been the best PG in the aac next year?

Reaction Score
I only hope it’s a battle for the starting point guard slot.

He is the perfect transfer/type of player for Gaffney to battle for the starting position; a solid and mature mid-major player with good habits who will have some breakout games but ultimately be average in the BE.

Cole will start first half of the season, I expect Gaffney to start the second.

Reaction Score
Projecting stats is kind of silly, but what would be a reasonable comparison for his game?

Sterling Gibbs with a little more athleticism?

I think Cole is a much better distributor than Gibbs, who really wasn't a point guard. Gibbs was really a spot up shooter. Cole creates for others more and can go to the basket pretty well.

Reaction Score
12/2/5 37% from 3. 40% from the field. 4 TOs per game early, but he settles down by mid-season as he adjusts to the pace of the high major game. Defense just okay--not sure the athleticism is there.

2pt%, TOs and defense will be important for him. He was a really had finisher at Howard. The shooting will translate.

I'm also hoping he's worked on his handles a lot. It was not good at Howard. If Gaffney and Cole don't improve ballhandling, we're in big, big trouble
Why did he transfer?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really glad we'll have a steady hand at point guard next year, regardless of Gilbert's decision. With that being said, I think Gaffney is more talented, so I'm hoping he pushes Cole for the starting spot.

Reaction Score
Really glad we'll have a steady hand at point guard next year, regardless of Gilbert's decision. With that being said, I think Gaffney is more talented, so I'm hoping he pushes Cole for the starting spot.

If Gilbert leaves, both Gaffney and Cole will get a ton of minutes next year, and will spend a lot of it playing together.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He'll average 11 and 5 in 28 mins by the end of the season. He'll have to prove that he can hoop at this level. Big East isn't the conference he played in.

Reaction Score
A big time player would be fun. Considering our recent history with transfers, I don't expect much more than Tarin Smith production. Not that I'd be upset with that - it just seems that he is reaching Ferarri in the garage boneyard hype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom