River Baldwin....soph center visit? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

River Baldwin....soph center visit?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
See, this is why, unlike many of you, I use my primary PR photo as my avatar. I want to avoid any surprise, shock, or horror when we actually meet. :cool:

(that's not me in the sunglasses, I'm the one over on the left)

Good move. My main avatar - virtually on any other site -- is a very red maple tree I planted into our house when I moved in some 20+ years ago and is now 20-foot plus. However, I got assigned this ND logo and it's become something of a calling card. Hmmm, visiting my daughter on campus in three weeks...maybe a change is in order?

Reaction Score
Don't necessarily count on it..she complains that the weather in Texas is too cold....how is she going to survive in the Arctic like climate of CT?

Haven't been in Texas in the Winter have you?? The wind blow--along the panhandle you drive sideways (pilots crab) and that wind is frigid. FW/Dallas often freeze so deep pipes burst. Connecticut except for the depth of the snow is a cat in the cold weather arena.
But I have been to open parking in Storrs after BB games where it was extra frigid and windy--not such a cat.

Reaction Score
LOL. After moving from Mass to TX, no comparison. Was 82 last week, 75 today in Dallas. Comparing Austin to Conn not a fair comparison as well. That being said, the best recruits travel through the snow and ice to see the many championships and to try and win one on their own. Those big smiles holding trophies say it all why the best go to UConn. All depends on their goals.
You are picking your numbers---I spent many month in both the DFW area and the panhandle---abt this time of the year snow is more than likely and with the wind on the pan handle it gets really cold. It does not happen every year--but Dallas and FW had in ground water pipes bursting all over both towns---and I've driven from Houston to Little Rock on a thanksgivings day in six inches of snow and still snowing---it was melted away in 2 days--but the snow came.

Reaction Score
Great infor here. Question: With Charli Collier commit, doesn't that leave just two available scholarships for class of 2018?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great infor here. Question: With Charli Collier commit, doesn't that leave just two available scholarships for class of 2018?
Charli's commit makes 12 total. We can go up to 15

SR: Collier, Samuelson, Stevens
JR: Danger, Irwin, Bent, Camara
SO: Espinosa, Gordon, Coombs, Walker
FR: Collier

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

He could, but I don't seem to recall and/or notice a bench that big when the Irish play him. Does he have a preferred number of players (give or take one)? Muffet likes to have 12, but a number of folks on McGraw's bench would like to see that go to 13 because of injuries and a transfer. Just wondering....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

CD said a couple years ago that the ideal class size is 4-3-4-3. I think that 3-4-4-3 is a reasonable approximation. BTW, the senior class could go 1-2-3 in the draft AGAIN.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He could, but I don't seem to recall and/or notice a bench that big when the Irish play him. Does he have a preferred number of players (give or take one)? Muffet likes to have 12, but a number of folks on McGraw's bench would like to see that go to 13 because of injuries and a transfer. Just wondering....
Generally no more than 12. Usually 13 at most. Probably same as Muffet. Here's why:

UCONN potential starters - Collier (Pheesa), Samuelson, Stevens, Dangerfield, Walker
Lots of PT - Camara, Coombs
Developing players - Gordon, Espinosa, Collier (Charli)
Role players - Bent, Irwin

If you count possible Christyn Williams as a hopeful UCONN lean, she goes under the category of "developing players". I mean no disrespect to Bent and Irwin, but beginning next year, I just don't see how they earn any meaningful PT given that UCONN will be wanting to develop non-role players to see what their upside is. I don't see Bent or Irwin with the same upside as other posts Camara/Collier or guards Coombs, Gordon, and Espinosa. If you add in guard Williams and another post player, there's just not enough PT for everyone. And above is just with 12 players. At 13 or 14, it's incredibly cumbersome...

Personally I think a class size of 3-3-3-3 is about perfect.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Generally no more than 12. Usually 13 at most. Probably same as Muffet. Here's why:

UCONN potential starters - Collier (Pheesa), Samuelson, Stevens, Dangerfield, Walker
Lots of PT - Camara, Coombs
Developing players - Gordon, Espinosa, Collier (Charli)
Role players - Bent, Irwin

If you count possible Christyn Williams as a hopeful UCONN lean, she goes under the category of "developing players". I mean no disrespect to Bent and Irwin, but beginning next year, I just don't see how they earn any meaningful PT given that UCONN will be wanting to develop non-role players to see what their upside is. I don't see Bent or Irwin with the same upside as other posts Camara/Collier or guards Coombs, Gordon, and Espinosa. If you add in guard Williams and another post player, there's just not enough PT for everyone. And above is just with 12 players. At 13 or 14, it's incredibly cumbersome...

Personally I think a class size of 3-3-3-3 is about perfect.
After years with some lack of depth, I prefer a larger roster. We might see a transfer or two, though I doubt it. We may see a redshirt. We could have injuries. I like some "redundancy."

Looking at next year and the following year together, we will have to replace Gabby and Kia in 2018-19. Who benefits from that? I see Megan replacing Kia and going from 16-18 minutes as a frosh to 24-26 minutes as a sophomore. I think that Azura and Batouly pick up Gabby's minutes.

Except for Megan, I think Geno brings the freshmen along slowly, as they are not needed much next season. But they will have their opportunity a year or two later. An interesting question relates to Molly and Kyla vs. Andi, Lexi, and Mikayla. The frosh are more highly rated, but the sophs will have more experience and a better understanding of what Geno wants. How do those things offset?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Her name is Andra Espinoza-Hunter. She refers to herself as Andi.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Her name is Andra Espinoza-Hunter. She refers to herself as Andi.
I know. I shortened it. Apparently you still knew who I was referring to. It will probably be easier to refer to her as AEH when she gets to UCONN, much like we did for KML...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
An interesting question relates to Molly and Kyla vs. Andi, Lexi, and Mikayla. The frosh are more highly rated, but the sophs will have more experience and a better understanding of what Geno wants. How do those things offset?
One of the great questions of our time. I'm eager to know the answer. I'm not betting against Molly.

Reaction Score
I know. I shortened it. Apparently you still knew who I was referring to. It will probably be easier to refer to her as AEH when she gets to UCONN, much like we did for KML...

I like Andi.

upload_2017-2-3_9-53-36.png

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm assuming Geno is now around 5'9" (I tell my doctor I no longer care if he weighs me, just don't measure my height!). From that, and given that Geno's wearing heeled shoes and she's wearing sneakers and his hair is a little more "puffy" than hers, 6'5" could be right. What I'm more interested in is the painting behind them. I just can't figure out what building that hangs in. Anyone have an idea?

Just for grins, I decided to try Google's reverse image lookup. Didn't help, but I loved the response:

Best guess for this image: fun

Reaction Score
Just for grins, I decided to try Google's reverse image lookup. Didn't help, but I loved the response:

Best guess for this image: fun
I did the same thing and got "hair coloring"

Google

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Sent me too Rick Astley website...hahaha...well, never gonna give up.

Reaction Score
After years with some lack of depth, I prefer a larger roster. We might see a transfer or two, though I doubt it. We may see a redshirt. We could have injuries. I like some "redundancy."

Looking at next year and the following year together, we will have to replace Gabby and Kia in 2018-19. Who benefits from that? I see Megan replacing Kia and going from 16-18 minutes as a frosh to 24-26 minutes as a sophomore. I think that Azura and Batouly pick up Gabby's minutes.

Except for Megan, I think Geno brings the freshmen along slowly, as they are not needed much next season. But they will have their opportunity a year or two later. An interesting question relates to Molly and Kyla vs. Andi, Lexi, and Mikayla. The frosh are more highly rated, but the sophs will have more experience and a better understanding of what Geno wants. How do those things offset?
I pity the rest of the ACC in the forth Q "trash time."

Reaction Score
Just, "Andi," please. Please! AEH sounds like some scary government bureaucracy. If you insist on doing this, the AEH will send its agents to interview you, and review your taxes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom