River Baldwin....soph center visit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

River Baldwin....soph center visit?

Reaction Score
River is the #22 player and #3 center in 2019 per HG. She's the tallest player in the top 25.

Have we ever gotten or even recruited player from Alabama?
I've followed Uconn recruiting since 2000 and I don't recall any mention of recruiting a player from Alabama. As posted by others, I think it's a very positive sign that she was willing, as a sophomore, to visit Uconn at her own expense.

JS

Reaction Score
C3WKH_lXUAE78E_.jpg:large
She reminds me of somebody.

Hmmm. Let me think . . .

latest

Reaction Score
Great handle, no doubt.

But I would hope that we would go for broke and recruit Queen Egbo (2018), Heavenly Greer (2020), and my favorite - get ready - Treasure Hunt (2020)!

Wow, those are all outstanding names that one would be hard pressed to forget.

Heavenly to the Queen to the Treasure.

View attachment 19238

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I do not know a lot about this girl but when I asked about her to some people I know in the AAU circuit hey had nothing but positive things to say about her and that her ceiling was extremely high. Take it for what it's worth!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't necessarily count on it..she complains that the weather in Texas is too cold....how is she going to survive in the Arctic like climate of CT?
My recent travel experiences suggest that CT might be as warmer than Texas in the winter. Big selling point.

Reaction Score
UCONN has received recruits from 34 states, DC and 5 countries. But I don't believe we ever had a recruit from Alabama. We recruited Kiana Robinson from Florida in 2004 and believe she transferred to the University of Alabama before she ever played a game for us. But hey, we recently recruited our first young ladies from Tennessee, Texas & Arizona, so there is always hope.

Reaction Score
My recent travel experiences suggest that CT might be as warmer than Texas in the winter. Big selling point.
LOL. After moving from Mass to TX, no comparison. Was 82 last week, 75 today in Dallas. Comparing Austin to Conn not a fair comparison as well. That being said, the best recruits travel through the snow and ice to see the many championships and to try and win one on their own. Those big smiles holding trophies say it all why the best go to UConn. All depends on their goals.

Reaction Score
All I can think of is ...

Connecticut River...
Baldwin Bridge....

Maybe traveled along the coast for too many years a while back.....

Reaction Score
Azura's name has been mentioned. A sports TV reporter indicated that Geno, had taken 'Azura' as a transfer player, provided that she would remain for 2 years. She wants to win a N.C. She felt that the time spent at Duke. would not provide a Championship & the advanced training necessary for the WNBA. Azura has tremendous potential !

Reaction Score
Haven't seen any film. But there are some still shots.

0111-spt-River.gif

Plays VB too.

1029-spt-River-Baldwin.gif

That Volleyball pic is just ridiculous.

Is that net regulation height or do they adjust it for the ladies? She is way high up over the net.

Reaction Score
As a former trapper in my youth with active trap line, it is very hard to evaluate the fur piece around CD's neck. The angle taken in the shot, texture of the fur, may be imitation fur, may be dyed, all obscures a determination. In jest. it may even be the fur of feral alley cat !
What's that animal on CD's collar? Mink?

Reaction Score
I don't get caught up in recruiting. I realize you need to get good players, but you also need to know what to do with them. And nobody does that better than Geno and company. I'm concerned with the results, not the process. I do, however, have a couple of observations on comments by others.
First, regarding Geno's height, based on personal experience, I'd give him a few years yet before noticeable shrinkage occurs.
Second, regarding Shea, it's the lighting.
Third is actually a question about the painting: not where, but why?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't get caught up in recruiting. I realize you need to get good players, but you also need to know what to do with them. And nobody does that better than Geno and company. I'm concerned with the results, not the process. I do, however, have a couple of observations on comments by others.
First, regarding Geno's height, based on personal experience, I'd give him a few years yet before noticeable shrinkage occurs.
Second, regarding Shea, it's the lighting.
Third is actually a question about the painting: not where, but why?
I would have never guessed that you "don't get caught up in recruiting" from the three things you mentioned. :D
Why? Because that was the best lighting available and no one though someone would actually comment on the painting in the background.
Personally I'm good with the picture. Why? Marisa is in it.

Reaction Score
I like that the way that she as a tall woman can get off of the ground. So when she wants a rebound, she can sky like Gabby. And when she wants to shoot, the guards that are trying to strip the ball, will only see her navel.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like that the way that she as a tall woman can get off of the ground. So when she wants a rebound, she can sky like Gabby. And when she wants to shoot, the guards that are trying to strip the ball, will only see her navel.
Although it looks to be little more than a foot off the ground she's leaping in the shot, that's not the full out spike jump she's capable of. I love her, but she already has Big Nat beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom